Page 57 of 180 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

Super Ghouls and Ghosts (GBA)
    Practicing before recording footage, and I have one thing to say about this game's difficulty:
    Some games are challenging, but playable, and can be more fun once you master them. And then there are some games like this, they are virtually impossible, what were the developers thinking when coming up with ideas for this garbage?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Picked up my copy of Kirby: Planet Robobot today, pretty fun game & the amiibos for it look nice.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Fantastic Member

I recently beat Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate(three times), now I'm replaying Arkham Knight.

BANNED

I beat Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag a few days back, the ending is such a non-thing that it didn't even feel like it was the ending...and I've really no idea what the final cutscene was about. Ultimately the game is kind of a disaster, the Assassin's Creed and Black Flag pirate game are almost constantly at odds with each other. The Assassin's Creed stuff is the main thrust of the game, but the towns are never built to do what AC games do, and the story feels incredibly fractured. Likewise there's the Pirate part of the game, which is never developed enough to do much of anything with; and while the game lets you keep playing after it's over, there really doesn't seem to any point because there's nothing to do. Oh, if only Black Flag was like a third person Sid Meier's Pirates!, there might actual still be stuff to do than. Would still love to see them do a Black Flag 2 that wasn't trying to also be an Assassin's Creed game.

So the only reasons I bought Black Flag (beside being interested in trying it out since release) is because it didn't cost much and came with two more Assassin's Creed games, which means...Assassins Creed 3.

I've only played a bit of AC3, but the most surprising thing I noticed pretty quickly is that this game looks better than Black Flag. Why this game looks better I don't know, but textures, faces, and just the models in general all seem better. Overall the game feels like a lot more care went into this one than Black Flag. So after getting off a ship that was far more detailed (which had crew you could talk to) than the one you control (or are ever in) in Black Flag, you arrive in a city far bigger than anything in Black Flag, a city that has more character going on with its people than anything I ever saw in Black Flag. I get into a fight, surprise, this game has far better fight animations than Black Flag, the combat also feels way more fluent; (although the combat is too easy) and this is for a character I know isn't the main character, which has me wondering if the combat animations are completely different once I start as the main guy. So far though the game has one pretty big problem, it is damn slow, there's a lot of walking places while people talk, and this comes after two pretty big parts (the opera house and aforementioned ship bit) that don't have you doing much of anything. Those two parts sure are weird, the opera house...let's say level, feels like it should play like Hitman; like, here's your target, get to them however. But it doesn't; you just climb on over to them, (which takes no skill) get a cutscene, and walk out. This assassination that could have been a fun bit of gameplay where you have to figure out how to go about doing it just ends up being a fairly boring part of the game where you're not really doing anything. The ship is the same kind of thing, it has you playing detective, but you aren't really playing detective because you aren't actually doing anything other than walking around a nice looking stage and pressing a button while characters say things you don't need to pay attention to because the player isn't actually solving anything.

Also been playing Metal Gear Online some. That's been pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    Castlevania games don't have a New Game+, so this one not having any won't be a problem.
    Glad Web of Shadows have it, made the replay to get another ending easier.
    <Aliens: Infestation> only has one save slot and the game will save automaticly just when you enter the briefing room, so after you finish the game, load the save file then you can find yourself always at the front of the final boss......it doesn't like metroid or castlevania that you can trans yourself between the way point, the game is kind like the original <Ori and the blind forest>(which you can't load your save file once you beat the game).
    If the main character dies, you can just load your save and go back to the breifing room and when you play though the game, you can find about 100 marines on the way, they may join your four-men squad if you have any short. After you beat up the game, there will be a calculation of the percent you find them, for me...I miss one of them and if I wanna 100% i have to delete my file and start a new game.
    Nick.Kuh, Chinese retro gamer and mortal kombat kollector.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Odin Sphere Liefthrasir is pretty much completely awesome.

I started The Order 1886. Which means I finished The Order 1886. I heard bad things about it, but I liked it. The story is great, but everyone that says the gameplay drags is right. Half the weapons are useless too, and you get no real say in what weapons are going to be available to you. I'm considering whether to play through again to get the trophies, but it's pretty slow for a game so short.

Quote Originally Posted by nickthemkfan View Post
    <Aliens: Infestation> only has one save slot and the game will save automaticly just when you enter the briefing room, so after you finish the game, load the save file then you can find yourself always at the front of the final boss......it doesn't like metroid or castlevania that you can trans yourself between the way point, the game is kind like the original <Ori and the blind forest>(which you can't load your save file once you beat the game).
    If the main character dies, you can just load your save and go back to the breifing room and when you play though the game, you can find about 100 marines on the way, they may join your four-men squad if you have any short. After you beat up the game, there will be a calculation of the percent you find them, for me...I miss one of them and if I wanna 100% i have to delete my file and start a new game.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Finished my Twilight Princess HD run. Skipped most of the minigames (who doesn't) and some of the latter heart pieces. Replacing some of the money chests with Miiverse stamps makes it hard to scrounge up enough cash to acquire the magic armour (or make it useful), not to mention the needy preacher guy in Castle Town. Other than that, still my favourite Zelda overall, even if it only really kicks in after the third dungeon.

Also finished Kane & Lynch. Not good. Feeble weapon impact, fiddly cover mechanic, unforgiving damage scale and poor level geography that doesn't always make it clear where you're meant to go. The story's also about 50% as clever as it thinks it is, much like Max Payne 3. Taking some time away before trying the sequel, so I'm flipping between Inversion (mediocre Gears of War clone with mildly interesting anti-gravity tech), Clive Barker's Jericho (goth G.I. Joe squad versus demons, mechanically primitive but I like some of its ideas), and *sigh* Aliens: Colonial Marines (whyyyyyyyy).
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Thanks for the heads up.
    You're welcome BTW i am a DS fan too
    Nick.Kuh, Chinese retro gamer and mortal kombat kollector.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Finished my [I]
    Also finished Kane & Lynch. Not good. Feeble weapon impact, fiddly cover mechanic, unforgiving damage scale and poor level geography that doesn't always make it clear where you're meant to go. The story's also about 50% as clever as it thinks it is, much like Max Payne 3. Taking some time away before trying the sequel, so I'm flipping between Inversion (mediocre Gears of War clone with mildly interesting anti-gravity tech), Clive Barker's Jericho (goth G.I. Joe squad versus demons, mechanically primitive but I like some of its ideas), and *sigh* Aliens: Colonial Marines (whyyyyyyyy).
    Ouuuuch, I've beaten Colonial Marines. That game is just...bad, not even interestingly, it's just kinda not fun. It just feels like a crappy theme park ride that goes through all the major locations of the movies. That's not to mention to awful story(Alien 3 came out over 20 years ago, I think we've all moved on and don't need any retcons...)

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Ouuuuch, I've beaten Colonial Marines. That game is just...bad, not even interestingly, it's just kinda not fun. It just feels like a crappy theme park ride that goes through all the major locations of the movies. That's not to mention to awful story(Alien 3 came out over 20 years ago, I think we've all moved on and don't need any retcons...)
    Mmhmm. I don't think I can recall another game with such frequent dives between good and bad. Whenever it's the calm before the storm, and you're edging through the colony with your motion tracker out, it's exquisitely tense, but as soon as the xenos show up all the tension drops away. Between them running around in circles, getting stuck on the scenery, walking awkwardly on hind legs or standing up to hiss at you for five full seconds before they even think about attacking, it's very very hard to take these things seriously.

Also, BLIND ALBINO KAMIKAZE XENOMORPHS? How did that make it past concept? Blargh.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

X360:
    Super Meat Boy.
    Borderlands.

iOS:
    Injustice.
    Mortal Kombat X.

Other (don't ask ):
    Super Robot Wars J.
    MegaMan Zero 4.

All-New Member

I'm currently playing in Star Wars Battlefront III, Rome Total War: Atilla, Civilization V and StarCraft II

Playing Tales from the Borderlands which I absolutely adore. Probably my favorite of the Telltale games.

Also bought Injustice a few days ago and been playing that. So far it's pretty okay.