Page 137 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2682

Some hours into Nier Automata and damn, that has been a seriously good experience so far.

45 minutes before the first save though, and a boss fight before reaching it for good measure lol. That's a curious design choice, expecially for a game in which places to save and shortcuts seem so common once you finish the prologue.

Finishing Shadow Of War. It's a hilariously long way down from The Last Of Us Part II to more standard videogame storytelling, but the mechanics in this are pretty improved from the first Shadow game.

Also got Carrion on Switch for playing on the toilet, which is great fun but I suspect will be quite short lived.

That new Gundam game with a ridiculous name, PS4. (maxi boost something)

Damn that's fun. To play with the Heavyarms Custom from Endless Waltz is extremely satisfying.

Still playing Marvel Strike Force. Still. What the bloody hell is wrong with me??????
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

DBZ Kakarot... never noticed this before when I watched as a kid. Is Mr Popo a racists Black face character? He's dressed like a Genie but other then that he fits like Sambo black face depictions pretty well.

Finished Nier Automata.

That was nice, not as nice as i was hoping but a decent game. I don't know, feels like i lot more could have been done with such an intriguing world.

In a sequel i guess lol.

But anyway, still playing that Gundam game. That stuff is addictive as crack.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    DBZ Kakarot... never noticed this before when I watched as a kid. Is Mr Popo a racists Black face character? He's dressed like a Genie but other then that he fits like Sambo black face depictions pretty well.
    I'm pretty sure that he's based on mythical descriptions of genies/djinn having pitch black skin, especially since he doesn't particularly resemble how Toriyama draws black people all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I'm pretty sure that he's based on mythical descriptions of genies/djinn having pitch black skin, especially since he doesn't particularly resemble how Toriyama draws black people all that much.
    Ok the lips that accompany that skin is where it starts to look bad. But yea ill go with your explanation, makes sense.

I'm on Horizon Zero Dawn now, which is some sort of fusion of Breathe Of The Wild, God Of War, Witcher III, Monster Hunter and Tomb Raider. I guess every fresh idea in the AAA space just gets immediately adopted by all the others, which always risks making them feel too homogenous. Anyway, this is extremely slick and the actual hunting mechanism of using special damage types to target components on the robot monsters' bodies is pretty satisfying.

I'm a few hours in so naturally my ammo and resource stacks are all full, which of course engenders more anxiety about freeing up inventory slots to be able to pick up and use everything I find that it ever will that I might run out of a critical resource on the hunt. Also, in true open world game fashion, the map is already a mess of icons than I am obligated to track down - tracking down items on a map will never feel good again after everything Breathe Of The Wild did to encourage environmental-based searching.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Final Fantasy 7 Remake for the PS4 (mostly remote played in my Vita since I was out of state - though following proper safety guidelines - this weekend).

I'm really enjoying it so far, though I wish that the controls were a little tighter, that you could use summons outside of boss fights, and that the AI controlled partners weren't so dumb. Like, maybe give it some Tales-series style AI settings so that I don't have to micromanage them so much. Oh, and Sector 7 and 5 feel a bit... off, from how I remember them in the original game (though admittedly it has been over a decade since I last played it). I don't remember them looking wow so much junkyards that shantytowns sprung up in.

Just played "Wreckless: The Yakuza missions" recently

PES 2019, have it on my PS4 since it first released and i come back to it sometimes.

That's a pretty solid football game in terms of gameplay.

Downloading Captain Tsubasa on ps4 right now, can't play till friday though.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Been playing Ghost of Tsushima for a week or so now. Love it.

Xenoverse 2 (again). New update dropped and it drastically changed quite a few things. Some were heavily nerfed, others were upgraded. New moves and super souls were dropped, along with a new level of QQBangs, and Chronoa, after finishing 2 rounds of a special tournament (need to finish all of storymode to unlock) is finally playable.