Page 135 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2668

I've went knee deep into FFXIV and I'm loving it. Always said I'd stay away from MMOs but here I am paying a subscription. I both hate and love myself.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

I've been on a massive Fallout kick for the past 2 months. Mostly New Vegas and a little Fallout 4. I even picked up 76 cheap after the Wastelanders update. It's...eh. Just picture the most bog-standard DLC for Fallout 4 imaginable and that's pretty much what you get. Much like Anthem, it's very obvious that this is an online looter shooter developed by people who've never played an online looter shooter in their life. The sheer lack of content, not just in comparison to other games of this type like Destiny, Warframe or The Division...but to other Fallout games, is staggering. What they try to pass off as an, "endgame" is embarrassing (do one quest once a day for 2 months straight to max your reputation...unless you use an exploit to do it in an hour. Guess what most people do?). The big endgame fight with the Scorchbeast Queen might actually be the worst boss fight I've experienced in any game in my entire life.

It's not the worst game I've ever played, but it's definitely one of the laziest. Jumping in Power Armor and blowing **** up with a gatling laser can be fun but the way the game is designed makes it hard to even do that. There are very few areas on the map that have more than a handful of enemies around and you gotta compete with everyone else to get to them, so you spend a lot of time fast-traveling and server-hopping in an attempt enemies to shoot in your first-person shooter. And everything you do has an artificial cap on it to slow your progress. There's only so many items you can sell to vendors a day. Only so much endgame currency you can acquire a day. Etc... When I started typing this, I was gonna say you might enjoy it if you grab it cheap but never mind.

On the plus side, New Vegas is as good as it ever was. And the mods that are out now are insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    I've went knee deep into FFXIV and I'm loving it. Always said I'd stay away from MMOs but here I am paying a subscription. I both hate and love myself.
    I wouldn't feel bad. FFXIV is one of the few games that puts out enough content on a regular enough basis to justify a monthly fee.
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 07-07-2020 at 01:30 PM.

CASTLEVANIA SYMPHONY OF THE NIGHT
    It's really hard to win as Richter Belmont, but I insist to get all trophies for the PS4.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Extraordinary Member

I've been playing the latest Sakura Wars.

The general gameplay is pretty basic but very engaging, and the story and characters are super charming. So I'm having a lot of fun.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

risk of rain 2

skul: the hero slayer

I played and completed for the first time both Silent Hill & Silent Hill 2. I had a great time, especially with the sequel. They share an overwhelming craft of ambience and some genuine scares that are solid up to this day. The melancholic feel that these games create and hold are prime examples on how to do games that remain relevant through the pass of time.

I also completed Resident Evil 7: It's enjoyable and manages to build the horror with cool scare jumps and movie references in the first half. The second half falls short to live up to the level of tension earned in the beginning, but it's still a fun experience

I'm starting Silent Hill 3 and continuing SH Origins, which I've had for many years, but I have never payed it much attention, so I always come back to it and expend most of the time figuring out what was I suppose to achieve when I left it last time. I also have the first four Tomb Raider, Portal 2, Limbo and the remake of the first Resident Evil waiting for me
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Finished Uncharted: Lost Legacy, and this cemented my feeling that the Uncharted games that didn't have supernatural elements had the best stories. Also, I liked the open world section way better than Uncharted 4's (and, to be fair, they had time to iterate on that version) since the puzzles of the various towers and the optional token hunt gave it more of a Zelda-ish feel than just a pretty area to wander around in between plot points of Madagascar. Not to mention that, possibly due to personal bias, I found the jungle filled with Indian ruins to be a lot prettier than the Scottish highlands, muddy area around the base of a volcano in Madagascar, or a jungle filled with Elizabethean Ruins.

And speaking of the token hunt, it was probably my favorite collectible set in the entire series since they each had a little puzzle associated with it and it gave you something that let you know when a Treasure was around so you know to look around for secret areas instead of just having to constantly waste time poking around every corner.

Now I randomly tried out Hitman on my PS4. So far, I'm finding it pretty entertaing, though I haven't tried for any of the sillier kills yet.

CASTLEVANIA SYMPHONY OF THE NIGHT
    It's my first time playing Axe Armor mode, and I even tried some equipment I don't usually play with cause I got too used to relying on the X-X!V''Q code, and trying on the Ring of Varda (dropped by paranthopus) and equipping the Were Bane (dropped by Hunting Girl) sword got much better results than I'm used to.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Kicking arses on Garou: Mark of the Wolves. Which isn't a werewolf themed game but a fighting game from SNK.

Back then, when they used to put at least some efforts on the visual of their games.

You lovable but lazy bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Kicking arses on Garou: Mark of the Wolves. Which isn't a werewolf themed game but a fighting game from SNK.

Back then, when they used to put at least some efforts on the visual of their games.

Garou might be the best fighting game SNK ever released. I always had a blast playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Garou might be the best fighting game SNK ever released. I always had a blast playing.
    I hear ya.

I have it on PS4 and honestly that's a nice edition. You can choose the size of the screen, to smooth the image, the amount of lines you want and the online works fine for what i have experienced so far.

Just got gamenight people into Jackbox via Mixer/Twitch/Zoom. And now family, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post

Didn't look like the slacked to me on visuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I love it, but I will consider it the best Fatal Fury game.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    I've been on a massive Fallout kick for the past 2 months. Mostly New Vegas and a little Fallout 4. I even picked up 76 cheap after the Wastelanders update. It's...eh. Just picture the most bog-standard DLC for Fallout 4 imaginable and that's pretty much what you get. Much like Anthem, it's very obvious that this is an online looter shooter developed by people who've never played an online looter shooter in their life. The sheer lack of content, not just in comparison to other games of this type like Destiny, Warframe or The Division...but to other Fallout games, is staggering. What they try to pass off as an, "endgame" is embarrassing (do one quest once a day for 2 months straight to max your reputation...unless you use an exploit to do it in an hour. Guess what most people do?). The big endgame fight with the Scorchbeast Queen might actually be the worst boss fight I've experienced in any game in my entire life.

It's not the worst game I've ever played, but it's definitely one of the laziest. Jumping in Power Armor and blowing **** up with a gatling laser can be fun but the way the game is designed makes it hard to even do that. There are very few areas on the map that have more than a handful of enemies around and you gotta compete with everyone else to get to them, so you spend a lot of time fast-traveling and server-hopping in an attempt enemies to shoot in your first-person shooter. And everything you do has an artificial cap on it to slow your progress. There's only so many items you can sell to vendors a day. Only so much endgame currency you can acquire a day. Etc... When I started typing this, I was gonna say you might enjoy it if you grab it cheap but never mind.

On the plus side, New Vegas is as good as it ever was. And the mods that are out now are insane.

I wouldn't feel bad. FFXIV is one of the few games that puts out enough content on a regular enough basis to justify a monthly fee.
    There's a fan game called Fallout: Resurrection that bridges the gap between the first two. Well worth finding.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I love it, but I will consider it the best Fatal Fury game.
    My only gripe with Garou is that the casting isn't very interesting, but at least Rocky and Old Man Terry are cool af.
    To me, Garou and KOF 97 are still the best ones, but i didn't play the recent KOFs.