Page 70 of 180 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2688
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Started playing Drakes Deception : Uncharted 3 remastered and well...its ****. The controls of young Drake running pissed me off to no end. I finally beat it and guess what happens folks. After the 2nd cut scene I learn the next part isn't installed yet and has 69% left to install. With 0% time left to do it. Which so pissed me off to a level. Its going back to where I got it for fucks sake. This really pissed me royally off. Just pissed me so off today , after struggling for an hour to do that running escape horse ****. And the game didn't install the entire part 3.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I took it back and they let me trade it even up for Lego Marvel Super-Heroes. I'll play Drake's Deception on PS3 soon at some point again. But for now I can play a nice fun game and enjoy myself as i had a fun time doing a lot of cool things already.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Battlefield 1, Destiny, and ESO.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

been playing Outlast again recently since its the month of Halloween and keeping that horror genre alive.

I had lost my Wii Remote (or it was stolen, I dunno). But with the announcement of the Nintendo Switch, I decided to dust off some games and buy a new remote so I can finish some. I'm playing the Metroid Prime trilogy again (3 will be for the first time) and I'm going to replay and finally finish Skyward Sword.
    Life is but a dream

Incredible Member

Dark Souls 3 and cycling through my SNES collection.

Splatoon and Xenoblade Chronicles X

Just finished my first-ever playthrough of Halo (the first one, on Ye Olde Numberless Xbox). It's probably unfair to give it a fresh grade so many years (and so many games) later, but with the understanding that it's quite primitive...I liked it a bunch but have trouble grasping what made it a phenomenon. It is very fast and very fluid, has the recharging shield/static health combo that's my general preference for shooters, and most of the guns are balanced enough to be useful, especially since some enemies are especially weak to one kind or another. (except the Needler, which is just dumb) Sorta mixed on art design: most of the human stuff is solid if generic and the Flood are kinda gruesome in a weird way, but the various Covenant aliens are forgettable and their weapons should all have a Fisher-Price logo on the side. That first time you look up and see the rest of the ring-world stretched out like a band of blue and green across the sky, though, is pretty amazing. The story works well enough, despite the unhelpful in medias res beginning and Bungie's characteristic preference for underexplained mythology (take a drink every time a new person, object or race is introduced as A Proper Noun without any other context) (actually don't, you WILL die), with the rather light touch offered by Cortana and Master Chief's* interactions being very welcome, though it gets stretched out further than it needs to pad the campaign...which I wouldn't necessarily mind if it weren't for all the repeated level furniture. There's only so many times I can go through the same damn corridor or the same damn diamond-shaped room full of slopes before I get bored or annoyed. The occasional needlessly mazelike layouts didn't help either, especially since the game only occasionally deigns to offer a next-objective waypoint. Oh, and the vehicles...good god, the vehicles. I suppose they wanted idiot-proof arcade controls, but there had to be a better solution than 'turn camera, hold forwards, wait what is this handbrake you speak of?'. Being forced to use the Warthog for an against-the-clock chase at the end feels like a cruel joke. Did the devs even TRY to use the Warthog themselves? It handles like its tires are made of ice and its chassis is full of helium balloons. Its tail wags about more than a dog's. Uuuuuuurrrrrggghhh.

Gonna take some time off before trying Halo 2. Meantime, I've got Star Wars: Republic Commando on the list.

* - Do they ever explain why he's called that? Because he's not a mentor or a boss of anyone, so he's neither a Master nor a Chief. And I know that's not his real name.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

The thing that made Halo really stand out was that it was one of the early great console shooters. The only other console exclusive shooter before Halo that is considered a classic is Goldeneye 64, which is a way clunkier game. Halo really hit it out of the park with feeling solid on a controller and having equally great campaign, co-op, and multiplayer settings. Also he's called Masterchief because that's his military rank (or, at least it is an actual military rank).

^ Mmm, fair point. In my head I seem to have been assuming Halo debuted far later than it actually did - if it was before stuff like TimeSplitters 2 then, yeah, I can see how it would be the best you could hope for at the time.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    The thing that made Halo really stand out was that it was one of the early great console shooters. The only other console exclusive shooter before Halo that is considered a classic is Goldeneye 64, which is a way clunkier game. Halo really hit it out of the park with feeling solid on a controller and having equally great campaign, co-op, and multiplayer settings. Also he's called Masterchief because that's his military rank (or, at least it is an actual military rank).
    Specifically, Master Chief Petty Officer, which is a naval rank roughly equivalent to Sergeant(Sergeant Major/Chief Master Sergeant, to be exact). It happens to be the highest non-officer rank.

I got the Fallout 4 Season Pass as it was on the Halloween PSN sale, so I have been playing that a lot lately. I made a new character just so I can get into the swing of things (My original was a broken, currupt sniper, this one is a kind Power Armour user) but now I am taking her up as my main. Forgot how fun the game was.

Also picked up The Technomancer as I found it for half price in GAME. Its not the best game out there, but it is a lot better then some of the reviews gave it. Good lore and fun to play, even if the character models are not amazing.

I've just started Gears of War 4. Liking it so far
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Been in a Zelda mood lately. Alternating between Majora's Mask 3D and the Hyrule Warriors games. Also looking forward to getting the new Link Between Worlds DLC for Hyrule Warriors Legends when Nintendo puts it up later today.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Finished Gears of war 4 and just started mafia 3. Most the game so far seems to be brutally killing racist rednecks who call you ni***r every chance they get.