Page 131 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2668

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Played through the Life is Strange series. Had played the first game, but managed to get the sequel and prequel on sale. They're alright enough to play, but naturally its the story that'll make or break them for you.
    Did you like Before the Storm and the direct sequel to the first one?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Did you like Before the Storm and the direct sequel to the first one?
    Before the Storm is fine as a companion piece to the original. It digs in a bit deeper in regards to the relationships of certain characters from the first game, and develops several characters that never played much importance in the original alongside a few new faces. It's nature as a prequel to the original kind of limits how significant the story can be, but going back to Arcadia Bay was fun. Due to union issues the vast majority of characters found in the original have different voice actors, including Chloe Price. They'll generally good, and it's hardly noticeable with some characters but there are a few jarring voice changes.

Life is Strange 2 is a step up on both games in my opinion. I liked the Arcadia Bay games, but it's hard to argue that a lot of the conflicts in both feel rather juvenile/immature. Which makes sense, you're playing as highschool/college students solving mysteries in a small town. Things get dark, but the school-mate drama never really leaves. The journey of the Diaz brothers moves away from that in the first act of the first episode. Their situation is more realistically tragic, and the decisions they make along the way have interesting consequences.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

My currently played games-

Clue/Cluedo
    A Matter of Murder
    Elder Sign: Omens
    Talisman
    Slay the Spire
    Night of the Full Moon
    Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
    Cardinal Quest 2
    Golden Krone Hotel
    Castlevania I
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Death Stranding.

I'm almost done with the game and I enjoyed it. It's an acquired taste so I'm not sure i could recommend it yet.

Not sure what to play next. I got a list as long as my netflix queue

I've been playing the FF VII remake and while it sort of follows the original, I can't help but get the feeling that with certain plotlines and twists this might end up becoming more like the Evangelion Rebuild movies-which while it updated the TV series and started out as a fairly close adaptation of the TV series with updated animation etc. it then did a complete 180 with the story by the end of the second film.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I've been playing the FF VII remake and while it sort of follows the original, I can't help but get the feeling that with certain plotlines and twists this might end up becoming more like the Evangelion Rebuild movies-which while it updated the TV series and started out as a fairly close adaptation of the TV series with updated animation etc. it then did a complete 180 with the story by the end of the second film.
    Its already made some detours along the way. I fully expect that as the games go along they will throw fans for a shock or 2.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Maybe a certain death won't happen after all (or be switched to some other character).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Rogue Galaxy on PS4
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Magic The Gathering Arena.

You know, there are other cards games i like, like Gwent for example but Magic man...right now i use 4 decks, 1 with vampire, 1 with apes, 1 with angels and humans and 1 with faeries lol. There isn't a lot of other cards games who propose that kind of diversity in themes, which is for me Magic main big advantage. (with a set of very good rules of course)

Streets of Rage 4
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Grand Theft Auto V. Way back on release I didn't think my PC could handle it, so I didn't bother. Time just passed with my attentions elsewhere. Fast forward to this past week and Epic was giving it away for free and my PC's more than fine now so I grabbed it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Sniper Elite 4 on the PS4, it was a free PS Plus game. I am exactly halfway through it, 5 missions out of 10 in the campaign mode. I am enjoying it very much thus far!

So, I don't think this was posted on here but...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas.../#2ac461064630

EA looks to be remastering the ME trilogy. What that ultimately means is hard to say; as "remaster" has come to mean everything from a cleaned up and updated graphics, to rebuilding from the ground up.

ME1 had a great story, but the combat compared to ME2 and ME3 is a bit more than lackluster. ME2, other than some graphics polishing, should be fine. ME3 though, overall, is a good game. But if they were to give it a canonical ending (like full paragon route, all the things you did through 3 games matter and you win, something like that), rather than be vague (at best), that would certainly rebuild interest in the franchise. Heck, even right now on the Xbox360, the multiplayer for ME3 is still going.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

It won't be out until Wednesday, but I plan of spending my day off with the Soda Dungeon 2 beta.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

So I managed to get my hands on a fan translation of the PSP exclusive Nayuta no Kiseki, which they translated as "Nayuta: Endless Trails," and which has been delisted even in Japan and goddamn Nihon Falcom, find some way for me to be able to legitimately pay you for this game because it's basically the halfway point between Tokyo Xanadu and Ys Seven and is just knocking everything out of the goddamn park.

Or at least make a Rune Factory-style life sim game that takes place on Remnant Island, because it is a gorgeous and super charming setting (a tropical paradise where ruins and starshards that can project otherworldly landscapes occasionally fall from the sky, with a gate that leads to the land of Terra, a mysterious world where you can use divine steampunk to alter the seasons at will, one you find the appropriate gear, and also museum has recently opened up to display all the various specimens and treasures you find throughout your journey, plus you can adopt a dog), with a really fun and elaborate battle system and probably the best art direction Falcom has every had. I haven't even gotten to talking about Noi the fairy, the elemental Guardians, the divine Mythos species (think of a more elaborately dressed analogue of Ys' Eldeen species), the likeable townsfolk and tourists, or the way they somehow do a lot of world building despite never leaving the island, or how fun and robust the battle system is, etc... Just flesh out the cooking system, put in full blown Social Link mechanic (perhaps maxing out a bond with a townsperson or tourist will let you implant some sort of image representing your friendship into a blank starshards, which can them be put on display in your home or the museum), maybe make something akin to a farming/alchemy/crafting system based around Astronomy (it's a whole thing with Nayuta), and it's a day one purchase for me. Heck, link it to the Monster World from Gurumin: A Monstrous Tale for some more free and super charming NPCs you can hang out with and do quests for.

TL: DR;. First reaction to Nayuta no Kiseki is "Shut up and take my money!"