Page 58 of 180 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nickthemkfan View Post
    You're welcome BTW i am a DS fan too
    I got it mostly for Castelvania, but now that I'm expanding, I guess a high five is in order
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I got it mostly for Castelvania, but now that I'm expanding, I guess a high five is in order
    You can try metroid prime hunters too, in first person view but the single player mode is fantasic!
    Nick.Kuh, Chinese retro gamer and mortal kombat kollector.

So Colonial Marines was honkin' me off so much I dug my PS2 back out just so I could play something that wouldn't make me want to break things/despair for all mankind.

Upshot of that, I finally finished Warhammer 40K: Fire Warrior. I ignored it back when it was new despite being a big 40K dork - probably because I didn't see the appeal in playing as the Tau, goofy-looking newbies that they were - and I've had a few false starts with it in more recent years, usually only clearing the first couple levels. But this time was the charm. Overall, I do quite like it. There's a pleasant beefy feel to firing each weapon, campaign runs to a good length without running out of story, enemies are varied in look and attack patterns, and despite some extremely bastard hard parts, it never quite feels unfair or unbeatable. The solution is always there. On the downside, some of the levels are so dark you can barely see where you're meant to go (no options to change brightness or contrast in-game, thankyouverymuch), and all the Tau voices sound like old white men doing 'Yellow Peril' Chinese accents, which is extremely skin-crawling. Still, by the halfway point they basically cease to matter.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Spider-Man 3 (PC)
    Last edited by Speed Force League Unlimited; 06-19-2016 at 03:30 PM.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I finished playing Ghostbusters and was about to set down and play a few of the multiplayer missions and learned....Sony had the servers shut down 2-3 years ago. I was irked because I so wanted to play some multiplayer fun. I guess I'll never get a few of those trophies now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

What irks me playing Advanced Warfare is my copy oddly after each mission , won't go to the cut scene. I have to go , exit outta the game and return and play the next mission. Its so insane , I can't update my characters XP stuff. Since the damn thing won't go to the next screen lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Ultimate Member

Playing Uncharted 4. Good game but the climbing and puzzles doesn't get a bit tiresome.

Playing Doom too. This game is fantastic, it's just balls out action and carnage.

Finished Inversion. Glad I didn't give up on it. Never drops the Gears clone stigma but around the halfway point the story opens up in a wonderfully bizarre direction that really shoots new life into its veins. They also progressively throw in more of the ledge-grabbing zero G combat that is the game's only real unique novelty, so well done there.

Following it up with Bulletstorm. Early impression is good, though I wish the narrative would commit to being a parody or not.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Got my copy of Mighty No. 9 for the WiiU. Overall a decent enough game, not as good as the classic Mega Man games IMO. But a servicable modern approximation.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

I just started Skyrim. I heard the stories it like the Fallout games are the types of games ya best dedicate your lives to. I am ready to go do the 1st big objective an hour in. That should be insane to see how long this game lasts with side quests and more.

BANNED

Been playing Super Meat Boy...since it was free. I think I like the stage progression of the demo more than that found in the actual game. It's weird, there are stages in the demo I still haven't hit yet in the actual game.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I just started Skyrim. I heard the stories it like the Fallout games are the types of games ya best dedicate your lives to. I am ready to go do the 1st big objective an hour in. That should be insane to see how long this game lasts with side quests and more.
    It gets boring really fast because of how mindless the combat is...and the whole game is built around fighting.
    Last edited by simbob4000; 06-21-2016 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The stories in the more recent Elder Scrolls and Fallout games(and both being made by Bethesda, really the only difference is do you want to play with magic or with guns) usually aren't particularly good. I'd recommend if you get bored to just go off exploring, don't worry to much about sticking to the main story, the best parts are just stumbling onto weird stuff/characters(heck I plain out forgot to finish the main story of Fallout 3 until like 60 hours in).

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Got my copy of Mighty No. 9 for the WiiU. Overall a decent enough game, not as good as the classic Mega Man games IMO. But a servicable modern approximation.
    After hearing about all the drama behind this game's development, I was trying to think of any other good Mega Man style game in recent memory that didn't cross over into being a full out Metroidvania (otherwise Axiom Verge might do the trick).

Velocity 2X send more like a Sonic game with Mega Man elements, and Rayman it's more of a Mario game with Mega Man and Sonic elements. Oddly enough, Mercedes' sections from the Odin Sphere remake send kinda similar to Mega Man, with Action RPG and shmup elements....

Any other options?

LEGO BATMAN 3: Beyond Gotham
    Been a while since I finished it the first time, I think now I'm enjoying it more than first time.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE