Page 81 of 180 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2688

About 17 hours into Persona 5.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Overlord, got a free steam key from Codemasters a couple of weeks ago.

Halo wars definitive edition and The Walking Dead: Season 2(games with gold)
    Nick.Kuh, Chinese retro gamer and mortal kombat kollector.

BANNED

Earlier today I was playing batman arkham asylum on Normal difficulty. My first time playing the game on Normal where most of the time Id always play the game on Easy mode.

enemies are tougher on Normal I think just my opinion. Gonna be hard when I go up against Poison Ivy later on. Yeesh

I'm late into my first playthrough of Persona 5 (PS4). Wondering if I'll do another playthrough immediately afterwards with my stats maxed out. I felt like the grind to max out my stats held me back.

I've put everything else on hold. Even though I have also gotten to the tail end of Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.

Fire Emblem Fates on 3DS.

Currently playing DOOM. Almost done I think, just looking for a spot to grind up my last weapon mod.
    It feels kinda weird to be grinding in DOOM, but it feels good to rip and tear.
    I'm afraid I'm just gonna have to leave this game installed forever, because I don't want to redownload the 30Gb update if I want to ever play it again.

Dominions 4.

That damn thing is eating my life lol.

Been making scattered progress at a crapload of things, but finally managed to beat a few.

Resident Evil 7 - It's embarrassing I only finished this today. Don't take that the wrong way though - despite going on-and-off with it, overall I enjoyed the hell out of RE7. Beyond the new perspective it's refreshingly old-school, dumping you in a creepy location with most of the doors locked, and leaving you to fumble around until you start finding the right increasingly-absurd-definitions-of 'keys' to make progress, all the while trying to stay ahead of whatever unpleasantness is stalking the corridors with designs on your neck. You're armed, but never as well as you'd like, so hit-and-run is the best strategy...assuming you can run fast enough. Actually, that's one slight issue I have: Ethan (player character) moves like he's swimming in treacle, and while I certainly don't want the full COD-sprinting ground-rolling RE6 shenanigans back, sometimes his sluggishness weighs too heavily on your reaction time and you take hits you really shouldn't. Minor thing, though. The extended, rotting plantation home of the Baker family is brilliantly made and dripping with atmosphere (well, it's dripping with something, anyway...), with secret places aplenty and a strong, legible base geography that means you'll quickly cease to need the map to get around. The Bakers themselves make formidable opposition, with just the right level of broad humour to shade in their fright factor, and each of the 3 brings a different kind of challenge to the table. And the game does a very good job pacing its central mystery. On the downside, the more basic 'moulded' enemies are few in variety and lack any sense of character, and the latter stages of the game feel weaker, as you're in a less-interesting location and almost always strapped like Rambo. But this is nevertheless the shot in the arm the series needed, and I'll doubtless be back in a month or so for this 'Not A Hero' DLC thing.

NERO: Nothing Ever Remains Obscure - AH KNEW YOU'D COME!...heh. NERO is a walking simulator with occasional puzzle elements, taking you on a metaphorical journey through the stages of grief...in theory. If I'm honest, the level design doesn't seem all that informed by the narrative until the halfway point, where the dreamlike pirate's cove and forest are replaced by a very real-looking derelict hospital, creating a rather jarring visual divide. The game also very quickly drops its 'twin stories' narrative, where there's a true story and a child's fiction both in play, with the latter reflecting the former and the nuttier level elements. Why they stop with it I can't explain since it's, y'know, interesting and helps, but hey, I don't make games. That and some annoying issues with collision detection make it hard to recommend NERO, but if we judge it purely by what it gives you to look at - and with walking simulators I think that's fair - NERO does give you a lot of eye candy for your buck.

What Remains of Edith Finch - Another walker, but a much better one. Edith Finch sends you on hiking back to your old family home, long abandoned, looking to find out the secrets behind the colourful deaths that gave rise to the 'curse' around the Finches. Apart from the expected stuff that makes for a good one of these - pretty visuals, nicely toned soundtracks and a story drip-feed that keeps you hooked - what sets Edith Finch apart is its willingness to screw about with its own gameplay. Yes, you'll certainly be spending a lot of time walking about in first-person following words in the air, but as you go through each individual tale the game will mutate to match the turns of the story. So, for example, you may go from normal wandering to suddenly controlling a cat as it leaps between tree branches, or be forced to use one control stick to guide a knight through a top-down maze while using the other to feed fish into a gutting appliance. Honestly, I don't know if I want to say more, since every detail explained is one less cool surprise for the game to show you. My one and only issue is the price: it was £15.99 off the PSN, and that's a fair bit of change for something you may only play once (and likely won't take more than 3 hours at the very most to beat). But it really is something special.

The Talos Principle - Feel like I came to this one a bit late, but it deserves mention. Talos Principle is a first-person puzzle game where you - as a sentient robot of some kind - must navigate a series of complex and deadly mazes to retrieve mystic objects that look like Tetris blocks, using only a limited selection of variably useful gadgets. Jammers that switch off any mechanical device at range, reflectors to redirect laser beams, simple boxes to be climbed on...there's no shortage of devices and equally no shortage of tricks and 'rules' to grok in pursuit of those floating blocks. My favourite is the recorder, which, well, records you in action for up to 5 minutes, then creates a sort of hologram duplicate to repeat your moves while you work alongside them, essentially playing in co-op with your own past self. Comparisons to Portal are likely inevitable, especially since both have a distant overseer talking over you as you work, but I found Talos Principle more engaging as it relies more on taking your time and planning rather than pin-sharp reflexes. It's also got a lot more to say as you play, with your interactions with both the overseer and a rebellious voice on the other end of a computer screen blossoming into a caustic yet weirdly hopeful exploration of what defines humanity. Other than a strange glitch on my PS4 version that makes your view 'snap' to a specific level when trying to look down after looking up (hard to explain), I can't recommend this highly enough.

Destiny - I haven't completed Destiny. I don't know if it can be completed. But having ignored it for years, I finally threw my weird helmet into the ring and joined up, and have made it through all the story material up to the end of 'The Taken King', though I expect it'll be a while before I get enough legendary junk needed to take on 'Rise of Iron'. Thus far, I'm enjoying it. A lot more than I thought I would. Bungie have plenty of FPS cred, but the way your character handles in Destiny feels a lot smoother and more natural for me than in the early Halos. Not Titanfall sweet but close. There's a decent-size pool of differing enemy types to blast through, most of the guns pack a good punch (though I've sworn off Scout Rifles and Fusion Rifles for being basically useless), and you level up remarkably fast by MMO standards, so there's always the impression of finding something new just around the corner. Levels look fantastic, too, with a real sense of a universe that's been lived in for centuries, unlike Halo and its operating theatre level of antiseptic cleanliness everywhere. If only the story was up to scratch. I don't need to tell you that locking all the game's backstory and lore outside of the game itself was a stupid idea because that's just obvious. What hurts it more is that, for the longest time, Destiny doesn't give you any context for what you're doing. The entire campaign of the vanilla game is just a series of introductions to the various factions. You'll fight the Fallen, then ignore them in favour of the Hive, then ignore them for the Vex, and briefly tangle with the Cabal before deciding that actually the Vex are the #1 threat and you should kill their boss, and the story ends with you destroying what looks like 5 tangles-up Slinkys on Mars. You don't know if it's significant because everything that makes it significant occurred during some dark past time that's brushed over in one conversation hour prior. Mercifully, 'The Taken King' gets it better. The big boss is introduced early, has his threat level clearly explained, and his motivations are rooted in events that happen within the game, not within the frickin' 'grimoire'. Makes for a much more compelling campaign, and a way better boss than the aforementioned Slinkys.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Started up Metal Gear Solid V:The Phantom Pain
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Mk 10 on PC, it's at 19 euros so i thought "why not?"

And well, pretty much what i was expecting. Good stuff.

DONALD DUCK IN MAUI MALLARD (Mega Drive/Genesis)
    Originally Maui Mallard: Cold Shadow, don't know why they changed the name for this port.
    Still fun after all these years.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Alien Isolation, it's available right now with all the dlc for 11 bucks on Steam.

Playerunkown's Battlegrounds

So far i've managed to avoid all the survival/battle royale games but this one stuck out to me for whatever reason. Only played for about an hour so far but I actually managed to get to 1st place in my 3rd game, getting 6 kills with a UMP.

Playing the first Darksiders. Looking forward to part 3.