Page 179 of 179 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179
Results 2,671 to 2,679 of 2679
    pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

The past week, I have played:

Red Dead Redemption II
    Saviorless
    Tekken 8
    Helldivers 2

It's been 90% RDR2. I first played it a couple years ago, but decided to hold off on it after just a couple sessions. GameInformer's GOAT game bracket motivated me to hop back on RDR2 and finish and I am addicted. Tekken is slightly on the backburner since its recent patch that breaks parts of the game. Helldivers is essentially my "hang out" game whenever friends or family want to play something. Saviorless released yesterday. It's a puzzle platformer I've had wishlisted for 3+ years and yesterday's release was a surprise to me. They only announced the release date a week ago.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Mind MGMT, Promethea

I'm finishing FF VII Remake in Hard mode, I'm at the last chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    It's been 90% RDR2. I first played it a couple years ago, but decided to hold off on it after just a couple sessions. GameInformer's GOAT game bracket motivated me to hop back on RDR2 and finish and I am addicted.
    As a game, I think RDR2 can be off-putting to a lot of players, but I think it might be the best story I've ever experienced in a game. Feels like a prestige television series . . . except less pointlessly "mature".

Kirby and the Forgotten Land.

This game is reeaally relaxing.
    Life is but a dream

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    As a game, I think RDR2 can be off-putting to a lot of players, but I think it might be the best story I've ever experienced in a game. Feels like a prestige television series . . . except less pointlessly "mature".
    There's just a lot to it, mechanically with so many inputs and systems to keep track of. Not a game to play "on the side", imo, which is what I was originally trying to do. As I get deeper into it, I definitely dislike the Wanted system (a couple times it just seems nonsensical and broken) and I wish autoaim on controller was a tad better better, especially on horseback. I'm swapping between controller and kb/m as I play, but horseback is the hardest to transition around to, aim, etc.

I'm definitely eager to continue the story. It's nothing even profound yet (I'm still in Chapter 2), but I'm still drawn into it and aware of its reputation. There is still great dialog and story beats as expected , but I'm anticipating when things really heat up. And I've already have a few analysis videos lined up to watch once I finish the game lol. I loved RDRed1's story, too. It had some of my favorite narrative moments/experiences in video games. I wish I remembered more about Revolver's story, which I'm sure wasn't anything special anyway.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Mind MGMT, Promethea

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    I

I'm definitely eager to continue the story. It's nothing even profound yet (I'm still in Chapter 2), but I'm still drawn into it and aware of its reputation. There is still great dialog and story beats as expected , but I'm anticipating when things really heat up. And I've already have a few analysis videos lined up to watch once I finish the game lol. I loved RDRed1's story, too. It had some of my favorite narrative moments/experiences in video games. I wish I remembered more about Revolver's story, which I'm sure wasn't anything special anyway.
    I don't know that I would call it profound, just a very well-crafted story.

It also benefits from the state of the technology. A lot is conveyed through facial expressions and body language.

Spectacular Member

games Im busy with this year

Metroid Prime 2 for my Gamecube
    Final Fantasy XV Royal edition for my Playstation 4
    Zelda Skyward Sword for my Switch Lite
    Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Volume 1 digitally for my Switch Lite
    Goonies II NES game for my Retro Duo console
    Final Fantasy II Pixel for my Switch Lite. was playing it last year but then got distracted by other stuff. Going to have to replay it from the beginning to refresh my memory
    WWE 2K24 for my Playstation 4

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

At the moment bouncing around between Palworld and Helldivers II

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

playing through cyberpunk finally, after all the patches and the expansion it's a top tier action RPG now

hopefully Cyberpunk: Orion will have more traditional RPG mechanics added to the fun gameplay