Page 133 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2668
    Astonishing Member

I'm playing Story of Seasons on the 3DS. It seems everyone else has been going for the new Animal Crossing as their laid-back quarantine game of choice. But I already had Story of Seasons and hadn't played it much, so I went with that rather than spend money on a new game.

I also just bought Clubhouse Games. So, I've got some video board games to play. I wonder if I can get anyone to play against me.

Incredible Member

I finally played Horizon Zero Dawn and the DLC Frozen Wilds. Due to what people had told me about the game, I had been holding off on playing it as I didn't think I would get that invested in it. I was proven wrong about this fairly quickly into the game as I absolutely loved it. I thought the story was fantastic and loved how the mystery of what happened to the "Old Ones" unfolded throughout the game. I also loved Aloy as a character and several of the other characters you encounter throughout the game. The game is also stunning to look at and the machine designs were amazing. Based on how the game ends, I really hope we get a sequel to this at some point.

SPIDER-MAN: WEB OF SHADOWS (PC)

Finished an all black suit run save for the part where I save Felicia, and I think the new PC decided to do me a favor by bypassing the "Watch the end credits a second time from start to finish so the game would shut itself down automatically a second time in a row before you start a New Game+ by clicking Continue".

How does it work for you on a console? The game shutting down probably doesn't happen.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Call of duty WW2 and Injustice 2. Both are ok. I'm just bashing buttons.

On the Switch: Shantae and the Seven Sirens. I'm at the "searching the map square by square for collectibles" phase right now. Fun game, but maximizing your percentage is a bit dull. They really need some feature to mark your map for these collectibles.

On Skype: Keeper for a game of Monster of the Week. Only just moved off of the premade mysteries from the Tome of Mysteries and into ripping off Stephen King wholesale.
    Also playing Masks: A New Generation as a player. I've got a Doomed whose the daughter of a predator god and who I only realized when I started playing her that she was way more grim than I wanted to play so now she's also a wanna-be Batman who speaks in a Christian Bale voice. Only one adventure so far but we'll see where it goes.

On the Table: Pulled out Space Base yesterday. Fun engine-building game. One day maybe I'll win it on points instead of the instant win card

Just renewed my PS+ membership after allowing my PS4 to gather dust (literally) for the past year. Jumped back into ESO, which I'd only casually played a few times before, for some reason now I'm hooked. Level 24 High Elf Templar, I've been re-acquainting myself with all the options you have in this game and running a few random delves. I'll begin working on researching traits in the morning after work (with a cold Coors in hand).
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

On the PS4, recently finished Sniper Elite 4 and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (the 2nd of the Nonary Games trilogy).

I have now started Shadow of the Colossus.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

So, while I was waiting for Persona 5 Royal (a game about masked Gen Z-ers protesting against a corrupt society, which has an opening framework of the main character being interviewed by an aggressive government attorney after being tortured by blatantly corrupt police) to update, I decided at random to try out inFamous: Second Son for the first time, and it turns out to be a game about a racial minority (technically 2 different racial minorities, if you count Conduit/Mutants under that umbrella) Gen Z-er protesting against an overly militarized police force and opens with said police force suspending the rights of a group of said racial minority society and publicly torturing them with lethal force before enacting martial law on a major US city.

I'm planning to get a new model Nintendo Switch (not the lite version) as soon as I can find one for something even vaguely resembling a decent price, but can anyone tell me if Breath of the Wild opens up with Ganon waterboarding Link during an outbreak of Poe-rona virus or something? I'd still play it cause that's kinda interesting, but I'd like to not get caught too much off guard.

Actually, now that I think of it, the upcoming (localization of) Ys 9 which is probably going to be a Day 1 purchase for me is supposed to start with Adol getting arrested by the traditionally corrupt/hyper-aggressive Romun Empire for crimes he didn't commit, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I'm planning to get a new model Nintendo Switch (not the lite version) as soon as I can find one for something even vaguely resembling a decent price, but can anyone tell me if Breath of the Wild opens up with Ganon waterboarding Link during an outbreak of Poe-rona virus or something? I'd still play it cause that's kinda interesting, but I'd like to not get caught too much off guard.
    No.

It opens with you waking up in a cave and wandering around until you get bored or, presumably, stumble upon something that tells you what you're actually supposed to do. (I chose "bored," so I have no idea what the actual story is)
    Last edited by Thezmage; 06-10-2020 at 05:28 PM.

GTA Online with friends and Apex Legends. Mirage with his buff has a been a lot of fun, lots of sick plays!

Finished inFamous: Second Son. Overall, it was pretty good. Great gameplay, paired with great music and gorgeous graphics. The story was okay, but felt very jumpy, and I could swear that I must have somehow skipped a cutscene here or there from how the plot seemed to jump to some new points, especially with regards to dealing with Fetch after her boss fights (and outside of maybe the one against He Who Dwells, the boss fights seem to be at least twice as long as they need to be due to them being damage sponges). While I'm glad that they made it so that you can still do the Paper Trail DLC mission even after the website hosting its clues is no longer active, the fact that they didn't give you some way to officially get those clues in the game makes that feel far more stilted than the normal plot, and I think that it either broke on me or I am unable to find where I'm supposed to go next and there are no clues left on my map, so there's that.

Characterwise, its mostly okay, though they really need to have the boss be on screen way more often and Delsin was super punchable for almost the entire game. He basically feels like some committee's idea of what a rebellious twenty-something should act like, and the fact that he used stencil-based graffiti makes him look like he's doing rather tepid street art than trying to stick it to the man. Oooh, you made a crack in the wall look like a cat is peering out of it! That'll show the hyper militarized government force that has official authority to capture and torture people at their leisure and is specifically doing so to two different ethnic minorities that you are a part of that you won't stand for it any more!

I then followed up with inFamous: First Light, which tweaks the Neon Powers and the map in small ways that notably improved them, had much better challenge missions (I don't know why there were no real race challenges in Second Son, at least), and Fetch was a much deeper and likeable protagonist than Delsin, with much more thematically significant graffiti. I do kinda wish that they went into her addiction problems more in the immediate story, rather than relegating it mostly to the flashbacks.

On a similar note, I'm also trying out Concrete Genie, and its like, super charming. I'm really enjoying it thus far.

Alright, beat Concrete Genie and may go back to get the few collectibles remaining. It gets a bit cheesy, but overall I really enjoyed it and the semi-free-form graffiti was surprisingly satisfying to play around with. I would really like to see a sequel to this with the extra Paint Powers (or at least Paint Skating) maybe being introduced earlier and allowing you to expand them a tad, and with better lock on functionality for the more action-y portions of the game.

I also don't remember being able to move like a short Nathan Drake when I was Ash's age, but hey, maybe all teenaged/pre-teen painters also do parkour on the side.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Operation 2, ps4.

Free game i downloaded ages ago. Done some tutorials and for being honest i wasn't impressed by the slow gameplay but once in a match i must admit that it works for me.

Especially space battles. On the ground the whole sluggishness of the gameplay is more of a problem. Though i have told by more experienced players that it's a low ranks thing and that at higher ranks things are more intense.

Give it a try if you are into Gundam. Don't expect too much in terms of visual, it's not horrendous but that's truly not a triple A game.
    Last edited by Starter Set; 06-20-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Playing Mass Effect: Andromeda on my PS4 and Resident Evil 3 on my Xbox One.

Started playing Uncharted 3 Remastered at random, and I'm generally enjoying myself, but is it just me or are the controls a little stiffer than they were in Uncharted 2 Remastered?

Also, I feel like the female characters look less realistic than the male characters do, with Chloe and Elena looking worse than they did in Uncharted 2. And I'm not talking about their proportions, but their skin textures and hair models look like they are very low in detail compared to those of both versions of Nate and Sully, or even Charlie.