Page 69 of 180 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2690

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBatman82 View Post
    yeah im getting that game on christmas i don't buy games during launch
    It's pretty much been on sale constantly all year (at least for PC). I'm the same way. I think I only paid $29 for my copy.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I finished off Lego Batman 2 , late last night. I did it all and completed the game 100%. I even got the Platinum trophy to finish the game off finally. The final 5-7 trophies all rolled in as i gold all the gold bricks , all the characters and more. The hardest level was the Toy Gotham level where you have to get 1,000,000 studs with no multiplayer on and no other characters except the ones given to you.

At the end I finished it off and was happy. My 2nd platinum trophy.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Have you played any of the Souls games(Demon Souls/Dark Souls 1-3) before or is this your first one?
    I played either Demon Souls or Dark Souls for like 10 minutes. I gave up and returned the game. I beat Blood borne and thought it was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbit View Post
    I played either Demon Souls or Dark Souls for like 10 minutes. I gave up and returned the game. I beat Blood borne and thought it was fun.
    Same here, minus the playing Bloodborne part.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Finished DOOM, still trying to run through and grab some things to 100% it, but I've already started Borderlands the Pre-sequel and Grim Dawn.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

I'm mainly playing Street Fighter V right now, namely to get good with Urien.
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

Messing around with Payday 2 with the new update, though it's frustrating that the new difficulty and weapon changes have made all my usual weapons complete garbage. Hilariously it seems like the new meta is the chivalry weapon pack stuff, out with the heavy rifles and shotguns, in with the crossbows!

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Been playing Paper Mario: Color Splash. Pretty decent game so far. Don't understand why it got so much hate pre-release.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Finished Gun on PS2. Semi-open-world cowboy-themed 3rd person shooter. Came out in the same window as Red Dead Revolver and got called a rip-off despite being the better game (yeah, whatever, Rockstar's efforts didn't get good before Redemption). Story's simple enough - your father's killed, gold is involved, go figure it out from there - but it's well told, takes interesting turns and is well-acted across the board (any time Lance Henriksen gets villain duties, you're in good hands). Shooting feels solid, even with some strange controls (click L3 to reload?) and the generous aim-assist that's justified by how often you'll be shooting dudes off horses. The weapon selection leaves a little to be desired - having 'rifle' and 'sniper rifle' as two different classes feels arbitrary, especially given both have a zoom and neither are automatic. There's also little point in ever re-equipping an older weapon since the latest one is invariably the best. The open world isn't that big and only spiced up by occasional bandit attacks, but the side missions available are fun, taking in pony express deliveries, sheriff and marshal work, ranch-handling and hunting. And a poker tourney, but I'm terrible at cards so knickers to that. And the whole thing still looks quite nice. I mean, it's PS2 so it's all relative, but there's little in the way of pop-up or fade-in, a good draw distance, and character models still look good up close. I like this one, is what I'm saying.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

So I've been having some insomnia recently, which means that I've been kiiinda buying stuff off Amazon and PSN while severely sleep deprived, which means I am now seriously considering a moratorium on buying games until I recurve and complete at least Persona 5 in February of 2017, by which point I hope to have also completed Pirate Warriors 3, Phantasy Star Nova, Fate/Extella, and World of Final Fantasy on my Vita, as well as Folklore and Tales of Vesperia on my PS3. Also, figure out how to install Dolphin on my laptop so that I could give Xenoblade Chronicles a go without borrowing my cousin's Wii, hopefully using the HD textures.

Phantasy Star Nova and Tales of Vesperia are both in Japanese, which will give me a good excuse to brush up on that and hopefully be able to start importing more games, which is basically the best way to maximize the usefulness of my Vita.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

The Dragon Quest Builders Demo is actually quite surprisingly good. I doubt that it will be as extensive as Minecraft is, but it looks like it will likely be more accessible and fun for a single player than the original flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Well, after pulling my PS2 out of storage, and getting nothing but DREs, I opened it up cleaned it up, and got the thing to run...for about 5 minute before it died forever. Dammit. So after pulling my OTHER model of PS2 out of storage, and getting nothing but DREs, I figured out how to tilt it just right to make it actually play. Sort of. Sometimes. When it feels like it. And it looks awful, damn HDTVs. So I'm pulling my old TV out of storage, hopefully without any further problems. The point of all this is I'm currently playing Gungrave. Probably.
    Whelp, the saga continues. I went and bought another PS2, which works fine. Gungrave is awesome.
    Then my console overheated, and stopped reading memory cards. Tanfastic. I'm seriously considering the benefits of emulation.

So I finished Quantum Theory and it was...okay. Lot of ups and downs. Mechanically it never exceeds being a naked Gears clone, and given I'm no Gearhead to begin with that's not a great way to start. It's got the cover system, annoying crouch-sprint and giganto shoulders of Epic's work down pat, though it doesn't have quite their flair for dramatic pacing. Worse, someone thought they could spice things up with platforming, which wouldn't work well IF they gave you a proper jump...which they didn't, leaving you to use the typical 'combat roll' as a means of covering insta-death drops onto moving platforms at weird angles. This will inevitably kill you more than the enemies will. I do like the uses of your AI partner though, both for a timed chain melee attack (easily the strongest attack you can throw at most baddies) and for throwing her. Like, straight-up throwing her like a grenade, except instead of explosions she causes knifemurder. It's delightful, and the fact that the game deprives you of it so much is a tragedy. Visually it's...sort of okay. Runs well, but it should do since it rarely feels like it's taxing the tech. I do quite like the level design and how it reflects the story: you spend most of your time inside an elaborate tower that's basically a sealed culture room for forced evolution, one that's being ravaged by 'diablosis' which is basically cancer. So there's a swinging balance between elegant gold pillars and stained glass windows vs. wet black spiky creepiness. Unfortunately, beyond the visual clues, trying to parse the story is a nightmare. There's a lot of interesting mythology behind the world but the majority is sealed away behind hidden knickknacks and never brought up in dialogue, so you wind up feeling lost as you're stuck dealing with at least 3 different enemy factions that all hate each other. What's the difference between a Gillskin and a Stillborn? Why do Nosferatu hate them? Why is there this one thing just called 'Fear'? I can offer guesses at best. Blargh.

Since the other stuff on rotation has been slow going, I've slotted in Painkiller: Hell and Damnation. I've been meaning to play Painkiller for, what, nearly 10 years now? First impressions are that it's basically Serious Sam: Halloween Edition. I'm down for that.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

In the wake of Civilization VI hype, I play my old Civilization V again. Can't wait for the official release. The multiple leaders for civ is back, baby!
    ꦩꦒ꧀ꦤꦺꦠꦺꦴ ꦩꦺꦩꦁ ꦧꦼꦤꦂ

I just finished Dragon Age Inquisition. A great return to form, I really enjoyed it. I'm gonna finally dive into Fallout 4.
    Life is but a dream