Page 23 of 179 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chongjasmine View Post
    I am not currently playing any game.
    Lost my interest for games, and prefer to spend my time reading comics.
    Have you tried some Visual Novels and/or Adventure style games, like The Walking Dead, Fable, or Dangan Ronpa 1 & 2?

Currently I'm on an Atlus kick. I sto- BORROWED my friends NDS and have spent about 20 hours bouncing between SMT: Strange Journey and both SMT: Devil Survivor games and going through Raidou Kuzunoha vs. the Soulless Army on my PS3, which means I've probably gotten 1% of the way through any single one of those games.

Notable impressions:

Strange Journey is now probably my favorite FPS ever, albeit by stretching the definition of "FPS" to its breaking point since its actually a turn based first person dungeon crawling RPG whose main character just happens to have a gun as a standard weapon type.

Switching between Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remake's version of Birth By Sleep, with its fast paced and acrobatic combat combined with its beautiful colors makes Raidou Kuzunoha seem like a sluggish mess whose color palette was dropped in some mud. That being said, I'm still absolutely loving this game due to its 1920's-Japan aesthetics and the fact that I'm playing a detective that can use summoned spirits to help him with his detective work outside of combat. It's also probably the closest thing to a Dresden Files video game I can think of at the moment, and I'd probably love to see it get its own live-action TV series.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Walking Dead season 2 from Telltale. Just got done with chapter 3.

Currently playing Red Dead Revolver on my old ps2 for the first time. From what I've played I've enjoyed it so far.

Just finished Shadow of Mordor.
    The game was damn good, but god that ending blew hard.
    Life is but a dream

Currently playing Ys: Memories of Celceta. It's good, but even though the party AI is good at fending for itself, I'd still rather go back to solo Ys games than the party based ones of late. I hear Ark of Napishtim is getting a Steam release, so there's that for me to look forward too.

Also, Adol Christin speaking weirds me out.

Finally playing FTL after the sale.

Damn, this is a brutally hard game, but so fun to play.
    Life is but a dream

Hey, does anyone know how to unlock and subsequently access A Fragmentary Passage secret ending in Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD: Birth By Sleep: Final Mix? I got Blank Notes on Proud Mode, and now I'm stuck and the internet has been very vague on this front.

[EDIT: Nevermind, I got it. I'm not really sure how, though.]

Also, I gotta say, BBS is probably my favorite Kingdom Hearts so far. Even the Disney story parts are surprisingly strong, and I generally think that they tend to be the weak link in the main KH games (storywise, not gameplaywise) barring Maleficent, Mickey, and, oddly enough, Beauty and the Beast.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 01-14-2015 at 06:22 PM.

Dragon Age:Inquisition

Seriously, I am in love with the story. Extremely interesting and the voice acting is great. Feels good.

Ultimate Member

Dragon Age: Inquistion.

Nice, huge world but too much side nonsense that you pretty much have to do to level up your character.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Currently playing Ys: Memories of Celceta. It's good, but even though the party AI is good at fending for itself, I'd still rather go back to solo Ys games than the party based ones of late. I hear Ark of Napishtim is getting a Steam release, so there's that for me to look forward too.

Also, Adol Christin speaking weirds me out.
    For what its worth, I just grabbed Ys: Oath of Felgana for $6.00 for the PSP/Vita during the current sale (plus my PS+ discount).

Quote Originally Posted by TeenWonder View Post
    Dragon Age:Inquisition

Seriously, I am in love with the story. Extremely interesting and the voice acting is great. Feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Dragon Age: Inquistion.

Nice, huge world but too much side nonsense that you pretty much have to do to level up your character.
    Great game, but yeah there is way too much side mission filler. Also I just finished the ball part and it was one of the longest most drawn out missions I've done so far. Hopefully I'll have some days off soon and I can actually put into furthering the actual plot some more.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Bravely Default, Hohokum, Bioshock Infinite, Tales of Xillia and Batman Arkham City. Of course I'm barely getting a chance to play anything of them as there are a lot but I'm trying my best.

As previously intimated, I'm playing Ys: Oath in Felghanat now. It's a great game, but sometimes the music feels oddly too intense, even for massive boss battles.

Geez, Ys, I'm only fighting a giant naked demoness that's chucking massive disks and blades of energy at me while my only recourse is to launch hails of exploding fireballs while dodging madly after she killed me around 8 times... there's no need to be so dramatic about it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    As previously intimated, I'm playing Ys: Oath in Felghanat now. It's a great game, but sometimes the music feels oddly too intense, even for massive boss battles.

Geez, Ys, I'm only fighting a giant naked demoness that's chucking massive disks and blades of energy at me while my only recourse is to launch hails of exploding fireballs while dodging madly after she killed me around 8 times... there's no need to be so dramatic about it.
    No one ever accused Ys of having bad music, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    No one ever accused Ys of having bad music, that's for sure.
    Or being easy. Yeesh Durlan, let me breathe for a second between rains of swords.

Also, on an unrelated note, after getting to the second fight against a certain sword-wielding antagonist, I'm somewhat tempted to looking into making a webcomic called "Whys," which portrays Adol as a guy who goes around cheerfully slaughtering everything that gets in the way of his being a tourist.

SPOILER: "I would never make anyone else engage in bloodshed!"

Adol: "You know, and I'm just putting this out here, you basically made me have to chop up about a hundred and twenty-six maids to get here, right?"