Page 77 of 180 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2688

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Took a break from all the guns to complete Batman Arkham Knight, in which you spend a lot of time using Batman's car to shoot guns at stuff. Uhhhh. Oh. and when I say 'complete' I mean like 85% complete. I've done the main story and all sidequests except the Riddler stuff, because I gave up on his boring fetch-quests about halfway through Arkham City and never looked back. The fact that he's now stretching the definition of 'riddle' to include subterranean racetracks tells me I was exactly right, so sorry Catwoman, I'm done with Nygma's little temper tantrums. Beyond that rubbish, it's more Arkham, which is good, but the sense of familiarity hurts it a little bit. The combat and stealth bits are great, but they're great in basically the same way they always were, and the attempts to freshen them up just add a few unnecessary steps of extra busywork. The level of detail in the environments is stunning, but again, I expect that. Plus, as with all the games post-Asylum, the open world setting is more a hindrance than a help. This Gotham is admittedly far more vibrant and alive than in City or Origins but its meandering streets don't hold a candle to the Asylum's tight-as-BDSM-braces construction. The familiarity also extends to the plot, not just because it wastes every other villain appearance in favour of more Joker guff (I like Mark Hamill as much as any right-thinking person but the clown's been the centrepiece of all 4 of these games), but because it has some excellent moments but a terrible overall arc and pacing. This isn't helped by the game's weird tendency to insist you take a break from preventing Scarecrow committing a city-wide chemical attack in favour of beating up some Penguin thugs who're dealing in stolen guns or whatever. Get your goddamn Bat-priorities in check, Alfred. Not exactly keen on how the game treats women, either, between Catwoman and Oracle as kidnap victims, Poison Ivy dying to almost no reaction and Harley Quinn...well she's a hopeless case at the best of times, so never mind. Still, there are some terrific moments in here, and like always, Rocksteady know that making you nominally play through the major story beats rather than turning them into cutscenes always makes them hit home harder. And there's a definite sense of satisfaction every time you return to the GCPD and see how the cells are filling up with crims. I didn't even mind the Batmobile that much, though some of the latter drone battles drag on way too long, and that one driving-based boss fight with Arkham Knight and his enormo-drill machine can go perish in fire forever. Overall...you probably bought this like 2 years ago. Who cares?
    Playing through this right now. Batmobile is definitely ruining it for me.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Spent the last couple of months replaying Uncharted 1-3 (thanks to the PS4 Uncharted Collection), and then finally dove into Uncharted 4: A Thief's End for the first time. So damn good! Fun, great story, great voice acting, and gorgeous as always. I hope Naughty Dog comes back to this series eventually, they definitely left some hooks in there both before and in the epilogue. As much as I'd miss playing as Nate, it'd be fun to see Cassie take the lead in the franchise moving forward (if it does move forward).
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

Old School Runescape
    Pokemon Moon

Currently very early in Resident Evil 7. They spend a lot of time setting the tone of the game, and I think they do a very good job of it.

Fantastic Member

I started another RE5 campaign with my wife. Our 360 Slim HD recently died and so we lost some game data. RE5 and RE6 are the only games she's played with me in all the years we've been married.

I tired out Tomb Raider on the PS3, that my son borrowed from a friend. I like the exploration and platforming a lot. But the battle ... bit too much for me. Kind of wish more games had gore filters. So I dunno if I am going to continue playing that.

Dragon Age Inquisition. Realized I hadn't played any of the DLC I bought, so started a new play through. Man, forgot how tedious the beginning is.

Titanfall 2 and Pokemon Sun.

For Honor...... so its visually stunny but the gameplay gets old quick

Batman: The Telltale Series - Pleasantly surprised by this one, Telltale has been a mixed bag over the past few years(Tales from the Borderland was amazing, but Walking Dead Season 2 fell flat after Episode 3 and Game of Thrones just kinda sucked) so I waited for this one to both finish and go on a decent sale. Not to much to say other then I enjoyed their takes on the characters like Harvey Dent and Penguin, their twists on some of the batman mythos, and that the main antagonist isn't the same old same old like the Arkham games.

SUPERHOT - Only about an hour into this one so far, but after REALLY liking the game jam demo from years ago...I'm kind of disappointed. The gameplay itself is still very good, but I just have no interest in the weird story stuff they are trying interject, it just keeps getting in the way. I would have rather just had a giant list of levels to go through for this one honestly.

Probably gonna start The Witness after this while waiting for the RE7 DLC to finally come out on PC.

Tales of Xillia 2 - Don't enjoy it as much as the first but I do like some of the new features they added. I'm also happy that Muzet and Gaius became party members. They're a lot of fun.

Assassin's Creed : Unity - Absolutely LOVE this game so far. The story, characters, side-quests, the French Revolution setting...I'm having a blast playing it.

Amazing Member

I've been dabbling with my new Playstation VR but mainly NHL 17. Waiting on the last DLC pack for WWE 2K17 too.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Aside from little (but yeah, actually cool because I'm hooked) hidden object games (Hidden City: Mystery Of Shadows (PC)), I got back to Darksiders II (X360). Way better than the original, and I liked that one too.

[PROTOTYPE]
    That Elizabeth Green is harder now than she was before, and I'm playing on easy. I feel like a newcomer to the game again.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

The strangely titled BERSERK and the Band of the Hawk, which well, if you've ever played a musou game before, you know exactly what this game is.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

I'm on the last 20% or so of Tales of Berseria. Been a great ride so far; probably shaping up to be my second favorite game in the series after Abyss.

I'll probably take a break after that until I can secure a Switch, then I'll get on board the Breath of the Wild train.