Page 119 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2668

I've been playing CTR non-stop.

Wife, kids, everyone.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Witcher 3.

After several aborted attempts over the last two years I finally dove into this game. Its good enough to keep me playing, I'm probably at 100 hrs right now, but I don't understand why so many claim it to be one of the best games ever. While fun its repetitive and the story is only so-so. It especially pales compared to similar games like Horizon Zero Dawn. I'm not sure how close to the end I am but its starting to feel tedious due to the repetitiveness - examine bodies, track monster, kill monster, rinse repeat. Gwent is fun even if incredibly easy once you have even a mediocre deck - I beat the High Stakes Gwent quest on my first try without difficulty and without even having completed my deck (I was still missing Geralt and a couple of other hero cards). I don't think I've lost a match since very early in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I feel like open world games story element has to be looked at differently. Personally, I think the looser the framework, the better. It's about how strong the vignettes are (Towerful of Mice or The Bloody Baron). A big deal about Witcher 3 is also the fully fleshed out side content. A lot of games in the last four years have followed suit, so maybe that doesn't stand out as much as it did. Not a lot of "gather X amount of Y and bring it to me" quests.

HZD's umbrella arc is more coherent because the main quest line is essentially going from location to location to hear an exposition dump. (The dialogue options are utterly pointless in HZD too).

I love both games. It's going to come down to personal preference at that point.

Oh, also, you're probably not near the end of the game unless you've passed the first time you thought you were at the end of the game.
    I've also been playing Witcher 3 (PS4) - on and off since around Christmas. Life is always busy and I only seem to get to play video games for more than an hour every now and again, so I haven't made it very far. The side quests have been very interesting and just as much fun as the main quests.

I did get a little bit of time to play games today and chose to play Final Fantasy XIII (Xbox 360). My kids (9 and 7) were playing so well together that I was able to play a game for a couple of hours and didn't want to play something that would freak them out. They're easily frightened by dark imagery, so Witcher 3 was definitely a no go.

Besides Witcher 3 and FF XIII, I've also been playing Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360), God of War (PS4), Batman Arkham Asylum (Xbox 360), and the game I play the most - NBA 2K18 (PS4).

The last game that I beat was God of War III remaster (PS4).

I really like playing video games, but don't often find myself with the amount of time that I really would like to play. That's one reason that I play NBA 2K18 so much, because I can play a complete game in around 40 minutes. That and I truly love basketball.

Between Amid Evil, Ion Fury, Rage 2 and DOOM Eternal, it's been a fun year for FPS games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Oh, also, you're probably not near the end of the game unless you've passed the first time you thought you were at the end of the game.
    The last 20-30 hrs or so I've been trying to wrap up side quests, contracts, and treasure hunts. Pretty much done with everything in Skellige unless a later quest takes me back there. On the main quests I just made it Kaer Mohren. I looked at titles in a walkthrough and it looks like I'm about 75% through the main quests (I just finished Ugly Baby).

But I haven't even touched the expansion stuff so I'm guessing another 30 hrs at least.

I just know that while I do like Witcher 3 I'm eager to be done whereas with Horizon Zero Dawn I wanted to keep going.

A hell lot of Kof 98 and a lil bit of Street Fighters 5.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    But I haven't even touched the expansion stuff so I'm guessing another 30 hrs at least.
    The expansions are 30 hours on their own. You still have a solid chunk of the main game to go too.

Sorry . . . ?

Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

This is going to take a while.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I finished Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, and while it was a very good game, I vehemently disagree with the common insistence that it was a little better than Uncharted: Golden Abyss, which, excessive Vita gimmicks aside (some of which, like the Gyroscopic Aim Assist, are great additions) is a notch or two better in pretty much all the important ways. The pacing is better, the art direction is a bit better, the climbing is better, the shooting is better (thanks, Gyroscopic Aim Assist), the shooting while climbing is better, the collectibles are way better (though the lack of skins for completing then is a bit disappointed pointing), the enemy placement is better, the villains are much better (with better, but still not great, QTE boss fights), Chase has a much better character arc and voice acting than Uncharted 1 Elena (who is barely explored after the prologue), and the story is much better (no zombies, for one, barring a gag scene in Crushing Difficulty). Of course, since one is the first game in the series, and the other is building upon years of improvements in the series, it would be kind of disappointing if that weren't the case.

Fortunately, Uncharted 2 send to be a notable step above both, but considering that I've heard it touted as arguably the best game in the series, I'm not surprised.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I finished Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, and while it was a very good game, I vehemently disagree with the common insistence that it was a little better than Uncharted: Golden Abyss, which, excessive Vita gimmicks aside (some of which, like the Gyroscopic Aim Assist, are great additions) is a notch or two better in pretty much all the important ways. The pacing is better, the art direction is a bit better, the climbing is better, the shooting is better (thanks, Gyroscopic Aim Assist), the shooting while climbing is better, the collectibles are way better (though the lack of skins for completing then is a bit disappointed pointing), the enemy placement is better, the villains are much better (with better, but still not great, QTE boss fights), Chase has a much better character arc and voice acting than Uncharted 1 Elena (who is barely explored after the prologue), and the story is much better (no zombies, for one, barring a gag scene in Crushing Difficulty). Of course, since one is the first game in the series, and the other is building upon years of improvements in the series, it would be kind of disappointing if that weren't the case.

Fortunately, Uncharted 2 send to be a notable step above both, but considering that I've heard it touted as arguably the best game in the series, I'm not surprised.

To be fair Uncharted 1 was a game that was just starting everything out and it wasn't til a good while after PS3's return to dominance did people discover just how good that game was at the time for PS3. One gaming guy who runs a store joked with me that people who didn't buy a PS3 with Uncharted wanted the game so bad. Sony itself was shocked because they didn't realize the game would be in so much demand. That they had to approach Naughty Dog to make more of the game outside the game system it was bundled with.

By part #2 they had really upped their game. The great set pieces , the action , the characters. It really was a fantastic game. I used to love the city level where Drake battles soldiers while the entire city is collapsing around him comically through gun fights etc.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Having never played them, I bought the Uncharted collection a while back for the PS4. I suppose they were good for their time but I got bored and quit early in the 3rd game.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Picked up the Bioshock collection while it was on sale along with Zero Horizon Dawn. Played through Bioshock Infinite first and while it was a fun ride, I wish it was longer. Think I’m gonna do ZHD next.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Picked up the Bioshock collection while it was on sale along with Zero Horizon Dawn. Played through Bioshock Infinite first and while it was a fun ride, I wish it was longer. Think I’m gonna do ZHD next.
    Horizon Zero Dawn is the best game I've played in a long long time. Be warned though, the first hour or two can feel a bit tedious as you start out as a pint size version of the character you'll be most of the game. Its basically a tutorial to explain to you the controls and give you some emotional connection to your adoptive father. You have to get past it and past a ceremony that happens in the first few hours of the game to get to the open world part of the game where the game really shines. What really stands out is the story. As the game progresses you'll find recordings and documents from the past telling you how this world came to be like it is and I found it very compelling. It made me want to keep playing just to keep learning more.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Undefeated. A nice indie project by 3 japanese students. You play as a Superman type hero.I hope this game will be a calling for big gaming companies to do a proper Superman game in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2wwLtUgjDc
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Tekken 7, grinding the last few trophies i was still missing.

Finally got them all. Weirdly enough, the last one was to just win a tournament game, which apparently i never had done till today.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

My first playthrough is male Byleth/Golden Stag.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum