Page 119 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119
Results 1,771 to 1,774 of 1774

So I'm still at Okami HD. I got a little distracted by Persona Q2, Trials of Mana, and Bloodstained, but now I am back into it.

(And the occasional trip playing Super Mario Maker 2.)

Fantastic Member TriggerWarning's Avatar

Witcher 3.

After several aborted attempts over the last two years I finally dove into this game. Its good enough to keep me playing, I'm probably at 100 hrs right now, but I don't understand why so many claim it to be one of the best games ever. While fun its repetitive and the story is only so-so. It especially pales compared to similar games like Horizon Zero Dawn. I'm not sure how close to the end I am but its starting to feel tedious due to the repetitiveness - examine bodies, track monster, kill monster, rinse repeat. Gwent is fun even if incredibly easy once you have even a mediocre deck - I beat the High Stakes Gwent quest on my first try without difficulty and without even having completed my deck (I was still missing Geralt and a couple of other hero cards). I don't think I've lost a match since very early in the game.
    Last edited by TriggerWarning; 07-18-2019 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Witcher 3.

After several aborted attempts over the last two years I finally dove into this game. Its good enough to keep me playing, I'm probably at 100 hrs right now, but I don't understand why so many claim it to be one of the best games ever. While fun its repetitive and the story is only so-so. It especially pales compared to similar games like Horizon Zero Dawn.
    I feel like open world games story element has to be looked at differently. Personally, I think the looser the framework, the better. It's about how strong the vignettes are (Towerful of Mice or The Bloody Baron). A big deal about Witcher 3 is also the fully fleshed out side content. A lot of games in the last four years have followed suit, so maybe that doesn't stand out as much as it did. Not a lot of "gather X amount of Y and bring it to me" quests.

HZD's umbrella arc is more coherent because the main quest line is essentially going from location to location to hear an exposition dump. (The dialogue options are utterly pointless in HZD too).

I love both games. It's going to come down to personal preference at that point.

Oh, also, you're probably not near the end of the game unless you've passed the first time you thought you were at the end of the game.

I've been playing CTR non-stop.

Wife, kids, everyone.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium