Page 31 of 180 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Batman Arkham City
    Funtastic game, easily my favorite in the series.
    I love the stun beat down, it's an excellent tactic to raise the score in combat challenges, tedious, but I can endure.
    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Every year I replay the whole series before the new game launches. Have to start earlier and earlier every time haha.
    Assassin's Geek.

I dropped the series after Revelations, thought I don't need more games after that.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I'm back on the Dragon Age kick again after another lengthy stint on Diablo III.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Diablo 3 Hardcore almost every day (since release). And The Witcher 3.

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Legendary Difficulty.

ShippersDreamer

I'm currently playing through Hitman: Absolution.

Quote Originally Posted by The Watchdog View Post
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Legendary Difficulty.
    I wish they'd make a new one.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

City XL 2011, on the way to make a big, very big metropolis. Already 500.000 population

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    I wish they'd make a new one.
    I know! These games are pretty awesome!
    "With great power comes great responsibility."

Done with Arkham City.
    Whoa, Top of the World predator room is a nightmare, it's the most difficult thing in the game.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Currently playing Freedom Wars. It's a pretty good game, very Monster Huntery, but with the option to pull out a maching gun or grenade launcher if the giant robots won't cooperate with your 'smack them in the shins with a hammer' strategy. Which I appreciate. It's pretty, it has a decent story, fun setting, memorable characters.

But I've currently hit the learning curve wall where I either have to learn the weapon modifying system or I won't have enough firepower to continue the game. So I learned the weapon modifying system. And it blows. It's just too random. Random what weapons drop from enemies, random what their state are, random what their special skills are, random how many special skills they can hold, random what skills get inherited when you combine weapons. Weapons are literally the most important part of this kind of game, and making them a slave to the RNG is bad decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Assassin's Geek.

I dropped the series after Revelations, thought I don't need more games after that.
    Lol I know. I'm captivated by how the franchise intertwines with history.

Assassin's Creed 2
    MASSIVE improvement.
    Always a joy to play this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Lol I know. I'm captivated by how the franchise intertwines with history.
    Agreed, it's one of the coolest bits, that increases the value of the video games story to me.
    I'm not one who highly values stories in video games, Metal Gear and Assassin's Creed make me care.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Still playing Witcher 3, the story is immersive and the lore that is in game is the most comprehensive I have ever seen.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Currently playing Freedom Wars. It's a pretty good game, very Monster Huntery, but with the option to pull out a maching gun or grenade launcher if the giant robots won't cooperate with your 'smack them in the shins with a hammer' strategy. Which I appreciate. It's pretty, it has a decent story, fun setting, memorable characters.

But I've currently hit the learning curve wall where I either have to learn the weapon modifying system or I won't have enough firepower to continue the game. So I learned the weapon modifying system. And it blows. It's just too random. Random what weapons drop from enemies, random what their state are, random what their special skills are, random how many special skills they can hold, random what skills get inherited when you combine weapons. Weapons are literally the most important part of this kind of game, and making them a slave to the RNG is bad decision.
    Honestly, I could have done without the rusty looking Sephiroth clone villain and his legendary Abductor that was a very slightly palette-swapped version of one of the most generic model Abductors in the game. His plan was kind of boring compared to exploring 1984/Attack on Titan-ish setting.

And while I think that the drops aren't *too* random (after the first time completing a mission you get a list of what's likely to drop, and the amount depends mostly on how highly you rank and how many parts you cut off before killing an Abductor) everything else you said is on the nose, plus you have to wait X number of real-time minutes to finish crafting weapons/items for some odd reason.

Just finishing up Assassin's Creed 4 and Freedom Cry. Definitely the best of series that I've played so far.

With Arkham Knight coming up soon, I'm gonna go full throttle through the 3 previous games now to prepare myself.
    Life is but a dream