Page 12 of 179 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Got Papo & Yo and Wild Arms 2 from the PSN $0.99 Flash Sale, and I'm contemplating Legend of Dragoon, Twisted Metal Black, both Dino Crisis games, and maybe a Syphon Filter or two. Any recommendations?
    I got a bunch of things that either looked interesting or I'd heard good things about. Have not played any of them yet (with two exceptions). I'd played the Oddworld game before via PS+ and didn't care for it. However I played the Wii U demo for The Cave ages ago and have been waiting for it to go on sale somewhere ever since. Between the Cave and the cheap RPGs, I'd say this makes up for all the lousy recent PSN sales.

Surprised by how little information there is in the store about some of those games. I'm not even sure what genre stuff like Malicious or Dino Crisis are.

BANNED

Now playing The Darkness 2 on PC. Not a bad game.

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    I got a bunch of things that either looked interesting or I'd heard good things about. Have not played any of them yet (with two exceptions). I'd played the Oddworld game before via PS+ and didn't care for it. However I played the Wii U demo for The Cave ages ago and have been waiting for it to go on sale somewhere ever since. Between the Cave and the cheap RPGs, I'd say this makes up for all the lousy recent PSN sales.

Surprised by how little information there is in the store about some of those games. I'm not even sure what genre stuff like Malicious or Dino Crisis are.
    Dino Crisis is Resident Evil with dinosaurs, and Malicious is kinda weird to describe,I couldn't figure out what it was or how to actually play it.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

BANNED

Have been playing the game that is based on the "Wolverine Origins" movie. I have to say..now that terrible movie was actually worthwhile because it produced this game. It is the quintessential Wolverine game. It gets the regeneration correct. If you get shot now you will see holes in your body..and you will see them closing up right in front of your eyes..it's a cool effect, it makes you appreciate his healing factor more to see it in action rather then merely seeing nothing but a health bar slowly refill. The combat is fun, not too complicated..but not super simple either. I'd actually say this is one of the better super hero games starring a Marvel character. Right up there with "Spider-Man 2" which was also based on the movie, and "Hulk: Ultimate Destruction".

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Have been playing the game that is based on the "Wolverine Origins" movie. I have to say..now that terrible movie was actually worthwhile because it produced this game. It is the quintessential Wolverine game. It gets the regeneration correct. If you get shot now you will see holes in your body..and you will see them closing up right in front of your eyes..it's a cool effect, it makes you appreciate his healing factor more to see it in action rather then merely seeing nothing but a health bar slowly refill. The combat is fun, not too complicated..but not super simple either. I'd actually say this is one of the better super hero games starring a Marvel character. Right up there with "Spider-Man 2" which was also based on the movie, and "Hulk: Ultimate Destruction".
    The Wolverine game was so AWESOME.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Dino Crisis is Resident Evil with dinosaurs, and Malicious is kinda weird to describe,I couldn't figure out what it was or how to actually play it.
    Malicious is a running deathmatch between you and the camera, who uses a variety of bosses surrounded by hordes of mooks as their weapons of choice.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Guess I won't bother with Dino Crisis then. Looked up Malicious elsewhere and the reviews haven't been too positive but it looks pretty cool (if dated).

All-New Member

Just started playing Tomb Raider. I never played the older ones. I like it so far! The story is a bit terrifying! So are the QTEs......uuuuggghhh do not like.

BANNED

I tried Game of Thrones Ascent a bit out of boredom today and man, this sure is well done.

Fantastic Member

Finished Wolf Among Us. I couldn’t figure out how to recover lost save files or replay levels without having to replay everything else so I played it with the data for episodes one and two blank. I’m curious how those choices would have affected the trial. The trial was the only time in the game I felt most of my choices mattered. When I see a breakdown of those choices I start to think I might be bipolar.

I’m also a bit disappointed that the game gives you one last choice only to roll the credits without having you act upon it.

Still, its an enjoyable game and I hope we get a second season.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I eventually picked up just Legend of Dragoon, though I haven't done the PS3 trick to get it on my Vita yet. The new Muramasa Rebirth DLC dropped yesterday, and its awesome as expected. The Kunai are freakin' beastly, and I'm almost beating what I think is the final boss of Akanemaru's story despite having gotten to it with practically no healing items at a relatively low level.

Not much to play in my holiday, though i just finished POP the two thrones (a bit too old) and several PSP games...

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. Having serious 80s flashbacks here, and I love it.
    Life is but a dream

All-New Member

I always end up coming back to New Vegas, Skyrim, and Mass Effect.

Destiny Beta starts today! Might drop by later with some extra PS4 codes if anyone's interested.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos