Page 51 of 179 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Grand Theft Auto on the Gameboy Advance
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I just finished off the 1st Uncharted game. It was a nice fun game and I collected all the treasures pretty much. Hopefully I can finish the 2nd one and I'll go ahead and do the 3rd one. Eventually I may get the 4th game for the PS4 this winter.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

All-New Member

Playing the Batman: Arkham series from scratch again..

Playing <Dead Space> on Xboxone and <X2:wolverine's revenge(gba version)> on my nintendo DSL
    Nick.Kuh, Chinese retro gamer and mortal kombat kollector.

All-New Member

Johnny's Payday Panic on the 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles X for the WiiU.

Adventure Island (Original Gameboy)
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

So I finished Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney. It was a really great game, but it kind of dropped the ball at the end. But then both of these series have a habit of doing that, so I shouldn't be surprised. Just kind of disappointed that the inevitable courtroom showdown between Layton and Wright that the game was hyping was in no way climactic. Ah well.

Time to dig into the backlog to see what's next.

Adventure Island II: Aliens in Paradise (Original Gameboy)
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

The Division, Call Of Duty Black Ops 3, and Mortal Kombat X on PS4. If anyone wants to add me my PSN id is bgwarmachine18.

Ratchet and Clank Reboot PS4.

Hotel Dusk room 215 for the Nintendo DS.

btw, whoever posted L.A. Noire- great game!

So I decided to try out the 2 Final Fantasy XV demos that I have lying around. I really want this game to be good, I really want to like it, because this game has been a money pit and Squeenix is going to be making spin offs and sequels for a decade just to recoup the cost. FFXV is going to be around a while. And I did like it, it was good, but there were a hundred little nitpicks that were bugging me.

First I started the demo that came with Type-0 HD, a game I need to finish. Firstly the controls are alright. Holding down one button is the laziest combo system ever, but it still works alright. I don't know why Block and dodge are on the same button, or why dodgerolling is a 2 button combination, but I can get used to it eventually. The Demo started good, you were given a quest to kill a behemoth, had to gather clues to track it down, and go into it's lair to make it dead. Fair enough. The large open area you're playing in is mostly empty except for some enemies and the odd item pick up that I think is just vendor trash, but the area isn't that big so it won't be too much of a hassle. The running speed could be upped and you'd hear no complaints though. Anyway...

That's when the waypoint marker starts to make itself know. You're in the fight with the behemoth, when suddenly your party vanishes leaving you to fight the unbeatable beasty alone. You'll eventually notice that a waypoint marker has appeared with your teammates crowded around it signaling that it's time to escape. Thanks guys. You hide out overnight and the next morning a waypoint marker appears over the local Chocobo Ranch. Why? I dunno, no one mentions it. You go to the Chocobo Ranch and are warned about the dangers in a nearby cave. If you're assuming that it's the cave that you just got stomped by a Behemoth in, well you're wrong, because the waypoint marker points to an entirely different cave. That right there, that's not okay game.

You can't just put up a waypoint marker for us to follow without giving us any contextual reason to follow it. You have to give a reason for us to go to the Chocobo Ranch. Is it to get better weapons or rest or search for clues? That's fine, just say it. Why do we need to go to this cave other than because it exists? It doesn't even have to be a complicated reason. Just say that the best treasure is found in mysterious caves and we should go loot the place blind. That's a fine reason. You can't just throw up a little arrow you expect us to follow for no reason, THAT'S JUST A DIFFERENT KIND OF HALLWAY! The worst part is that I liked the cave, it was my favorite part of the Demo, and I liked the demo it might turn into a good game. But if square doesn't learn to start telling stories better this game is going to get savaged like 13 was.

Anyway, on the the free Demo that came out a few days ago. It was basically nothing. Just a tech demo of the day/night and weather cycles with light driving and combat to show off the mechanics. Funnily enough, the game has a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT control and combat system than the last Demo. What the hell is this? This game has been in development for a decade, and you don't even have something as basic as this straightened out yet? You're already hiring voice actors! I don't think I like this system as much as the last one, but that might just be because there seems to be a half second delay between your button presses and the game doing what you want, just long enough to make dodging and jumping awkward.

I'm so confused...

Just finished Far Cry 4 again... I think I'll play the Mass Effect trilogy again.
    Life is but a dream

in the FFXV platinum demo the real combat is actually more then meets the eye however most don't realize this because the demo doesn't have contain a tutorial like the first demo did. I have been keeping up with the game and FFXV will have two battle modes.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    in the FFXV platinum demo the real combat is actually more then meets the eye however most don't realize this because the demo doesn't have contain a tutorial like the first demo did. I have been keeping up with the game and FFXV will have two battle modes.
    Yeah, I looked up a tutorial on Youtube, and it looks pretty slick. I still don't know which system I like better though. Weapons worked better in the new system, but skills were better in the first. I guess I'll just have to wait for it to come out and see what happens. It's nice to be excited for Final Fantasy again, if nothing else.