Page 118 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2679
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Started up Metro: Exodus and am liking it so far. The menus and such have taken a little to get used to though. It kind of just throws you in feet first without a lot of explaining how things work.

All-New Member

Assassin's Creed Odyssey! I thought my laptop wouldn't be able to run it but it plays just fine on low-medium settings

Marvel's Spider-Man, ps4, finally lol. Bought the game months ago but for some reason never really started it.

It's fun, New York is gorgeous and the game sure is casual players friendly. (which is cool, i sure as hell not gonna give crap to the devs for making an effort on that)

It's easy though. Like, gee, the combats of course are a piece of cake but things like the exploration parts, when you're supposed to find some random backpacks and other **** you know, a giant column of light tells you exactly where the damn thing is lol.

Come on now, let us sweat a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    It's easy though. Like, gee, the combats of course are a piece of cake
    How far in are you?

The bases actually start requiring some strategy as you get further into the game.

I know that the roster updates aren't supposed to affect game modes that are already in progress, but Sony has to get Tyler Skaggs out of The Show. It's a little disturbing.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Marvel's Spider-Man, ps4, finally lol. Bought the game months ago but for some reason never really started it.

It's fun, New York is gorgeous and the game sure is casual players friendly. (which is cool, i sure as hell not gonna give crap to the devs for making an effort on that)

It's easy though. Like, gee, the combats of course are a piece of cake but things like the exploration parts, when you're supposed to find some random backpacks and other **** you know, a giant column of light tells you exactly where the damn thing is lol.

The game is a good platinum to get and one you don't have to grind and do insane things to do. The hardest part is the Taskmaster challenges that I had to push myself a little on to get the extra costumes unlocked.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I know what I will be playing soon and that is Dragonquest Builders 2. I LOVED that first game and am so looking forward to the sequel.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

There's also the secret photos, which you have to pretty much guess at with your knowledge of Marvel and NYC. The best you can get, help-wise, is a relatively expensive mod that gives you a short-range radar for them, at the cost of not having a more combat-oriented mod available.

Also, the post-game DLC introduced much harder enemy types and bases, as well.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 07-11-2019 at 04:20 PM.

Well, i have spent a countless amount of hours on Arkham Knight so you know, more or less the same mechanics really. Maybe that's why it seems too easy to me.

But great game. And know what? It's actually relaxing to just play without any worries for once.

Finished Marvel's Spider-Man. That was a fun ride.

I haven't found one single thing who really bothered me and the sequel sure promises to be awesome. Yet, still more of a fan of Arkham City and Knight i must admit. (as super heroic open worlds go)

But yeah, great game. (no Baxter building though...shame, real shame)
    Last edited by Starter Set; 07-12-2019 at 03:13 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Went to playing Playstation All-Stars on Vita and its a decent fun game for what it was. What is sad is Sony really didn't have the IP's they have now a decade later. With Days Gone , Horizon Zero Dawn , more characters from Uncharted (Chloe etc) , Last of Us. So they were forced to use a bunch of IP's that made some chuckle (Parappa the Rapper) .

The game sadly lost its online fighting part when Sony finally after 8+ years took it down.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Went to playing Playstation All-Stars on Vita and its a decent fun game for what it was. What is sad is Sony really didn't have the IP's they have now a decade later. With Days Gone , Horizon Zero Dawn , more characters from Uncharted (Chloe etc) , Last of Us. So they were forced to use a bunch of IP's that made some chuckle (Parappa the Rapper) .

The game sadly lost its online fighting part when Sony finally after 8+ years took it down.
    Yeah, I'd love to see a more polished sequel, but they could have put in more Japan Studio characters, like Kotoro (Puppeteer), Ico (Ico), Wander (Shadow of the Colossus), Raven and Yunica (Gravity Rush 1), and maybe put Iota and Atoi from Tearaway in as DLC. And they definitely should have tried to get Spyro and Crash, as well as OG Dante, and maybe see if they could have gotten Sephiroth if they couldn't get Cloud. Maybe You Narukami of Persona 4, as well.

On a semi-related now, I just replayed Uncharted Golden Abyss for the Vita, and I forgot how great it was. It made me skip my massive queue to start playing the Nathan Drake collection, and I honestly like Golden Abyss a lot more than Drake's Fortune, thus far (though I'm only 40% of the way through Drake's Fortune so far). I think it's largely do to the better pacing, since Bend Studio has the advantage of seeing how Naughty Dog improved the series for several installments before they made Golden Abyss. I wish they made a sequel with less mandatory touch screen stuff.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 07-14-2019 at 10:21 PM.

So I'm still at Okami HD. I got a little distracted by Persona Q2, Trials of Mana, and Bloodstained, but now I am back into it.

(And the occasional trip playing Super Mario Maker 2.)

Witcher 3.

After several aborted attempts over the last two years I finally dove into this game. Its good enough to keep me playing, I'm probably at 100 hrs right now, but I don't understand why so many claim it to be one of the best games ever. While fun its repetitive and the story is only so-so. It especially pales compared to similar games like Horizon Zero Dawn. I'm not sure how close to the end I am but its starting to feel tedious due to the repetitiveness - examine bodies, track monster, kill monster, rinse repeat. Gwent is fun even if incredibly easy once you have even a mediocre deck - I beat the High Stakes Gwent quest on my first try without difficulty and without even having completed my deck (I was still missing Geralt and a couple of other hero cards). I don't think I've lost a match since very early in the game.
    Last edited by TriggerWarning; 07-18-2019 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Witcher 3.

After several aborted attempts over the last two years I finally dove into this game. Its good enough to keep me playing, I'm probably at 100 hrs right now, but I don't understand why so many claim it to be one of the best games ever. While fun its repetitive and the story is only so-so. It especially pales compared to similar games like Horizon Zero Dawn.
    I feel like open world games story element has to be looked at differently. Personally, I think the looser the framework, the better. It's about how strong the vignettes are (Towerful of Mice or The Bloody Baron). A big deal about Witcher 3 is also the fully fleshed out side content. A lot of games in the last four years have followed suit, so maybe that doesn't stand out as much as it did. Not a lot of "gather X amount of Y and bring it to me" quests.

HZD's umbrella arc is more coherent because the main quest line is essentially going from location to location to hear an exposition dump. (The dialogue options are utterly pointless in HZD too).

I love both games. It's going to come down to personal preference at that point.

Oh, also, you're probably not near the end of the game unless you've passed the first time you thought you were at the end of the game.