Page 148 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2668
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I heard about the remapping thing, but for some reason the option to even try out the harp game didn't even come up the next day I tried (I am hoping that it was them temporarily taking it down to fix the issues. Regarding the Fall Guys thing, I really dislike the One Way Path game (possibly because I'm either getting old or just sleep deprived so my memory isn't excellent), and wish that the floor dropping game didn't immediately end after the first time you fall (unlike the aforementioned One Way Path) because sometimes I am enjoying myself with it and it drops. That said, the game's movement controls seem a bit floaty for how precise it seems to want you to be for some of the mini-games (aka, the Gravity Rush 2 dilemma), and the camera is a bit too zoomed in for my comfort for the Falling Crowns and Barrage Minuet mini-games.

My main problems with the archery are the pillar in the center of the shooting stand and the way that the balloon patterns keeps shifting around all around an almost fully 360 degree field. Also, for some reason the enemies in that area still spawn, so you sometimes get hit by one water attack while unable to move during the countdown to the start (though I don't think they attack after the countdown ends), even though a previous update's Dragonspine brazier challenges knew to clear out the pre-existing enemy camps in those locations until after the challenge had been cleared. That said, Amber's double arrows arguably make her (and maybe Ganyu?) the best archer for that section, so long as you are extra careful around the broken heart balloons, so that's kinda neat.

I am surprised about how in depth the dating sim stuff was, though I've only had time to get a few endings with Noelle (seeing as how she is one of my permanent party members and had no previous actual story presence), and will probably try Bennett next, followed by Chongyun.
    They've apparently fixed the remapping issue, so hopefully any other issue will be fixed soon as well. I just find all the mini-games rather underwhelming, gonna play them in co-op later today so we'll see if that livens up the whole thing. At least they're easy enough to complete for some neat prizes.

I tend to make sure that the enemies are all dealt with before trying out a challenge in any area. Just in case they don't disappear for the challenge. I do agree that the build of the shooting stand in general is more annoying than anything. Haven't tried out with Amber yet since I don't use her very often, but I can give it a go with her.

I've gotten all of Noelle's endings and one for Chongyun. Saving the rest for after the event with things to do a dried up again.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    They've apparently fixed the remapping issue, so hopefully any other issue will be fixed soon as well. I just find all the mini-games rather underwhelming, gonna play them in co-op later today so we'll see if that livens up the whole thing.
    Oh, that reminds me that I need to try and finish that damn Trials of Tianqu quest so that multiplayer is available to me. That screwed up my ability to play the Cryo Regisvine challenge in Dragonspine. And now I'm remembering that I need to fight that damn challenge in Dragonspine so that I can finish that up as well. I effin' hate challenges with tons of Cryo enemies; MiHoYo needs to add in some equipment or mechanics that lets you actually block being frozen...

Extraordinary Member

Oh, that reminds me that I need to try and finish that damn Trials of Tianqu quest so that multiplayer is available to me. That screwed up my ability to play the Cryo Regisvine challenge in Dragonspine. And now I'm remembering that I need to fight that damn challenge in Dragonspine so that I can finish that up as well. I effin' hate challenges with tons of Cryo enemies; MiHoYo needs to add in some equipment or mechanics that lets you actually block being frozen...
    Ooh, I remember that quest. It was kinda annoying, which part is it that's giving you trouble. My tip for the room where you have to climb up against a timer is to use the Geo abilities of the MC, they help a lot.

And as far as I know the Cryo Regisvine challenge was part of the initial Dragonspine event, which is over now so that challenge is gone.

I need to stop with this game honestly. It's eating away time from a ton of other honestly better games I've gotten recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Ooh, I remember that quest. It was kinda annoying, which part is it that's giving you trouble. My tip for the room where you have to climb up against a timer is to use the Geo abilities of the MC, they help a lot.

And as far as I know the Cryo Regisvine challenge was part of the initial Dragonspine event, which is over now so that challenge is gone.

I need to stop with this game honestly. It's eating away time from a ton of other honestly better games I've gotten recently.
    It's the final combat challenge room, which is full of ice and water enemies and on a strict time limit. I am unfortunately on a high enough Adventure Level that everything's HP is sky high, so I usually end up getting frozen solid a couple of times and using up all my Elemental Bursts then still having an Abyss Mage or something still alive by the time the timer runs out. Because it locked out the ability to even access multiplayer while the quest is still active, I was simply permanently locked out of rechallenging the Cryo Regisvine in Dragonspine altogether for the entirety of the event, which sucks since that kept me from being able to max out the unique sword from that event.

Ditto on that last part. Tonight I'm probably just going to finish the daily missions in order to get some primogems, and maybe finish up the newest song that was unlocked for the rhythm game (which is working for me now; I think the last issue I had with it was because I thought that you had to activate it by talking to Lizzie rather than that being the only challenge that you can activate at any time from the menu), and then go back to Ys 8 for the rest of the night. I did manage to get Mona in a recent Wish, though, which is neat since her normal Elemental Skill pairs extremely well with my Elemental Reaction DPS Build Lisa (though I usually swap out Mona for Diluc against Cryo or Hydro enemies.

Extraordinary Member

It's the final combat challenge room, which is full of ice and water enemies and on a strict time limit. I am unfortunately on a high enough Adventure Level that everything's HP is sky high, so I usually end up getting frozen solid a couple of times and using up all my Elemental Bursts then still having an Abyss Mage or something still alive by the time the timer runs out. Because it locked out the ability to even access multiplayer while the quest is still active, I was simply permanently locked out of rechallenging the Cryo Regisvine in Dragonspine altogether for the entirety of the event, which sucks since that kept me from being able to max out the unique sword from that event.

Ditto on that last part. Tonight I'm probably just going to finish the daily missions in order to get some primogems, and maybe finish up the newest song that was unlocked for the rhythm game (which is working for me now; I think the last issue I had with it was because I thought that you had to activate it by talking to Lizzie rather than that being the only challenge that you can activate at any time from the menu), and then go back to Ys 8 for the rest of the night. I did manage to get Mona in a recent Wish, though, which is neat since her normal Elemental Skill pairs extremely well with my Elemental Reaction DPS Build Lisa (though I usually swap out Mona for Diluc against Cryo or Hydro enemies.
    Isch, that sounds rough. I remember having to level up quite a bit for that, and then trying to force all the non abyss mage opponents into a corner to take them out. And of course it's a hydro abyss mage IIRC, and those are generally a pain to deal with.

I got a Mona and leveled her up for a fun hangout with some friends. So she's now level 80 and ascended, has several good 5-star artefacts that are at level 12 to 20 and I just luckily pulled a 5-star book (Skyward Atlas) that I leveled up to 80 (not ascended). So she packs a solid punch on her own and together with a the right team (typically Diluc and/or Fischl) she's downright devastating. But I've put the game aside for now and will focus on other things.

YS IX: Mostrums
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

fallout 4, finally a railroad playthrough

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Oh yeah! Really been enjoying this one. Already at the jail for Japanese Tony Stark
    After putting it off due to playing Genshin Impact I'm now making some headway in this game.

I have defeated the first jail and set off on the road trip. I'm really enjoying the two new characters, Zenkichi's introduction to the coginitive world is one of the funniest scenes I've seen in a video game in a long time.

Stardew Valley with multiplayer, still Super Mega Baseball 3, and finishing Control.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Some total war saga troy.

I'm always impressed by those games on the technical level. They can be quite good looking of course if you push all the graphical options to the max but somehow you can also make those games run on the most revolting of potatoes lol.

I have like a decade old PC, more useful as a retro decoration than for playing game but know what? It runs fine with everything on medium. Yeah, not even on the lowest settings. (i did remove shadows of course though)

Good job CA. Anyway, i tried this one mostly cause i was bored and, well, it's a good surprise. All factions are kinda the same save for the main hero but they nailed the visual and the ambiance.

They watched way too much that silly Troy movie though and boy, it shows. Who knew that movie had fans?

Oddworld: Soulstorm
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Finally beat that damn final challenge in Genshin Impact's Trials of Tianqu by, as far as I can tell, sheer random chance and swearing, then I grinded the new Oceanid Challenge (Elemental Mastery Build Lisa is absolutely broken in this quest, especially paired with Noelle and another Electro and Geo character each in order to get those respective Elemental Resonances).
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 04-12-2021 at 05:58 AM.

Playing total war troy made me realize something. I would beat up a Mycenaean hobo with the funky helmet of an Assyrian king for a Total War : Bronze Age.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (PC):

How do I have it this many years after digital removal? That way.
    It's not a bad game, has some nice qualities to it. My negatives are:

1. Graphics do look very outdated and lesser than its predecessor.
    2. First stage is just Peter walking, and that is annoying.
    3. Manhattan is reduced in size, and chunks of it north of Central Park are removes, so no Harlem.
    4. Combat is clumsy and boring in one-vs-one confrontations, and its simply ok when you fight a group.
    5. Spider-Man is a jerk who steals stolen goods to make his weapons and extra costumes.
    6. I like the amount of extra costumes and perks they come with, but the amount of grinding needed to fully upgrade each suit is dull.
    7. That useless order of topics to discuss in conversations.
    8. Interruption before and after each street mission are obviously lame.
    9. Hero/Menace system and Task Force. Web of Shadows handled the menace side of their bar much better by making it increase if you break stuff instead of ignore stuff.
    10. Black Cat stand far in front of you, but heal yourself and she suddenly comes from your side striking like a stream of light.
    11. Music is lackluster. I don't really think fondly of the score of the previous game save for two tracks, but this one is even more stock sounds.
    12. When you start a New Game none of the comics and suits transfer to the new save file like with its predecessor, you have to collect all that stuff all over again, which is a lame downgrade.

Clearly not one of the better Spider-Man games, but for some of the problems I can at least excuse Beenox for suffering major budget cuts by Activision to fund more resources for their Destiny disappointment. As I am not one who looks at video game stories expecting quality storytelling, I don't complain against the odd choices they made and the offscreen developments.
    Last edited by Speed Force League Unlimited; 04-26-2021 at 09:33 PM.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage