Page 39 of 180 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

MGS5: The Phantom Pain, constantly.

BANNED

Been playing The Phantom Pain since it came out too. This game plays so good; it's a stealth game, but the big fire fights are better than those found in games where that's the focus. The sniper battles are some of the most fun I've ever had with a shooter. If developers are doing standard third person cover shooters, this game should be the thing they're ripping off, because it blows the combat of Gears of War, the modern GTA games, and those crappy Mass Effects out the water. This is one of the few games I've given much of a **** about these past five years.

It's also got some of the best companions of any game.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

To anyone who's interested, Valkyria Chronicles II and (edit: Soul Reaver: Legacy of Kain) are, in fact, playable on the Vita. You just have to download them to your PS3 first and then copy them onto your PSV. They are also pretty heavily discounted at the moment.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 09-12-2015 at 03:47 AM.

I'm playing Valkyrie Chronicles II on the PSTV. The graphics are rough but still playable. Also playing MGSV and Grandia II. And I play CoD Exozombies, AC Unity, Destiny, Minecraft, and Dying Light when my friends want to.

I just beat the extremely short Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day for the PS3, which is less a game and more an experiment in how much LSD you can give a game design team before they spontaneously combust. The series of 4 completely unrelated short films that comes with the game, titled "The Shortest Peace", are all excellent and worth the price of admission.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 09-12-2015 at 09:27 PM.

Got back on Destiny just before The Taken King xpac. Still a fun game but not too keen on xpac as a whole in most MMO's as it is really just a hamster wheel effect. But hopefully it's good and expansive and finally brings some semblance of story to the game lol.

Working on Phantom Pain right now one XBO and really loving it. I just got the Metal Gear HD collection on my PSVita so now I can play MG on the go which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I just beat the extremely short Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day for the PS3, which is less a game and more an experiment in how much LSD you can give a game design team before they spontaneously combust. The series of 4 completely unrelated short films that comes with the game, titled "The Shortest Peace", are all excellent and worth the price of admission.
    Could have sworn Katamari Damashii had that honor ("how much LSD can you give a game design team before they spontaneously combust", that is).
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
    Could have sworn Katamari Damashii had that honor ("how much LSD can you give a game design team before they spontaneously combust", that is).
    Katamari Damacy at least has a semi-coherent narrative, consistent art design, and one primary game style.

In Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day, you play as the eyepatch wearing daughter of the head of a major conglomerate who lives in a series of elaborately decorated shipping containers in a high end parking garage. She also happens to be an assassin who runs around in a white gothic lolita style dress to assassinate her dad for the death of her mom and uses a violin that is actually a sniper rifle, unless it is the other way around, and she is being chased by a bunch of masked thugs with magical powers because reasons.

Then things start to get weird.

Each of the cutscenes is in a different artstyle, ranging from 3DCell-shading, to low-rez Ghost in the Shell, to manga panels, to upjumped Superjail, and so on. Sometime after a luchador in a business suit gave her a cryptic warning before vanishing and fighting two guys in a parking lot that somehow got a giant grinder appearing in it, even Ranko is unable to keep up with the insanity and is basically gaping in confusion for the rest of the game.

The last two stages take place are an endless runner style level where you are being chased by a giant photo-realistic pomeranian and an 8-bit lucho libre unmasking fight being refere3d by your normal-anime-style 3-eyed sister with the still-photo-realistic pomeranian in the background.

How anyone survived long enough for the game to actually be completed its a mystery for the ages.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 09-14-2015 at 09:33 AM.

BANNED

MGS5 The Phantom Pain.

I might as well throw out all of my other games because this game is now the only game i play right now.

Got Vita TV new off Amazon for $37.00. Am playing Duodecim and beating the tar out of Kingdom Hearts Sephiroth with Zidane in his Organization XIII-esque black cloak DLC by ad hoccing with my Vita.

Have not stopped giggling for the last twenty minutes.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 09-19-2015 at 06:15 AM.

I am hooked on Destiny at the moment. The Taken King fixed most of the problems that plagued year one. If any of you are lapsed Destiny players please do yourself a favor and give The Taken King a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    I am hooked on Destiny at the moment. The Taken King fixed most of the problems that plagued year one. If any of you are lapsed Destiny players please do yourself a favor and give The Taken King a chance.
    I just bought the PS4 bundle with Destiny and all the expansions. Never played it before so I hope I get into it. Figure I'll play it in short bursts between playing the Witcher 3. I won't get to play either til the weekend but it's definitely giving me something to look forward to.

King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Battle.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Saint Seiya Soldiers Soul.

Well, i'm way too much of a Saint Seiya fan to not enjoy this. Plus the gameplay is faster now and there is a lot of stuff to do.

Me happy.