Page 36 of 180 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Monster Hunter IV Ultimate.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I just found out that my local library lends out video games and am on a bit of a spree. I couldn't really get into Dynast Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends, but I am really enjoying the PS3 version of Guilty Gear Xrd and managed to complete the arcade mode for all the base characters in one night. I'm looking forward to watching the Story Mode whole I do my ironing this week, like I did with Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.

I also completed Skullgirls 2nd Encore on the PS3 and was very pleasantly surprised to find that it's a lot deeper in terms of mechanics and story than its panty fighter veneer suggests. Not as polished as some of the more established fighting series, but considering that it is not made by a major studio I am extreme impressed.

I'm still playing the Mass Effect Trilogy. I've gone back to play Mass Effect 2 so I can complete a few missions I missed last time and work them into Mass Effect 3. But I have a question for anyone who has the experience to answer. Would someone who enjoys Mass Effect enjoy Dragon Age 3 just as much?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I just play Punch-Out (Wi-U) and it was a pleasure. I had not played for years and it was a real pleasure to find Little Mac in epic battles for the time and which was especially has a simple gameplay, intuitive at times, and especially effective. Little Mac is available only boxer in the game, but this time we did not need 250 characters to have fun, especially the opposing protagonists themselves are original enough to surprise us and make us a very good. At times we actually believes in Rocky, whether by the approach to the fighting, but also the music of the game that we are made to think clearly. Our character is brave dynamic, brave, but that does not mean we should not rush into the crowd, this is strictly nothing, especially that according to the characters, they can stop our favorites quickly. One might think that it is simple, but in fact many times, if we are not careful, it can get slaughtered quickly, especially need to pay attention to the low point of our opponent that varies the character. Hearts can also lose by being counter his opponent and if n is not careful, we are left defenseless quickly. The gameplay is based mainly on the attack against and dodging and I must say that quite quickly jubilant when our strategy is working. This is a game that is fast enough, especially as there is only one mode, but hey we can do it again many times without being bored. It is a game simple boxing, but especially effective and manages to entertain us with not much, that many games do not necessarily make now. Graphically it is quite simple, there's also never more than three characters on screen, the third being the referee who brought down the ... besides for the anecdote is Mario ^^ . This is a small game but is really fun and I recommend if you want to have a good time without boring you.
    "my feminism will be intersectional, or will it be bullshit." Kelly Sue Deconnick
    "All this magic stuff needs new terminology because it's not what people are being told it is at all." Grant Morrison

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

007 Legends
    "With great power comes great responsibility."

Got Tokyo Twilight Ghost Huntwr on the grounds that I couldn't figure out what kind of game it was. Turned out it's a Strategy RPG with Visual Novel elements. I'm on chapter 3 already and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

Pros:

Excellent art direction so far, and possibly the best use of oscillating characters I've seen, including Vanillaware.

Interesting character growth and training mechanisms.

I'm liking the ability to booby trap the battlefield before the fight.

Negs:

Characters are on the generic side, though I haven't seen them all yet. I just got a husky rocker that looks a lot older than he is, so it might be more original than In giving it credit for.

The enemies move after you choose a path for your characters and before your characters take that path, so you kinda have to guess where they're going to go to land a hit, especially since their invisible most of the time; at least most attacks hit multiple squares at once, though...

If you hit squares with breakable furnishings and there isn't a ghost anywhere within your attack's AOE, the furnishing breaks for most wrappings and the price is deducted from your post-battle winnings.

The battle takes place on a building layout/blueprint rather than an actual map; That would have been a great idea of that was confined to just the planning phase, but the actual battle takes place on that screen as well, with cut inns to the actual terrain when you engage an enemy.

And the biggest problem is that it explains next to nothing. I had to hunt down a walkthrough because I couldn't figure out the conversation system, which is a wheel of 5 unlabled symbols that lead to another wheel of another 5 unlabeled symbols and I found out that I had been angrily kissing/licking everyone, which explained quite a few of the in-game reactions I was getting.

Invisible inc and Cosmonautica.

Cool stuff so far.

Hopefully getting back to and finishing Either One, but mostly just messing around with Payday 2, which as become my go to "I just want to play something I'm familiar with" game. Looking to get through some shorter games then to (Contradiction, Sunset, Contrast, A Story About My Uncle, Neverending Nightmares, Shovel Knight) and maybe start either Way of the Samurai 4 or Valkyrie Chronicles.

Destiny (PS4)

Finally getting to the home stretch of Witcher 3. Finished all the contracts (well, besides one of the DLC ones that is bugged) last night and think I'm gonna tackle starting the ending tonight/ tomorrow depending on how long it is.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Where can i buy a phone? Mr.Alucard's Avatar

Default deadheart52

-ESO
    -Bloodborn
    -Destiny
    -Final Fantasy 1, 2,WOL, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, Type0

All on PS

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

WWE 2K14 and Batman Arkham Asylum.

I know they're old games but I won't be playing any new games until at least Christmas and that's IF my wife can afford to get me a PS4 for Christmas LOL.

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

Marvel Lego Superheroes (PS3)
    "With great power comes great responsibility."

Just finished story mode and a few Arcade Ladders in Mortal Kombat for the Vita. It's a fun game, and since I don't care for the series' art direction, it doesn't bother me that if the refrigerators and strippers (and stripper refrigerators in Goro/Kintaro/Shao Khan/Kratos' case) get a drop in resolution when the Kombat starts. I mean, what in Earthrealm is Sonya actually wearing? Heck, the fact that Johnny Cage looks kinda-like Chevy Chase is awesome.

Liu Kang's, Raiden's, and Shao Khan's terrible battlecries are by far a greater distraction.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 08-11-2015 at 07:43 PM.

I started playing Saints Row IV and I don't think I've laughed so hard from a video game in my life.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender