Page 130 of 180 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2688

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Heh. I bailed on Bloodbourne after 90 minutes or so because I didn't know what the point of the game was . . . realizing that was probably at least a point of the game.

I was prepared for difficulty. No one mentioned the game tells you squat about why you're even there.
    That's indeed a common thing with those games, explanations are slow to coming. But they do lol.

I have a hard time with Dark Souls 2 though, i did kill that troll or whatever that creature was at the beginning (after a zillion deaths) but after i wandered pretty much everywhere instead of where it was the safest for me to go.

Typical me.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Beat The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. I got everything except a few heart pieces (Screw Octoball). I really enjoyed it, but it was a lot shorter I was expecting. I don't know that I would really want it to be any, though, except to maybe flesh out the rather interesting story concepts, of which we only see the bones of until it is finished.

I got to the final boss on Ys 1 (in the PSP collection), and decided "eff this" after dying 10 times to it just watched the super-short ending cutscene online. I mean, I also looked up how to beat that boss, and I think that I see what I should do, but the battle system, while innovative, is nowhere near fun enough for me to want to spend that much effort fighting against the worst boss in a game full of some of the worst designed bosses in all of video gaming (which is a really weird thing to say about a series that is otherwise known for spectacular boss fights, but only like, 2 of the bosses in this game reached the dizzying heights of "somewhat below average, but not offensively so"). I'm gonna try Ys 2 and see if that's any better.

I would really like to see a remake of both games in the style of Ys Origin, though, to flesh out the story and gameplay to match the rest of the stellar series, and because Ys Origin already remade several of their bosses into actually good fights.

I'm also working on Ys: Ark of Napishtam and really enjoying it, though dash jumping can go die in a fire, and also replaying Ys: Memories of Celceta, which is extremely good despite all the hate it inexplicably gets.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 05-09-2020 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I got to the final boss on Ys 1 (in the PSP collection), and decided "eff this" after dying 10 times to it just watched the super-short ending cutscene online.
    Same. Love the game but that's just way too much of a chore to end that boss. So i watched the end on youtube lol.

Battlefront II has been really fun now, No Man's Sky, and Moving Out.

Super pumped for Super Mega Baseball 3 next week.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Just played Outlaw Tennis

Resident Evil 2, great stuff.

Isn't that so typical of today's games though? Couldn't help but smile to see how babysitted you are compared to the original version of the game.

Apex Legends. Still one of the best MP games out there. Been an Octane main for a while now and hyped for the new season!
    Last edited by Séb; 05-09-2020 at 05:01 PM.

All-New Member

Alien: Isolation PC

Playing AC Syndicate now. A lot more fun, if a bit of a slight visual downgrade, than Unity.

Curiously though we're kind of back to more cartoony, less dimensional Templars. The games set in the eighteen century (III, Rogue, Unity) sort of portrayed them in a somewhat more sympathetic light, even with Abstergo being manipulated a bit by Juno and the Sages.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

Persona 5 Royal

I borrowed the first game and played it with a schedule guide since I rarely replay games and wanted to cover as much of it as possible. I ended up loving it and decided to get this updated version and play it without any schedule guide just to see what kind of experience that is. It's kinda stress-inducing but in an exciting video game way.

I'm at the start of August with only two confidants finished but several close to finishing or midway through. Charm and Proficency are maxed out. Have not charmed best girl Makoto yet, but I will.

Destruction Derby Arenas for the PS2

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Playing a mix of 3-4 games. Persona 5 , Final Fantasy VII Remake and now Lego Ninjago : The Movie (its free to own as WB gave it to people and can be downloaded til May 21st). Anyhow I'm trying to complete 2 big RPGs and a Lego game lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Super Mega Baseball 3 and Control.

Franchise mode is amazing in SMB3 with the right blend of comedy (I had a sign-stealing improvement that came up . It featured a replay room, broom, and a large trashcan ) and simulation.

Control is a nice blend of what I liked about Alan Wake with some super hero / supernatural elements blended in with a great story.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The Last of Us (Remastered).

A refresher before the sequel releases (no, I haven't looked up the spoilers, nor do I want to see them).

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Played through the Life is Strange series. Had played the first game, but managed to get the sequel and prequel on sale. They're alright enough to play, but naturally its the story that'll make or break them for you.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.