Page 13 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Annual Club Nintendo rewards are out and they’re all game downloads. Rather than pick the game I most wanted (Earthbound or NES Remix), I went with the most expensive one in the hopes that the others will be monthly rewards down the line (or at least get decent sales). Getting Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D was a mistake. The file was enormous and I had to delete a lot of music and demos from my 32GB SD card so I imagine anyone without a large SD card will have to buy a new one to get their “free” game. The game itself doesn’t seem to warrant the gigantic file size and isn’t very visually impressive. What’s worse is the general awkwardness of the controls; I can’t shake the feeling that I’d breeze through this game if this was Mario running through the levels but Donkey Kong’s lumbering movements give the game a fake difficulty.

Also got Game and Wario on my second account but have yet to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    Annual Club Nintendo rewards are out and they’re all game downloads. Rather than pick the game I most wanted (Earthbound or NES Remix), I went with the most expensive one in the hopes that the others will be monthly rewards down the line (or at least get decent sales). Getting Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D was a mistake. The file was enormous and I had to delete a lot of music and demos from my 32GB SD card so I imagine anyone without a large SD card will have to buy a new one to get their “free” game. The game itself doesn’t seem to warrant the gigantic file size and isn’t very visually impressive. What’s worse is the general awkwardness of the controls; I can’t shake the feeling that I’d breeze through this game if this was Mario running through the levels but Donkey Kong’s lumbering movements give the game a fake difficulty.

Also got Game and Wario on my second account but have yet to play it.
    Damn I was thinking about getting Donkey Kong too. At least with Wario if you're in the digital deluxe it gives you credit for that
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Fantastic Member

If you have the space and you like the newer Donkey Kong games then you might as well. I just always find myself annoyed when Nintendo platformers (especially those related to Mario) don’t play as fluidly as Mario. Donkey Kong just seems really slow in comparison. I inch forward a little, check for secrets, inch forward some more, awkwardly jump on enemies, inch forward, check for secrets, backtrack to get a thing I just passed but couldn’t get to, fall to my death after misjudging a jump, and repeat. At least Rayman (2D games) seems to have captured Mario’s pacing though the gameplay is different.

I really wish there had been more options at the high dollar end of things with the Platinum rewards. They had one $30 game each for Wii U and 3DS and then the next price point was a couple $15 Wii U games. If I only had a 3DS then I would have felt doubly compelled to get Donkey Kong.

Yeah I think it'd been nice for platinum people to get one of each or something.

And of course bungie's site dies when the beta is supposed to go live.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Final Fantasy on the PSP, because I'm up to date with all the latest technologies and ting.
    Bring forth the pies!

Ive just finished the story on Watchdogs. Need to 100% it now.

I'm replaying Super Mario Land 2 on my 3DS. I'd forgotten how good that game was, and how short.

I just finished The Wolf Among Us which I loved, like, a lot. A lot a lot. Super excited for the new Walking Dead episode next week. In the meantime, I started playing Remember Me, which is far from perfect but really interesting regardless. I'm also about 60 hours in to a second play through of New Vegas, though I haven't touched that in a little while now.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Beat the new Muramasa Rebirth DLC, now working my way through the bosses of the regular characters so that I can see the hidden ending. The regular one is really good, though, and I hope that this one won't be as depressing as the hidden ending for the last DLC (which also had the most intensely badass and hilarious ending this far in is regular ending.

Destiny beta is pretty sweet. Played the strike mission with a friend last light. It was freaking epic!

Extra PS4 codes:
    TJ8C-HDNH-C4QT
    36LG-2LNA-T6EH
    T6P2-N7NT-3AD5

Comment if you use one so people aren't try to redeem used ones.

It's like 11 gigs so be prepared for a long ass download.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

All-New Member

Doom BFG- PC

All-New Member

Used the last code listed for the Destiny beta. Thanks gears!

Anybody playing Abyss Odyssey? I played the demo and am definitely into picking it up for 360 or ps3 but it would be awesome to have someone to co-op with.

playing through the wonderful 101 again

On my Android tablet:

Elder Sign: Omens (Recently re-installed. I have the base game and the first expansion.)
    Aerena
    Star Realms
    Summoner Wars
    Talisman: Prologue

Can't decide which I want to put money into, Star Realms or Summoner Wars... Or should I get the next expansion for Elder Sign?
    Or perhaps get Mr Jack Pocket..?