Page 120 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2668

I have a lot of games and decide what I want to play on a day-to-day basis. Today it was Spider-Man PS4 with my NG+++, reached the second DLC again.

Playing on ultimate this time and having as tough a time with it as I thought I would. I do enjoy the interaction between Peter and Miles tho.

Animal Crossing New Leaf, DS.

Man, that stuff is more addictive than heroin.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I'm playing Ni no Kuni 2 for the PS4. I cranked it up to expert difficulty since I heard that the otherwise robust battle system was no fun at the base level, and now it's playing like a good Tales game at normal difficulty, and if pretty fun. I still wasn't really able to get too into it because the story just feels a bit too twee, as the British would say, until Goldpaw, where the story and the kingdom building mechanics started to really open up. I still wish that Roland was the main character rather than Evan, though, because Evan's goals are really without any form of nuance and it might have been interesting playing the mentor figure. That being said, while I tend to be more on the "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel" side of the spectrum, I'm surprisingly irked by the fact that the President of not-America is cheerfully helping some completely inexperienced child become an absolute monarch.

Also, is it just me, or is No no Kuni 2 like the equal and opposite of Dragon Quest XI?

Like, they are both famous for utilizing the art style of legendary manga/anime artists and tends to have very silly naming conventions, but where DQXI is the crystallization of DQ's traditional then-based style, NnK2 is continuing Ni no Kuni's tradition of drastically changing is gameplay each iteration (the original DS game being pretty turn-based) to the point of basically being Tales of Studio Ghibli right now. Not to mention that both games have pretty much random limit break systems, in the form of Pep and Awakenings.

Where DQXI's art style is uniformly excellent (though there might be a grace period before it no longer feels like it's in the uncanny valley), its music was largely panned for poor midi quality and a largely unoriginal composition, meanwhile NnK2's art is generally considered to have taken a step backwards (mostly due to replacing what was arguably the most beautiful overworld in JRPG history with a more generic-looking 3D map with chibi characters and blurry textures), but it's soundtrack is pretty high quality orchestral tracks (someone also somewhat derivative of NnK 1).

And so on, and so forth.

I'm also playing Trails of Cold Steel 2 on the Vita in preparation for ToCS 3 coming out in America in October, and it's excellent across the board. I also have Sonic and the Black Knight for the Wii a try, and it's great in absolutely every way, except gameplay. They really should remake the Storybook games without the motion controls at some point, because they easily have the best aesthetics, characters, and stories in the Sonic series, and lots of sequel potential open for exploration. Sonic in Wonderland, Sonic in the Wild West, Sonic in Grimm's Fairy Tales, etc...

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Deeeeeply addicted to FE three houses

Final Fantasy VIII (PS3)

I have no idea why news and memes of the remaster made me decide to play it, I have even less of an idea why I commenced to playing the thing.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Ancestors the humankind odyssey.

Very original, very cool.

While waiting for the next CTR Grand Prix (with Sypro!!) to drop, I'm knee deep back into some No Man's Sky.

The Beyond update is amazing. I love the new base mechanics and menus. Even getting some new planet variations I haven't seen before as well as some new fauna-types and mega fauna.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

World of Warcraft classic

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I played Assassins Creed III remastered. The main game ran fine but when I tried to play Liberation Remastered it was a buggy mess that crashed multiple times on my PS4. I gave up and sent it back to Gamefly after about the 4th crash.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Started Bioshock 1 last night. Will likely take another crack at Dark Souls 3 afterwards.

I just picked up Astral Chain so I'm alternating that with Fire Emblem.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Started playing Gears of War 5 over the weekend. Looks pretty good so far.

All-New Member

I wish so much that somebody would evolve that concept. I get it, they feel it would be too boring to just give us the map. But still, there has to be a new way to do this right?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by gordonm View Post
    I'm enjoying the new Spidey but I'm so, so tried of once again having to go through all of the same-old, same-old open world mechanics liking climbing the to top of certain buildings to reveal map sections.
    I wish so much that somebody would evolve that concept. I get it, they feel it would be too boring to just give us the map. But still, there has to be a new way to do this right?