Page 61 of 180 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is taking up my time
    Mine too. How far are you, if you don't mind me asking?

(I recently finished chapter 2, and am spending my time doing sidequests during the intermission.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Mine too. How far are you, if you don't mind me asking?

(I recently finished chapter 2, and am spending my time doing sidequests during the intermission.)
    Still in chapter 2.

Astonishing Member

Pokemon Go. I don't think I've done so much walking in my life.

Area 51, released by Midway on PS2 in 2005 or so. Ostensibly an update (reboot?) of their arcade lightgun game with the same name. You're a HAZMAT special forces guy sent into a massive, top-secret bunker to combat a leaked contagion, and inevitably you find aliens. Lots and lots of aliens. Also some sort of Illuminati-backed conspiracy, but luckily it's the kind of conspiracy one can defeat by shooting it lots.

This was pretty good! With the qualifier that it's now 2 console cycles behind the times, it has a good feel of gun-heft and decent visuals (mainly due to smart design work). The enemies are aggressive enough to be challenging, with only a few moments (mostly involving the stationary spherical gun turrets) feeling unfair, and even that wouldn't bother me much if some of the checkpoints weren't spaced out so much. Gun selection is unspectacular, but combat is given some extra depth with your guy's mutant transformation. In mutant form you can punch really hard and run a hair faster, though the main gain is the parasite projectile attack that drains enemy health to restore yours, so protracted battles are generally determined by switching into mutant to heal, then back to regular fighting to recharge your muto-juice. On the downside, the framerate chugs pretty frequently and the story is...well, I don't know if it's bad as such, it's just - for a game that can't seem to stop throwing monologues at you - very difficult to follow. Once you teleport into a flying saucer parked in a cave and wind up in some bottle dimension so you can chat to a really big alien that has virus in its veins and Marilyn Manson's voice, you basically lose any sense of geography or character motivation. I don't even know who wins in the end.

Just started Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days. Bulletstorm and Clive Barker's Jericho are still in-progress (the latter is taking me forever, for some reason).
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Okay so I messed up pretty bad in Star Wars The Old Republic. I was on the first planet playing as a Jedi Consular and the main enemies on the starter planet called Flesh Raiders. The Flesh Raiders are tribal and savage. They also look kind of like Gantu from Lilo and Stich. Anyway there was this quest where a Flesh Raider was learning to speak and wanted to be a Jedi. It was force sensitive. I spoke to a Jedi Master about this... new recruit. Except I never told this guy that his new student would be a Flesh Raider. I thought it would be hilarious. I mean.. think about what his reaction would be when it got to the temple? Until I realized that this Flesh Raider has most likely been murdered by my actions.

Now I know what you're thinking. How does that chain of events lead to the Flesh Raider being murdered?

Well since I never told anyone that this student was a Flesh Raider, nobody knows he is coming. Nobody knows that this Flesh Raider is not a threat to anyone. The Flesh Raider was most likely killed on sight. Nobody probably would have tried to listen to him. He had a training sword and only knew some words which he shouted. Also he's a Flesh Raider and they've been attacking anything that moves on the planet.

So to summarize I sent an innocent alien beast that wanted to become a Jedi to die all because I thought it would be a funny prank to the Jedi Master. (Accidentally!)
    Last edited by The Negative Zone; 07-15-2016 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    So to summarize I sent an innocent alien beast that wanted to become a Jedi to die all because I thought it would be a funny prank to the Jedi Master. (Accidentally!)
    I hope you at least had the decency to turn in your lightsaber afterwards.

Oh, and finished Kane & Lynch 2. As promised, not a long game, but definitely better than the first one. Weapons feel meatier, cover system isn't a colossal nuisance, and the Shanghai environments are varied and interesting while still having a sense of geographical flow to them (as opposed to the first game's levels being all over the place, some in a different country, with little grasp of continuity). The story's a bit more engaging, though setting so much of it from Lynch's perspective only for his madness to be a non-factor feels like a wasted opportunity. He should be tripping balls and seeing stuff that isn't there nearly the whole time - instead he just sort of mumbles and growls to himself a lot. Meanwhile Kane is still just a dude with a gun and a milky eye, like the pound-shop version of Cable, and doesn't even get to drag his sweary daughter around for cheap sympathy.

Replaced it in the line-up with Bodycount, which proceeded to freeze and crash on the second level. Off to a promising start!
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

X3: Reunion.
    And a little Poker Night at the Inventory and Breakneck thrown in to spice it up.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So its down to one folks . I am busy playing back through , now I need Full Arsenal trophy. To get all the weapons in the game and its done. I get a Platinum. I'm gonna play it early tomorrow and finish the 3rd day and get the weapons trophy and finish the game ! I shall hold a celebration when I do.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I finally finished Dark Souls 3, mostly. I still have one optional boss to go (Nameless King) but I just kinda moved on since you have to first face a boss before fighting him (King of the Storm) EVERY time you want to fight him. The problem isn't that King of the Storm is hard, quite the opposite actually, I can beat it taking no damage or having to use a single estus flask at most, it's just REALLY annoying having to beat it so many times. Anyway, I think I still like the first Dark Souls the best, but would definitely put 3 above 2(I've never played Demons Souls or Bloodborne so I don't have much perspective on those ones). Now onto Walking Dead: Michonne, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition, 35MM, and hopefully getting around to finishing Volume which I've just been doing 10 or so levels every few weeks of(well those and the occasional TF2, Payday 2, and Rocksmith 2014 as those are my go too "I don't know what to play" games).

Well in news that pisses me off , I missed again one weapon at the very start of the game that I can't go back and get. Yes folks , I am so pissed that it again held me off from getting the full arsenal trophy I needed. So I will wait some months and play back through a 3rd time and get that final trophy I need for a platinum on South Park : Stick of Truth.

A game I recently got and started playing is ..."Lego Batman 3 : Beyond Gotham". Its a fun game and I can see why kids like it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Got into local baseball here in Japan (thanks, girlfriend) and started playing Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2016.

Go go Swallows!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Ok not quite what I am playing now but since I am planning on getting a PS4 in the next month GAME has an interesting PST4 1TB Mega bundle for £330 with Uncharted 4, Bloodborne and the Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls Collection included. This would be a tempting ad cost effective purchase - though I will need to nab the Uncharted Trilogy whilst I'm at it and complete those first - if not for the fact I don't really know whether Bloodborne would be for me or not? I haven't played any of the Dark Souls games before and whether I'd be all that great at them or not? So I'm asking anyone who has it for some ideas.

Alternatively I can always wait for a No Man Sky's PS4 ITB Bundle, but I was planning on getting Uncharted 4 and Heavy Rain/Beyond Collection at some point anyway...

Been playing some cool Lego Batman 3. Its a fun game and has a very sweet Super Friends type vibe to it. I love all the guest appearances from heroes like Ace the Bat Hound and Plastic Man.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Been playing some cool Lego Batman 3. Its a fun game and has a very sweet Super Friends type vibe to it. I love all the guest appearances from heroes like Ace the Bat Hound and Plastic Man.
    Yeah I enjoyed that game much more than LB2 where the Justice League felt tagged onto the end, really. And the storyline with Brainiac which allows for a hero-villain team up is pretty cool. Plus the bonus Batman '66 level is awesome.

I think my favorite little touch in Lego Batman 3 was the theme music when you fly around as Wonder Woman or Superman.