Page 59 of 180 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    After hearing about all the drama behind this game's development, I was trying to think of any other good Mega Man style game in recent memory that didn't cross over into being a full out Metroidvania (otherwise Axiom Verge might do the trick).

Velocity 2X send more like a Sonic game with Mega Man elements, and Rayman it's more of a Mario game with Mega Man and Sonic elements. Oddly enough, Mercedes' sections from the Odin Sphere remake send kinda similar to Mega Man, with Action RPG and shmup elements....

Any other options?
    Shovel Knight was really good.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    It gets boring really fast because of how mindless the combat is...and the whole game is built around fighting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    The stories in the more recent Elder Scrolls and Fallout games(and both being made by Bethesda, really the only difference is do you want to play with magic or with guns) usually aren't particularly good. I'd recommend if you get bored to just go off exploring, don't worry to much about sticking to the main story, the best parts are just stumbling onto weird stuff/characters(heck I plain out forgot to finish the main story of Fallout 3 until like 60 hours in).

Comically I went to play today after playing 2 hours yesterday , getting ready to go do my 1st big objective in the game. Anyhow I came on to play and the damn game didn't save my game. It started me at the start again. I was like....ehh **** this. Maybe later ill play it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I've been playing Primal Carnage. Human Vs Dinosaur combat is my thing.

Steam World Dig. Fun little game so far.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    After hearing about all the drama behind this game's development, I was trying to think of any other good Mega Man style game in recent memory that didn't cross over into being a full out Metroidvania (otherwise Axiom Verge might do the trick).

Velocity 2X send more like a Sonic game with Mega Man elements, and Rayman it's more of a Mario game with Mega Man and Sonic elements. Oddly enough, Mercedes' sections from the Odin Sphere remake send kinda similar to Mega Man, with Action RPG and shmup elements....

Any other options?
    Could consider Azure Striker Gunvolt? Those are on 3DS, I think. New one launching this year too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Comically I went to play today after playing 2 hours yesterday , getting ready to go do my 1st big objective in the game. Anyhow I came on to play and the damn game didn't save my game. It started me at the start again. I was like....ehh **** this. Maybe later ill play it.
    You really aren't missing anything. Because the combat is so mindlessly stupid, and because everything is basically built around fighting ****, it's just all really boring. The weirdest thing about the game (or one of them anyways) is how much of a big deal they make about dragons, and they're so fucking easy to beat, and they're so damn boring to fight. It's weird how much the opening tries to impart on you that dragons are these powerful badass things in the game, and than very shortly afterwards you've easily killed one by mindlessly hitting its foot.

I did finish Call of Duty : Advanced Warfare tonight . It irked me as I had to chase Kevin Spacey's character at the end and it became pretty funny as he'd escape repeatedly. Finally I caught him...it was over.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Finally picked up Dark Souls 3. Absolutely loved the first game but I found 2 to be a slog to get through by the end of the game and never even bothered getting the DLC. I'm enjoying it a lot more than 2 so far but I hope the later areas get more interesting, I don't really want to see that much more gray rubble everywhere.

Speaking of gray rubble, finished the first Killzone (PS2) earlier. Meant to do it last year but my old console scratched the disc and it's taken a while to find replacements for both. Ugly damn game (even with another generation's worth of processor grunt, it took until Killzone 3 before these games looked 'good') and the framerate feels shonky throughout but it's got the same pleasant meatiness to character handling and firearms, and the enemy AI is decent enough to be a challenge. Interesting idea to have 4 optional protagonists for the campaign, too, even if only 2 of them actively alter gameplay/route progression (with the other 2 being 'OP chaingun guy' and 'the one nobody likes'). Slightly bummed that Luger and Hakha didn't make it into the future games but Rico did, and my god did Rico get worse with each passing installment...
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

The Abyss Watchers fight in Dark Souls 3 is just making me not want to play it anymore, I've spent 3 hours on this damn fight now. I've never had so much trouble with a boss in one of these games before(even Ornstien and Smough in 1 only took more 4 or 5 tries in 1, I've tried at likest 40 times so far on this fight), and it's not even the whole fight, the first phase I can do perfectly with no damage with easy. Second Phase though, I can only hit the boss with a strong attack as he near instantly punishes a normal, plus it doesn't help that it using a shield is completely useless. In the first and second game I went through every boss solo and never wanted to summon anyone but I think I'm going to have to break that self imposed rule for this one as I'm a step away from throwing my controller out the window.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    The Abyss Watchers fight in Dark Souls 3 is just making me not want to play it anymore, I've spent 3 hours on this damn fight now. I've never had so much trouble with a boss in one of these games before(even Ornstien and Smough in 1 only took more 4 or 5 tries in 1, I've tried at likest 40 times so far on this fight), and it's not even the whole fight, the first phase I can do perfectly with no damage with easy. Second Phase though, I can only hit the boss with a strong attack as he near instantly punishes a normal, plus it doesn't help that it using a shield is completely useless. In the first and second game I went through every boss solo and never wanted to summon anyone but I think I'm going to have to break that self imposed rule for this one as I'm a step away from throwing my controller out the window.
    Are you in a place where you can just go do something else? Sounds like maybe you should just go into so other part of the game.

I finished of Call of Duty : Black Ops and the funniest part of the game has arrived. John F Kennedy , zombie killing machine ! Its just fun to play folks . I got up to round 5 , loading the shot gun took too much time and running to escape. The 1st Black Ops had a nice story. Me in Vietnam , fighting the Viet Kong . That was epic fun.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Are you in a place where you can just go do something else? Sounds like maybe you should just go into so other part of the game.
    I eventually just summoned someone which made the fight completely trivial, annoying that I had to, but at this point I just stopped caring and wanted it over with. I'm actually finding it sort of hard at times to find out where the next area is in this game, the level design just seems to be focused on giant areas with tons of paths at all times and I know I've definitely missed areas that could just be a shortcut back or could lead to a totally new area.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I finished of Call of Duty : Black Ops and the funniest part of the game has arrived. John F Kennedy , zombie killing machine ! Its just fun to play folks . I got up to round 5 , loading the shot gun took too much time and running to escape. The 1st Black Ops had a nice story. Me in Vietnam , fighting the Viet Kong . That was epic fun.
    Back when I still played the CoD games the Nazi Zombie stuff were my favorite part. The first map in CoD: World at War was pretty basic(just a bunker with the mystery box and the windows to board up) but every map released as DLC got more complicated/crazy(stuff like the team being split at the beginning and needing to work your way to a generator to open the doors in the middle, teleporters, upgrading weapons). I never played to much of the Black Ops ones, besides the one that continues the story from the previous and that JFK and buddies one. They only get weird from here on out(heck one of the DLC maps has the playable characters as Sarah Michelle Geller, Robert England, Danny Trejo, and Micheal Rooker, plus in one of the later games there is DLC maps were one of the killstreaks is playing as the predator, or playing as jason from friday the 13th).

In fun comedy , I recently got Battlefield 4 for PS4. It and Shadows of Mordor were picked up as part of a nice trade I made on some DVD's. Anyhow I was playing along to the 1st level (Battlefield 4) and its really cool I thought. Suddenly the update finishes and it just suddenly makes the CD unable to be read. I mean this entire deal was the CD couldn't be read. I never had an update ruin a game before. That was wacky folks. I mean it would have been nice to play the game and had I known the update would **** the game up ...i would have stopped it.

That is the 1st game breaking bug I have ever encountered in a current gen game.

As an update I took Battlefield 4 back to the thrift store and the guy asked to clean the CD 1st. He was like , let me buff the CD in the machine and see if that works. He said it usually works for games and all. So I took it home and its playing awesome. I actually enjoy a lot of Battlefield more than Call of Duty. The change up with guns is easier. I also like that the areas can be destroyed. Like I threw a grenade at a wall and blew the **** outta it and some guys there.