Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Default Amy Hennig Is Doing a Marvel Game!

https://kotaku.com/uncharteds-amy-he...ame-1847964266

So excited for what she could make with the quality of the core Uncharted games and the Marvel Universe. I am curious to see what character or team she and her new team will work on. Her history with solo characters makes me think she’s perfect for characters like Ant Man, Doctor Strange, Black Widow or or Black Panther especially. But her Star Wars game was meant to be more of an ensemble piece - I can see her tackling Fantastic Four especially well.

Seems interesting but haven't her last few projects been cancelled (Largely due to factors outside her control though).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Given her pedigree with Uncharted I want to see what she can do with a team like heroes for hire or superior foes of Spider-man.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Seems interesting but haven't her last few projects been cancelled (Largely due to factors outside her control though).
    I doubt Disney and Marvel will be as ruthless and anti story as EA was with Ragtag at the time, and the success of Fallen Order and Lucasfilm reacquainting their game division shows their folly. Amy should likely get a lot of clout since she was responsible for the most popular of the Uncharted games.

I'm hoping it's Daredevil.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-30-2021 at 08:04 AM.

Ultimate Member

Maybe we'll get a good Avengers game. there's no good reason we can't have one in 2021

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Maybe we'll get a good Avengers game. there's no good reason we can't have one in 2021
    Assuming they stop updating the current one...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Assuming they stop updating the current one...
    Eh, even with that being updating, Idk how much it'll draw new gamers in. I don't think it'll hurt to start fresh and launch a new Avengers game while the other one is still being expanded on.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Eh, even with that being updating, Idk how much it'll draw new gamers in. I don't think it'll hurt to start fresh and launch a new Avengers game while the other one is still being expanded on.
    They'd probably have to hard differentiate it from that game, especially with the current stink over it. An Ultimate Alliance 4 would probably be more likely.

Guardians of the Galaxy was great. I'd love A story Driven Black Panther or Daredevil game. If they have to do a team Xmen would be my first choice. If they go back to the Ultimate Aliance style game don't make it anything like 3. I wasn't a fan of UA3 at all. I preferred the story and Gameplay in UA2 way more. At this point though I'm pulling for another single player story driven game. Don't care if they go the linear Guardian's of the Galaxy way or the more open Spider-man/ Arkham Knight . Just don't try to make a team game like that where vastly different character interact with the same environment. You end up with Avengers where moving around maps feels clunky cause it has to fit all these different characters.

Anyway
    Dare Devil
    Black Panther
    Xmen
    F4
    Thor

That's what I'm hoping for, in that Order. I think f4 could make a great game aswell but the gameplay would be trickier then using a single character. And there's no way they make a f4 game where you only control Reed. Same with Xmen and Cyclops. A single player Magento game would be fun as hell. Control kinda already have some foundation for how to do Magentos powers. The way she used TK to grab and throw stuff is really fun in that game.

I'm rambling, anyway Dare Devil in the style of Arkham Games could be fun as hell. Smaller map then Spiderman game but make it more detailed cause Matt's got to Parkour up and down these buildings. Arkham model would work for both Dare Devil on Black Panther great I think.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They'd probably have to hard differentiate it from that game, especially with the current stink over it. An Ultimate Alliance 4 would probably be more likely.
    Being a good game would differentiate it from the previous one.

But in all seriousness, I don't think it would be too hard. The Avengers side of Marvel is quite expansive so there's all kinds of things developers can do.

Mark Bernardin has been working on this for about a year. So hopefully it's not too far away.

Kevin Smith seems to think it’s either Ant Man or the Fantastic Four, either of which I would be immensely excited to see get a solid AAA story driven game like Uncharted for. FF probably has more scope though. But they could even include both since Scott has been connected to the FF before.

There's rumors that it will be a World War II Captain America game with Black Panther (presumably an ancestor of T'challa).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There's rumors that it will be a World War II Captain America game with Black Panther (presumably an ancestor of T'challa).
    Wouldn't it be T'Chaka? He was the Black Panther during WWII.