Page 18 of 180 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Playing Persona 3 Portable. Never played a Persona game before and so far I'm quite enjoying it. The story is a bit mental and the characters are fairly quirky, which I'm a fan of in my games, and the pacing is great, especially at the start as it eases you into it all. I'm looking forward to seeing where it all ends up.

Also got The Long Dark sandbox alpha to go at but I'm working all week so it'll have to wait a bit. I'm hearing good things though.
    Bring forth the pies!

Picked up Shantae on the virtual console. Can't believe this was a GBColor game. I was never able to find a cartridge as a kid. Remember when finding games was hard? Damn, I'm old.

I rented FIFA 15, because I'm usually terrible at soccer games not called FIFA 14. I won my first match against some club called Toulouse 16-0, so I think I'm ok to buy it.

Is madden 15 worth getting ? Or is it like all the other years ?

BANNED

Just got done playing XCOM: Enemy Unknown, it was the most bug riddled play through of a game I think I've ever played. Almost every mission had aliens on the map teleporting into places they shouldn't be. That game is pretty average, which is a shame, because it could have been pretty great. Whole endgame was even less interesting this go around than the first time I beat the game; and for some reason I got almost no alternative mission types, only had one bomb disposal mission the whole time.

I'm really not sure why that game got so much love when it came out, other than reviewers felt like they needed to be kinder to this thing they couldn't believe was coming out.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisbeast78 View Post
    Is madden 15 worth getting ? Or is it like all the other years ?
    I've never played a Madden game but ... why wouldn't you expect a game in a series to be pretty much the same as other games in a series?

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    I've never played a Madden game but ... why wouldn't you expect a game in a series to be pretty much the same as other games in a series?
    They can do a lot to change the feel of a game from one year to another. They can also add or remove features, which a yearly player can notice. I haven't played a Madden in years so I can't answer the above poster.

20+ hours into Tales of Eternia (PSP version). I'm almost at the final part of the game.

I've been into fighting games a lot, lately, especially old school 'retro' stuff. Currently playing Mortal Kombat 1, King of Fighters 94, Hyper Street Fighter Anniversary Edition (basically Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo), and SVC Chaos Super Plus (Violent Ken FTW). The 'newest' fighter I'm playing is Tekken 6, which I just discovered. GREAT game, I love that Law can be made, through customization, to look exactly like Bruce Lee, yellow jumpsuit and all.

EDIT: Forgot to mention World Heroes Perfect, a goofy old school fighting game that I always held a soft spot for.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Fantastic Member

Replaying Zelda II. It was my introduction to the series as a kid. At the time I thought it was really hard because I didn’t understand how RPGs worked*. Now I appreciate the game mechanics and STILL think its really hard. How did eight-year-old me survive multiple bosses without grinding? 32-year-old me can’t even get past the knight in front of the first boss…though apparently grabbing the candle and retuning later is a valid tactic.

*I used to be annoyed by those guys that run at you in the first castle because there were so many of them and they slow me down. Now I just hate that they don’t give any XP.

Currently playing Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. The first three hours were incredibly awesome (I'M A TREASURE HUNTING PIRATE), but it does start to drag after a while (I'm an icon-hunting minimap scouring Assassin who kills people by pressing the X button every now and again, like usual)

Quote Originally Posted by ThrustingPens View Post
    Currently playing Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. The first three hours were incredibly awesome (I'M A TREASURE HUNTING PIRATE), but it does start to drag after a while (I'm an icon-hunting minimap scouring Assassin who kills people by pressing the X button every now and again, like usual)
    LOL I feel you. That's how the AC series goes, unfortunately. I haven't played Black Flag yet, but they're all definitely like that after a while (I'm a huge fan of the games, but they do drag out like that).

I've been playing Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS non-stop
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Dangan Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair. Great game, but so far me and Despair are still getting to know each other.

Well, I beat Kid Icarus. The original one. It was pretty good. For an NES game. A cheating bastard NES game.
    Actually, the first level was the hardest. I didn't get the best ending though.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
    Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.

Gettin' my fight on!