Page 105 of 179 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2679
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Finished Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (I really liked this game) and am just getting ready to start Red Dead II.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Finished Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (I really liked this game) and am just getting ready to start Red Dead II.
    FYI

After several reports over the past week from players about some of Morgan’s confidants going missing — including major players like Sadie Adler and John Marston — in the game’s second chapter, there are now both workarounds and promises of a solution. Rockstar identified the issue in a support post, explaining what causes these campers to vanish.

“If you completed the mission ‘Polite Society, Valentine Style’ at the start of Chapter 2, but needed to use the Retry Checkpoint feature, then Sadie, Jack, John, and Abigail will only appear in camp when they have missions for you to complete,” reads the support page. “We are aware of the issue and are currently working on a fix to be included in an upcoming Title Update.”

Prison Architect and The Long Dark. (both are dirt cheap on Steam right now)

Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night, via PS4 requiem package.

Never played it before. Enjoying it so far.

Let's see, what have I been up to. I played far too much of Monster Hunter World. I finished all there is to do, but they still drip feed new content every few weeks. The game is great, one of my favorites ever, but the new stuff isn't worth bothering with so I'm done with Monster Hunter until the sequel.

After that I felt like playing something less stressful and picked up Yooka-Laylee. It's been a while since I played an N64 style collectathon, and it was great fun. The game got a lot of mixed reviews, but I loved it.

After that I felt like something rough and played Ys III The Oath of Felghana. That game didn't mess around. It took me an hour to beat the final boss, and I was over-leveled for it. Then it asked if I wanted to play one of the two harder difficulties. Ha ha ha, nope. I'm not that crazy yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night, via PS4 requiem package.

Never played it before. Enjoying it so far.
    Make sure you beat the succubus to gain the gold ring, and reunite with Maria behind Spikes in the chapel to get the silver ring. You need these two items to be able to enter the upside-down castle.
    Equip them in the place where you first meet Maria.

In the upside-down castle, be sure to kill schmoos in the library until one of them drops Crissaigrim.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Finally got around to actually finishing something again yesterday - The Fall Part 2: Unbound. Like its predecessor, a 2D puzzle-platformer where you control ARID, an emergency AI built into a suit of astronaut power armour, whose circumstances force her to push beyond her native programming. Not to spoil much from the first game, but ARID here is swiftly removed from her physical shell and separated from the one man who might be able to help her. In order to reach him, she must hitch a ride inside 3 other robots: a butler, a "companion" (it's nicer than saying sex droid) and a prototype combat mech that's consumed by its own sense of self. Though they are her allies, ARID is forced to break them down to get what she wants, and the most engaging parts of the game are all about exploiting the loopholes in each robot's logic to force it toward situations it can't handle, and then...well, that would be telling. Playing as ARID directly is ultimately more of a chore, with a higher emphasis on combat; the game thoughtfully offers an option to strip back encounters to the bare minimum, and the lock-on aiming works fine, it's just ultimately a lot less cool use of your time, and has little to do with the narrative other than offering the threat of a failure state. Visually, the game's simple 3D models are forever cloaked in moody shadows and high-contrast highlights that both make everything seem classier than the budget likely allowed, and vibe very well with the minimalist soundtrack. The voicework is reliably terrific too, aided by a script that knows how to present thoughtful ideas and how to puncture tension with well-placed humour. Pretty enthusiastic about the planned Part 3.

Also been playing a bunch of Dead Cells, though I'm not even close to finished. Cells is a very slick 2D 'RogueVania' (its term, not mine) that borrows liberally from Dark Souls but moulds those ideas around something which handles more like the earliest Ninja Gaidens, or Shinobi, or another of those ninja-themed platformers that were ten-a-penny during the Mega Drive days. You're a reincarnating goo blob zombie in the dungeons of a castle that's been abandoned to a horde of undead, mutants and things far stranger, all of them dangerous. If you want to make it outside and figure out what the whole deal is, you'll have to fight, and combat is of the tough-but-fair variety. You can't block without a shield and you've very little chance to regain health, so success banks on sussing out the timing of enemy attacks and evading accordingly. This is easy when they're slow-ass undead and only popping up one at a time, but as they get faster and more numerous...yeah, you're gonna die a lot. And to be clear, the whole Souls vibe of "git gud or git lost" has never been my cup of tea. My patience only goes so far. But Dead Cells works for me. The big, clear sprite animation and fluid responsiveness of the main character make it very easy to tell how you screwed up whenever you lose, so you'll have some idea of what not to do next time, but the big winner here is the upgrade system. Between each level, you trade in the 'cells' taken from enemies or treasure chests to steadily unlock new weapons, temporary perks and permanent expansions to your raiment; some of those things require a plain crazy amount of cells to open up, but they give you something to shoot for - something to convince yourself that maybe, just maybe having a slightly bigger potion flask is what you need to push through the next stage. And it also makes it especially heartbreaking when you screw up, die and drop the 30+ cells you were carrying straight into the gutter. Such is life. Such are many, many lives in Dead Cells.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

The past few days I've played

The Punisher / Arcade (1993)
    Extremely fun side scroller beat 'em up. I'll probably try the console version next.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters / Sega Genesis (1994)
    Hard but very exciting when I actually win.

The King of Fighters 2003 / Arcade
    I've nearly rage quit and thrown the controller numerous time. That's what I get for trying to play an Arcade game with an Xbox controller.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentClank View Post
    The King of Fighters 2003 / Arcade
    I've nearly rage quit and thrown the controller numerous time. That's what I get for trying to play an Arcade game with an Xbox controller.
    This is my favorite KoF game.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Just finished the last Assasin's Creed. Now I want to relax and play Skyrim again. And maybe some other games from the Elder Scrolls series after it.

The operational art of war 4.

For Grognards only. Fantastically rich wargame but old school. Like, before school was even invented.

Aside from Dokkan Battle and DanMachi Memoria Freeze (mobile games) I am back to playing Skyrim. Easily the most value out of $25 I ever spent.
    They are, in other words, posed the way their male colleagues are typically posed. They are posed as heroes.
    G. Willow Wilson in regards to this picture.

Finished Xenoblade Chronicles for the 3DS. I'm working on finishing I am Setsuna before starting up Xenoblade Chronicles 2
    Life is but a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
    After many months (and getting sidetracked by some Castlevania games), I finally beat DQ XI.

Dragon Quest XI.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.