Page 71 of 179 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2679
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I'm playing World of Final Fantasy on my Vita. It's pretty good, but it doesn't feel quite properly optimized for the Vita, and the male lead feels like what you would get if Roxas was possessed by Gilligan.

Really, its very much like what would happen if you have Teddy from Persona 4 the role of the primary deuteragonist, but didn't have Atlus-level writers on hand to make him properly nuanced and not just gesticulating idiot. I'm hoping that he gets better later on, because I'm finding him borderline unBEARable right now, and I'm getting annoyed at everyone else for picking on him for being an idiot. The weird thing is, he wasn't nearly as bad in the intro, whes just being a friendly barista.

Finished Painkiller: Hell & Damnation. Finished it far too quickly, if you ask me; there's about 16 levels, but individually they're all pretty short, and the boss stages are of course just the boss in his arena and nothing else. So that's my main criticism right off the bat. But of course, that wouldn't be an issue if I wasn't enjoying myself - and I was! Painkiller is unashamedly old-school in the best sort of ways. Each level - though all visually distinct, running through modern urban locations, Renaissance cathedrals, medieval villages etc. - follows the same pattern of a series of large 'arenas' where multi-wave battles happen, connected by more sparsely-populated corridors to catch your breath in. Enemies are low on AI, simply heading right for you and attacking when in range, but they've got numbers on their side, and the further you go the more types are mixed in, from Jason and the Argonauts skeletons to sword-throwing Chinese armoured dudes to floating reapers to those weird monks whose double-axes have a smoking brazier that emits toxic fumes. Also some who are bloody enormous. All you've got going for you are some really cool guns. Every single one has 2 fire settings, ranging from the obvious (would sir like to fire a single metal bolt, or six at once?) to the pretty fun (why have a rocket launcher and a chaingun if you can have both on 1 weapon?) to the ridiculous (a drum-fed machinegun that spits shurikens instead of bullets...and also chain lightning). Ammo isn't scarce but battles can go on long enough that you'll have to switch guns repeatedly instead of just favouring one. Mercifully every single one is useful to some degree. Visually, it's well-designed but technically subpar, with some very noticable tearing in the level furniture and weird shuddering whenever a cutscene occurs. Oh, yeah, and there's a plot in there too, albeit not a very deep one. You're in Purgatory and Death lost a bet, so now he wants you to remurder 7,000 demons and claim their souls so he can rebalance his checkbook. That's actually a funny conceit, but even with a lead character sporting the voice of Duke Nukem the game doesn't quite manage to play things broadly enough for guaranteed belly laughs. Still, all that said, Painkiller gets a happy stamp of approval. In blood.

Next, going back in time to Call of Duty 3. I'm very familiar with the more recent entries but the earlier games in the series passed me by. First impressions are...it's basically how I remember modern CoD, honestly, just with a Saving Private Ryan skin on top.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

It being Halloween last night, I finally got around to playing the Outlast 2 demo. I really enjoyed the original game a lot, and this seems to be more of the same. Can't say it showed anything super impressive(the cornfield was neat, but it was very easy to just end up hugging the fences at the edge of the level) but I'm still looking forward to it's full release next year. Picked up Dead By Daylight, which i've had my eye on for a while, after the official Halloween DLC came out. Haven't booted it up yet but i'll probably mess around with it a little tonight.

I completed the main campaign of Dragon Quest VII 3DS. There's some post-game content I could do, but after spending over 60 hours on the game, I'm ready to move on. Or rather, back to another game in my backlog.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Playing Uncharted 3 on PS3. I had the HD remaster on PS4 , but the controller deal was shoddy weirdly. Like you couldn't get young Nate to walk right. Anyhow I traded it in for Marvel Super-Heroes on PS4 as I thought ...why do I need a remaster for ? I have all 3 Uncharted games on PS3. Later on I'll get the game and possibly a better controller for it lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I just recieved my EverDriver gba cart and play <Ninja five-O> again, it's a cool game and last time i beat it through is 10 years before!
    Nick.Kuh, Chinese retro gamer and mortal kombat kollector.

Owlboy until Dishonored 2 comes out.

BANNED

I'm curently playing Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide and it's very hard. I spend 2,5 hours on it so far and i played it at easy defficulty and i couldn't past a single level and i couldn't accomplish a single quest... there was a whatever castle in the map as DLC so i bought it too to see if it's as difficult as the main game... and it was... i made it to the end of the level though... (may be i can even past the DLC level next time ) the Vermin Ogre and those armored vermins are just so difficult to kill. Aspecially The Vermin Ogre... if i didn't have a health kit or potion cause i left with so little health afterwards i was pretty much screwed :/ and you can only carry one health kit or potion, if you can find one... :/ once you heard the horn, those vermins were coming from doors, windows, sewers everywhere... so hard to kill so many. I got some Exp at each try and i got even a level (i'm level 1 now, yay...) i hope this will help. I play as Empire Soldier, if i can't past the level in my next 5 or 6 try or something, i will probably quit the game cause i will probably get bored and decide it's just too hard for me.
    Last edited by Batarang; 11-08-2016 at 02:07 PM.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Obsessed with Animal Crossing New Leaf again thanks to the update. Also playing Mario Party: Star Rush. My 3DS is gonna be getting quite a workout this month between these two and the upcoming Pokemon games.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Extraordinary Member

Started playing OverWatch I find the game extremely fun but way overated in certain areas. You can't really brag about being a competitive game with chars like Bastion who're basically built to camp and spam gunfire. Junkrat is pretty bad too imo no real hard counter to that character. Also a lot of blind spots, like someone can be right behind you and you won't see them.

But I do pretty well with Soldier 76 anyway still having lots of fun on it.

I've been playing The Secret World.
    Almost done with Kingsmouth.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Started playing OverWatch I find the game extremely fun but way overated in certain areas. You can't really brag about being a competitive game with chars like Bastion who're basically built to camp and spam gunfire. Junkrat is pretty bad too imo no real hard counter to that character. Also a lot of blind spots, like someone can be right behind you and you won't see them.

But I do pretty well with Soldier 76 anyway still having lots of fun on it.
    Bastion only dominates in low level uncoordinated PUG play, anything at higher levels requires specific comps and good positioning and he still gets hard countered by several classes or a team with decent coordination

Junkrat's hard countered by anything with decent range, a half decent Pharah will make his life a living Hell.

Will start playing Dishonored 2 as soon as the downloads finished

Played a little over 40 hours of Dead By Daylight, I like it quite a bit but it's not without it's problems, though to be fair balancing an asymmetrical multiplayer game is way more complicated then a symmetrical one.

Anybody try and get one of those NES classics that came out today? Sat outside a gamestop for an hour only to find out they got 4 in(I was about 9th in line), disappointed but can't say I didn't expect that to happen, Nintendo has always been real bad about meeting demand.

trying to do a companion-based playthrough of fallout 4 but the AI is so awful

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Bastion only dominates in low level uncoordinated PUG play, anything at higher levels requires specific comps and good positioning and he still gets hard countered by several classes or a team with decent coordination

Junkrat's hard countered by anything with decent range, a half decent Pharah will make his life a living Hell.

Will start playing Dishonored 2 as soon as the downloads finished
    Yeah I started playing the comp matches and see ppl don't use him much in there. Also learning a lot of counters to chars. Junkrat is best dealt with long or med range even countered his burst a couple times now.

But still those 2 chars are pretty bad imo lol.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 11-13-2016 at 07:33 PM.