Default SteamWorld Heist 2

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

I love the franchise, have played 3 of the games, but NOT the first Heist. Time to try to squeeze it in before Heist 2?
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Still never played any of these, though I love puzzle platformers and metroidvania. Start at the beginning?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Still never played any of these, though I love puzzle platformers and metroidvania. Start at the beginning?
    The following is based on personal opinion and the 3DS versions (they were often on sale during the last months of support for the platform).

Steamworld Dig is good albeit very basic and short. Steamworld Dig 2 improves on the first a lot, but remains relative short aswell.

Both are worth a look if they are on sale.

Heist is a squad focused turn based tactics game in the spirit of X-com, but as seen in the trailer of the sequel uses a side rather than top down perspective. The gameplay emphasis the player having to manualy aim their characters' guns, in part to make use of some bullets riocheting and grenades bouncing.

It's also comparable short by the genre standard.

One shouldn't expect to be blown away by any of these 3 games' gameplay depth, but they are worth checking out for some simple fun and the general atmosphere.
    Last edited by Grunty; 04-21-2024 at 07:16 PM.