Page 49 of 180 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

So I decided to try out Rodea: The Sky Soldier for the WiiU, which for anyone that doesn't know is a remake of a Wii game that never got released. The WiiU release luckily comes with the Wii version as an extra.

Honestly, I didn't like the game at first. The controls felt clunky. Even something as simple as breaking oven a box would send me hurtling uncontrollably backwards over a ledge with only limited amount of time to try to save myself. Which brings me to the flying mechanic from where the game draws it's title, which is awkward, imprecise, slow, and available only in limited bursts. The whole thing was a massive disappointment.

But then I tried the Wii version. The Wii version of Rodea is one of the greatest games ever made for the Wii. The controls are tight, the flying precise and easy to control, the action turning from relaxing to frantic at the drop of a hat while always keeping the controls smooth. Even the changes like removing the life bar for a more Mario/Sonic style of damage feels better. It's the kind of game where the Wii shines, because for all the crap the Wii remote gets no other controller could have made an game like this work. I know that for a fact, because I was playing it on a different controller minutes earlier and it was awful. The only downside to the wii version seems to be less unlockables and a slight graphical downgrade, but who cares about that when you feel like Superman.

The only other thing I can say, besides to go buy it, it that it was clearly made by ex-SEGA people. I haven't looked up who was involved in making it, but I can just feel the SEGA in this game. Not only did it borrow from NiGHTS but it could have been branded Sonic Adventure 3 and not felt out of place. I don't consider any of that a bad thing, I loved those games and seeing a throwback to the golden age of SEGA make me feel like a kid again. I don't know why one of the greatest Wii games was never released on the Wii, but I'm glad to have it now.

All-New Member

just finished Until Dawn, trailer for those who didn't play it

also playing mega coin squad by adult swim, fuuuun

Finally getting around to Arkham Knight now that the PC version seems to be somewhat acceptable and it went down to the right price(about 23 bucks for the complete edition).

Been bouncing between FF XIV and Xenoblade Chronicles X. In Xenoblade, I just took down my first level 90 Tyrant (Elvira, the Talondrake). Not too bad since I recently finished Chapter 9 of 12. I have flight, 4 level 50 giant robots, and working on getting my 4th Super Weapon.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim and Elder Scrolls: Online. There is truly nothing better than a good RPG.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So I finished Heavy Rain and it irked me on a couple trophies I couldn't get (The Bear...the driving deal , Happy Birthday) as someone brought up those are glitched and you have to repeatedly play the level to get them. Anyhow its a decent game but the ending is stupid as hell since Scott Shelby really had nothing to gain from the entire deal. I honestly would have made Ethan Mars 1st wife the killer. That she was driven insane after her 1st sons death and had pretty much been punishing others and Ethan slowly the last 2 years.

At the end I would have had it revealed she kidnapped her son to torture Ethan worse.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Almost finish everything in arkham knight. Just still miss some stuff with firefly and of course some nygma thingies.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So I finished Heavy Rain and it irked me on a couple trophies I couldn't get (The Bear...the driving deal , Happy Birthday) as someone brought up those are glitched and you have to repeatedly play the level to get them. Anyhow its a decent game but the ending is stupid as hell since Scott Shelby really had nothing to gain from the entire deal. I honestly would have made Ethan Mars 1st wife the killer. That she was driven insane after her 1st sons death and had pretty much been punishing others and Ethan slowly the last 2 years.

At the end I would have had it revealed she kidnapped her son to torture Ethan worse.
    Yeah, that game really falls apart once the killer is revealed, the whole unreliable narrator thing they were trying to do doesn't really work out and is just kind of frustrating. Anyway, originally the game has a little bit of supernatural stuff, when Jason dies, for some reason Ethan and Scott form a weird psychic link, and every time Ethan blacks out during the game is supposed to be him seeing into Scott's mind while he's doing things or something like that. That was almost entirely cut out except for a couple of the blackouts.

Finally got Assassins' Creed Unity last month (because I finally got a PS4) and I liked it a lot more than most people I think. Definitely more than any reviews said I would. It wasn't as buggy as people said... maybe that's because I waited so long to get it. But now I'm playing Syndicate and I absolutely love it. It's as close to any of the games in the Ezio trilogy as they've gotten. Having a lot of fun with it.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Yeah, that game really falls apart once the killer is revealed, the whole unreliable narrator thing they were trying to do doesn't really work out and is just kind of frustrating. Anyway, originally the game has a little bit of supernatural stuff, when Jason dies, for some reason Ethan and Scott form a weird psychic link, and every time Ethan blacks out during the game is supposed to be him seeing into Scott's mind while he's doing things or something like that. That was almost entirely cut out except for a couple of the blackouts.

I believe the blackouts and the car part at the garage was left to make you believe possibly that Ethan may have been behind it all. The Scott part is just beyond silly because your playing as him at the clock makers place and suddenly he dies.

Anyhow I went back and finally got Happy Birthday as a trophy. I'm tempted to try for all the ending Trophies and do that possibly. Its not like I need all the trophies in the game since I completed it already. I'd say if I tried I'd need like 10 trophies right now to complete everything . 4-5 of them are at the end.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I just tried the Indivisible Prototype on PS4, and I'm surprised at how much fun I had. And that's considering the high expectations I had going into it since its from the same folks that done made Skullgirls.

Still plugging away at collecting all the riddler trophies in Batman Arkham Knight and doing all the challenge mode stuff. I hate the race tracks so, so much.

Having finished all three campaigns in Fire Emblem Fates, I have returned to Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies.

Playing the new Hitmam, well I'm trying to that is. Crap always online DRM has had me disconnecting and kicked out to the main menu constantly.

I just finished the final achievement that I had to get for Arkham Knight. Requiem for a Killer took me over a week to get but I finally got it. You have to get over a million points in the Iceberg Lounge challenge map and beat Killer Croc in one go.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics