Page 47 of 179 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gobSIDES View Post
    ^^Not a bad idea but sadly for me I have only completed Contracts, Blood Money and still haven't got round to finishing Absolution. Never played the others.

Myself I am playing Firewatch...it's pretty great for just 18Euro
    I only played Blood Money and Absolution, so I tried to go back to the very start not to long ago and play the first one again. The controls on PC were...unwieldy, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by gobSIDES View Post
    ^^Not a bad idea but sadly for me I have only completed Contracts, Blood Money and still haven't got round to finishing Absolution. Never played the others.

Myself I am playing Firewatch...it's pretty great for just 18Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I only played Blood Money and Absolution, so I tried to go back to the very start not to long ago and play the first one again. The controls on PC were...unwieldy, to say the least.
    Till today (depending on the new Hitman) Blood Money remains my favorite, la crème de la crème. I didn't like the direction they went with Absolution, didn't feel like a Hitman game. I completed it because I'm that much of a fan but to replay it? No thanks.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VivaChiba View Post
    Like 999 and its 3DS sequel?
    Man, the writing totally killed those games for me! A nice idea otherwise.
    Really? I personally liked the writing in both games.

Also, Virtue's Last Reward was also on the Vita.

Massive Chalice
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Went back to playing Madden 11 to get a couple trophies I needed from it that were easy to do. Anyhow one trophy you'd think was easy to get is hitting a 60 yard FG right ? Well you'd be wrong as trying to hit that is insanely tough. You have to get exactly at 60 yards folks and then your kicker best be great. I have tried it with wind and more. At the end I usually end up swearing.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

All-New Member

Marvel's Contest of Champions and Star Wars Force Collection.

Edit: Just started Marvel's Future Fight.
    Last edited by AstralZ; 02-22-2016 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Really? I personally liked the writing in both games.

Also, Virtue's Last Reward was also on the Vita.
    I didn't know that.

But 999 didn't bother you how everyone kept coming out with these completely obscure pieces of knowledge? Or how the characters were pretty much one-dimensional, either boring or annoying, in a game that revolves a lot around getting to know the characters?
    I don't know, I just felt that the puzzles could have been presented better (in both games)...

Arkham Knight and some Ultra Street Fighter 4, PS4.

Holy visual Batman, Arkham Knight sure is nice looking. Pretty fun game overall, i still prefer Arkham City but that's a solid title. (what a DLC fever though)

And i caught Street Fighter for something like 20 bucks, which is cool cause i wanted some SF action but i really wasn't in a mood to spend 70 bucks for ST 5.

Ah well, it's going to be around 35 bucks soon or later during some discount, i'm a patient and cheap bastard.

Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Original Gameboy)
    Now that I'm finally done playing this, I'll move on to another game.
    Please play the playlist, and let others know of my channel.
    And please, let the ads roll.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

Anyone getting either of the new Fire Emblems?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VivaChiba View Post
    I didn't know that.

But 999 didn't bother you how everyone kept coming out with these completely obscure pieces of knowledge? Or how the characters were pretty much one-dimensional, either boring or annoying, in a game that revolves a lot around getting to know the characters?
    I don't know, I just felt that the puzzles could have been presented better (in both games)...
    The fact that the characters knew those obscure pieces of knowledge that were required to solve those puzzles (or rather, that the puzzles required obscure pieces of knowledge that those specific characters knew) was actually a major hint towards the secret of the plot, and that there were prior relationships between more of the characters than they initially knew or would admit.

I didn't really find them one-dimensional, so much as in a high stress situation where they don't really have much opportunity to show as many facets of their character as most Visual Novels do, except in the bad ends. I mean, both games take place over a relatively short period of time, and Virtue's Last Reward had that whole mind-altering condition plot as well. And even then, several of the characters change a lot over the course of the games/series. I mean, just consider Junpei and Akane, or what we learn about Sigma's fate.

As for the puzzles, I usually do think games like this have room for improvement on that front, but it's better at it than a lot, and their unnatural and manufactured nature makes a lot more sense when you learn about their origins than most Adventure games even bother with.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 02-19-2016 at 06:09 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I finally beat the last Riddler Race track and now need to get all the Riddler trophies to finish that part and face him. It took me some tries , quitting awhile and then going back to play it after a couple weeks with a new fresh approach. But I did it finally , achieving the trophy.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless_Legend View Post
    Anyone getting either of the new Fire Emblems?
    Got the Special Edition. And, as I have already beaten Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, have already jumped right in.

I'm starting with Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest.

Dawn of War II
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Currently playing Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven for the Nintendo 3DS. It's a strategy JRPG that's not particularly long, or difficult, or deep. What it does have though is a pretty unique battle system involving enemies that summon mobs of weak enemies that die in one hit for you to plow through to get to the real baddies, where enemies can be knocked into eachother for kill streaks and combos can get you extra turns. It's pretty fun actually. It's main problem is that it's really slow. Not only are the cutscenes unskippable, but there's no battle speed setting or animation skipping options in combat. I thought we had figured out that nonsense a decade ago, it feels like something that rolled off the PS1. It really makes the whole thing feel like a slog sometimes, especially on the maps that have enemies that constantly spawn the enemies that constantly spawn enemies with you in the middle chipping away at increasingly unfair healthbars. And the more powerful the skills you use, the longer the unskippable attack animation. Boo.

I imagine if I hadn't lived through the PS1 I would be less forgiving of the game, but I'm old so I'll let it slide. I give Lord of Magna 7 waifus out of 10.