Page 83 of 180 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2691

Surfing from Gwent wave i started playing some Witcher 3, PS4.

Funny story about that, i bought it like at least 2 years ago and before the last week end my game time on that game was still of zero lol.

But man, fine game so far, fine game. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Solid world, solid characters, solid voice acting, somewhat solid gameplay (meh) and solid visual.

And it's very newcomers friendly, as someone who hasn't played any witcher stuff beside the card games i didn't feel lost or confuse.

Just finished BoxBoxBoy. It didn't get that challenging until the last 2 levels, but maybe that's because I already played the original BoxBoy. I think I'll wait a while before picking up ByeByeBoxBoy.

I love the games, but I'm not too fond of the naming scheme.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Finally picked up Horizon: Zero Dawn in the wake of the DLC announcement, both a very beautiful game and one with an engaging story I'm already invested in, plus the machines are incredibly well designed. It is basically Merida from Brave vs Transformers but I'm loved every minute so far.

3 more for the shooter pile.

TimeSplitters - The O.G. Only ever played TimeSplitters 2 before, and this one...is substantially worse in basically every way. Which I guess makes sense, but when I saw 'worse', I mean it's lacking in detail and content to the point of feeling like the beta or early access version of its sequel. Admittedly, the splitscreen setup is still formidable enough, with a pretty good collection of levels, most of 2's weapons, a good number of available bots and a varied if generic collection of modes. But the menu layout is counter-intuitive - I'm pretty sure there's meant to be a level editor but I'm buggered if I could find the thing - character selection is more limited, and single player modes...man, they might as well not exist. There's an Arcade mode that's really Challenge mode from 2 but much smaller and less interesting, and the Story mode...isn't. There is no story presented here. No cutscenes, no narration, not even a screen of flavour text before each mission. You literally learn more about what's going on from the blurb on the back of the box than the game itself. Not to mention each level is the same; basically a one-man capture the bag round where you dash through an MP map, fight off enemies that spawn in at prearranged positions as you go, grab a thing (it changes each stage) and take the thing to the goal zone. Repeat 9 times to hit the credits. No ending, just credits. Even after all that, I can't say I hated the game - it's still TimeSplitters and has the same old chunky, speedy appeal - but man, Free Radical must've skimmed 5 months off their deadline to get this thing out.

Unreal Tournament - PS2 port. Another plotless wonder, so, not much to say about story. Which is a bit of a shame because there's a lot to be mined from Tournament's crazy far-future gladiatorial combat setup that was largely ignored in UT3's bland revenge plot. I found myself not caring in the moment, though, since it seems UT hits exactly the right shooter sweet spot for me. Full sprint at all times, actually useful jump, meaty-feeling guns with lots of different uses, clever level designs, and a nice, clean feeling of retro simplicity behind it all. In lieu of a story there are 5 separate 'ladders' to complete, covering Deathmatch, Domination, Capture the Flag, Assault and a final challenge one against special opposition. The modes are self-explanatory - Domination is a take-and-hold control zone deal - and are simple enough to get into, except Assault. That's the one where one team is 'attacking' and has to fulfil a short list of objectives while the other team tries to stop them. Unfortunately UT doesn't much care for your wussy 'communication' and so never actually tells what the objectives are, so your first several (dozen) tries on each map are simply testing the waters to try and figure out what you're meant to be doing. That and the framerate sometimes taking a dive when things get proper busy hurts it a bunch, but I was still delighted overall.

Wolfenstein: The New Order - The badass E3 trailer for The New Colossus reminded me I never finished this one, which is weird, because it's also right up my alley. Keeping the hero and enemies from its predecessors and almost nothing else, The New Order takes BJ Blaszcowicz out of a WW2 the Allies badly lost and into a 1960 where the Third Reich covers all of Europe. In broad strokes the story is overly familiar - you'll escape from confinement, join a scrappy resistance movement, and undertake a series of daring espionage missions to strike back at the monolithic Nazi war machine. What elevates it is the sheer attention to detail. Every character could have been left as a talking thumbnail, yet nearly everyone you speak to acts with a sense of history; even if they don't have their own little story to tell, they'll have some quirk about them that gives them unusual depth. Even BJ himself, behind the face carved with an angle grinder and voice that...sounds like an angle grinder, feels like an actual living human, albeit one with a crippling addiction for Nazi murder. Speaking of them, another thing I love is that rather than simply use 'Nazi' as a shorthand like most games do - where they're presented as simple wannabe world conquerors, putting them on the same evil tier as Cobra Commander - The New Order goes out of its way to show you just how awful the Nazis were. All their named characters are fascinating grotesques, the in-game fiction tells of their 'triumphant' abolishment of all history that disagrees with them, and stuff like the prison camp chapter are dedicated to how they treat those they feel better than, which is, of course, utterly dehumanizing and revolting. Good news that behind all the story stuff you've got a small but fun selection of beefy firearms (all of them dual-wield compatible!) to kill them with, and an understated in-game perk system that unlocks new skills based on what you're doing. I.e. spend a lot of time sneaking around knifing guys, you unlock silent knife throwing. Play Rambo and pop heads like it's going out of fashion for steady hands and faster reloading. The New Order is heaps of fun, and now I'm off to start The Old Blood.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

I'm going back and playing Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages. I never got to play the Oracle games when they were new, and haven't played a Zelda game at all since Spirit Tracks killed my enthusiasm for the series, but I just caught myself in that mood for the authentic Gameboy Color experience. It's fantastic, I remember why I once thought Zelda could do no wrong. Presumably I'll go from this into Oracle of Seasons.

BANNED

ZombieTsunami

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Just got some PS2 games in the mail

Art of Fighting Anthology
    Capcom vs SNK 2
    Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
    Street Fighter Alpha Anthology

SPIDER-MAN 3 (PSP)
    It's the PS2 game, with lower graphics and faster animation, but I guess many of you know that already.
    Swinging is exhilarating albeit being flawed in a funny manner (web swinging from a car), other mechanics are shoddy and underdeveloped. Still, I enjoy this game, and am unable to like it less than I did a decade ago.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Old World Blues.
    Last edited by fandumb; 06-29-2017 at 02:17 PM.

BANNED

I just got into Fallout New Vegas this week. The game itself doesn't blow me away as much as the world does. I had heard of Fallout before but I didn't bother to try it. Thanks to the Fallout mash-up pack for Minecraft piquing my interest. I love this idea of a post-nuclear-apocalyptic world with a 1950's science fiction movie vibe.

Been playing lot of Android Netrunner on the Jinteki webpage lately.

Love that freaking game, so well done.

Been on an old school kick lately, so LOTS of Outrun (Mega Drive) and Burgertime Deluxe (Gameboy Color).
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Getting most use out of my PSPgo atm

X-MEN: Legends II
    Phantasy Star Portable
    Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
    Darkstalkers
    Gran Turismo

And I hacked it so I'm running alot of Capcom arcade games too

Marvel vs Capcom 1
    X-MEN vs Street Fighter
    X-MEN Children of the Atom
    Alien vs Predator
    Knights of the Round Table
    The Punisher
    Cadillacs and Dinosaur
    Dungeons and Dragons

And some PSX games I'm running on PSPgo

Jet Moto 2
    MegaMan Legends
    MegaMan X4
    Rival Schools
    Lunar 2
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 07-07-2017 at 04:43 PM.

Don't Starve. I have not been able to get past day four yet.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

For PS4: Horizon Zero Dawn. Stupid name, great game. I wish that the game had a mini-map though (since her Focus would give the perfect in-game excuse for one) and sometimes the faces are a bit too much into the uncanny valley, but its still excellent. My only actual complaint would be that the map is a lot smaller than it looks, and I hope that any sequels take the opportunity to expand it and therefore put in more Tallnecks, Banuk Figurines, and Cauldrons.

For PS3: Did a quick run through of Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day to show my brother-in-law that it really is as ultra-weird as I said it was, then tried out Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. It was my first Far Cry game, and I'm loving the aesthetic and tongue-in-cheek...everything, but after playing Horizon for so long my fingers kept getting me killed.

For PS Vita: I finished off Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (Cross Buy with the PS3 and PS4 versions), and it was extremely well done. I'm now playing Ys: Origins (Cross Buy with the PS4 version), and while its pretty good, I kinda wish they zoomed the window in on the handheld version, considering how small the sprites are There was some slowdown in the first boss, but I haven't noticed any in the next 3. My big nitpick is that it has the same issue as some other Vita games, where you can't open the Vita's native settings menu while its running, so I have to either exit the game or used wired earbuds whenever my Bluetooth headset unsynchs from it (ie: when I put it to sleep). I am getting murdered by the fourth boss, and will have to figure out what I'm doing wrong since its still just Normal difficulty.

PC: Just installed The Beginner's Guide, and will probably give that, LiEat, and Suits: A Business RPG a go later this week.