Page 56 of 179 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
    I love Metroidvania, and this one is my favorite.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Played some Call of Duty : Ghosts online and it was ...unique folks. It was my 1st time and without a shadow of a doubt ....I'll let the Rock sum it up when I play Free for All on Call of Duty.

I did kill 4 guys in a game. I felt like I was a stud. Then of course I died like 20+ times .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Still playing Black Flag sporadically. Between now and then I updated the game because you've got to be online for some stupid reason to do your fleet stuff...and I needed a way to make more money. Like most everything in Black Flag, the fleet mini-game is just a bizarrely strange missed opportunity that it's kind of hard to wrap my head around. This game has this weird habit of taking stuff from other games, and stripping elements that would make them more fun than what they're doing. They did it with the whaling/harpooning mini-game, which is the Reaident Evil 4 Del Lago lake monster boss fight, only without the ability to move your boat around at all, making the Black Flag version far less interesting than the thing it's ripping off. And so its fleet time, and the Fleet mini-game is basically the Grandia combat system, which is cool, only it's not as cool as it could have been because you don't control anything about it at all. This isn't to say the Fleet mini-game isn't kind of nice to mess around with, it's better than nothing, but when you see it's basically Grandia without letting you do anything in combat...it kind of sucks. The funny thing is Child of Light is a Ubisoft RPG that would come out the next year, and the combat system in that is the Grandia system.

Overwatch..tho getting a decent team is kinda hard now
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Spider-Man Web of Shadows (NDS)
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Spider-Man Web of Shadows (NDS)
    is that good?
    Nick.Kuh, Chinese retro gamer and mortal kombat kollector.

Quote Originally Posted by nickthemkfan View Post
    is that good?
    It's like Metroid and Castlevania, it's good in that way, particularly from my point of view as a huge fan of Metroid styled Castlevania.
    But it's kinda shorter than the regular Metroidvania, and not something with alternate character modes, so it loses some points in that regard.
    I think if I ever played more than 200 NDS games and listed my top 100, it would be included there, and I'd possibly include it as an honorary mention if I made a top 50 NDS games list.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

It's like Metroid and Castlevania, it's good in that way, particularly from my point of view as a huge fan of Metroid styled Castlevania.
    But it's kinda shorter than the regular Metroidvania, and not something with alternate character modes, so it loses some points in that regard.
    I think if I ever played more than 200 NDS games and listed my top 100, it would be included there, and I'd possibly include it as an honorary mention if I made a top 50 NDS games list.
    Thx man! and i thought you may like <Aliens:infestation> too! For me it's a good game but lack of the new game+ feature and you only have one save slot, start a new game means you will lose everything include the mini game, and the manual booklet in case is way too simple.
    Nick.Kuh, Chinese retro gamer and mortal kombat kollector.

Quote Originally Posted by nickthemkfan View Post
    Thx man! and i thought you may like <Aliens:infestation> too! For me it's a good game but lack of the new game+ feature and you only have one save slot, start a new game means you will lose everything include the mini game, and the manual booklet in case is way too simple.
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    Castlevania games don't have a New Game+, so this one not having any won't be a problem.
    Glad Web of Shadows have it, made the replay to get another ending easier.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Aliens: Infestation is a really underrated gem, just a good metrodvania style game that manages to still keep the feel/tone of the aliens movies(If i remember correctly, it has permadeath, so when one character dies you'll be down one person until you can find another survivor).

If the main character dies, do I have to start all the way from the beginning?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Playing some cool Call of Duty : Advanced Warfare . Its kinda awesome to see Kevin Spacey and Bill Paxton in the game.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

If the main character dies, do I have to start all the way from the beginning?
    No, it's a little fuzzy because it's been a long time since I've played, but I think you can have 4 characters at once, and you can switch between them at save rooms, and if you die you are forced to pick a new one from the remaining 3. I think if your last character dies before finding another one to add to your group you just reload your last save.

BANNED

im currently playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Fallout 4

Spectacular Member reptarcereal's Avatar

I'm playing Wild Arms 3 on PS4. Getting Tokyo Mirage Sessions on Wiiu, & RE5 on PS4, later this month