Page 87 of 180 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2691

As of now, only Destiny 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    None of my friends are into video games outside very casual madden or NBA live here and there.So I only did 2 of the raids but i had to use a LFG app. If your on XB1 let me know if you find a good clan. I think they said raids will have matchmaking now but thats gonna be a double edged sword.
    They have guided games but not sure if they are fully implemented yet. It's different than match making but I'm not exactly sure how yet since it's only in the beta for the guided games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    They have guided games but not sure if they are fully implemented yet. It's different than match making but I'm not exactly sure how yet since it's only in the beta for the guided games.
    Sounds like it matchmaking but you have to be in a clan to host. Kinda like a rushing party in a fraternity/Sorotity to get ppl to play with you and join your clan. From what i read i havent tried it yet

Just finished up NieR Automata. Properly finished, I mean. Or I think I did, at least. Plenty of stuff still going over my head even with multiple endings. Still a fantastic piece of work, though. There's a great sense of atmosphere in its abandoned future Earth thanks to the carefully faded colour palette and haunting music, and the open world is big but not so big it becomes a chore to get around (though a fast travel option unlocks soon enough). There's a ton of subquests to divert yourself with, not to mention a massive pile of extra weapons to equip, plus the deep 'chip' skill system that lets you customise your character in ways beneficial to all sorts of different styles of play...but mercifully, Automata is more action game than RPG. In fact, it almost seems to malfunction as an RPG, as trying to grind EXP and power-level yourself generally backfires; enemies are invariably scaled in relation to the player, so the tougher you get, the tougher they get, no matter where you go. Plus of course, the combat itself is, well, it's a Platinum Games joint. It should surprise no-one to hear it's a lot like Bayonetta, since that seems to be their default now. Playing as 2B or A2 lets you alternate between light and heavy attacks for better combos, while 9S loses one of his attack buttons in favour of his hacking power, which forces you to beat a quick top-down 2D shooter in order to trash or take control of enemies. And you'll have to get damn good with bullet hell gameplay because you'll be doing that a lot. That is likely the worst thing about the game; it's got great ideas, but keeps coming back to those ideas to the point where they lose their effectiveness, both as gameplay refreshers and as narrative attractions. Oh, and the story is...grand and deep and, to be honest, often confusing as hell, but full of amazing twists and moments of heartbreaking pathos, all of it supported and enhanced by the player's interaction. Automata is that rare thing, a videogame story that could not work in any medium besides videogames.

And yes, I totally chose to erase my save file at the end. Because I am a charitable person, dammit.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Just bought the original Crash Bandicoot. 20 bucks... but on amazon its like 100 And just beat Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage for the first time. A game I played a lot as a kid. One of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle.

This is an odd game, even by Mario and Rabbids standards. It's an XCOM style tactical RPG with a really warped sense of humor. It's a little toned down from the average Rabbids game, but has a little more pizzazz than most Mario games.
    Finished this one. Currently making my way through Metroid: Samus Returns on my 3DS.

Some Neverwinter.

Halfling warlock, just because.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Trying to finish Walking Dead : New Frontier , episode #3 was a glitched fucking mess of a game. With glitches and more its a mess that Telltale should have fixed. Episode #4 itself crashes. But before they released this game , it should have been fixed fully.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Finished up the main story bits of Destiny 2 last night. Thus far, a few niggles aside this has been the best experience I've had with Destiny to date. Mostly everything that worked before still works now: combat mechanics are silky-smooth but still carry a certain heft, the designs of the various sandboxes are excellent, you gain upgrades and better gear at an impressively fast rate so the grinding doesn't feel like a slog, there's a mountain of tweakable stats under the hood but everything boils down to big, simple numbers, etc. The main difference is entirely the story, which isn't anything shocking or original but it IS coherent and meaningful enough to add context to what you're doing, which papers over the big problem with Destiny and games like it. The grind is the game, but the grind only gets good once you're at a high-enough level that you find cool loot regularly. When you're new to the game, weak, and finding mostly a load of bland garbage, it's tough to stay engaged. By framing its early days with a big-deal quest, Destiny 2 makes you care long enough to get to the real fireworks. It does nice work fleshing out the cast as well; I couldn't tell you the names of even half the people giving you quests in the first game, but can identify and explain basically everyone who talks this time around. And again, that helps with the grind, since I'm a lot happier doing even the most basic-ass item retrieval patrol if it's framed by Asher shouting made-up science and calling me 'minion'. That aside there are some mechanical tweaks of note. Weapon segregation has changed from regular/special/heavy to kinetic/energy/power, with kinetic (regular bullets) and energy (element damage) sharing the same types of gun, and shotguns demoted to power category. Subclasses have been given a facelift and more manageable skill trees - speaking as a dedicated Hunter, I still think Gunslinger is the best overall thanks to good grenade options and improved throwing knife, but Arcstrider has the best special attack and Nightstalker is...fine, I guess. Maps are better-detailed and easier to access in-game, and each sandbox now has multiple landing points (except maybe Titan but it's laterally the smallest) that work as fast travel locations too. And public events are much improved; not only are they more frequent, more varied, and actually shown on the map, but each one has a special victory condition that changes them into a tougher 'heroic' event offering better rewards. All that said, I've still got issues. The transition of shaders from reusable all-over body palettes into single-use boons that affect only a single armour piece is needlessly fiddly and exists only to nudge the player toward Eververse and its microtransactions, which is obviously bullshit. The enemy AI still leaves a lot to be desired, especially the way they'll immediately forget you and run back to their starting points if you move through the entry to a separate area, letting you just stand safely in the door and cap them in the back. And for some insane reason the game doesn't give you a Sparrow until you're finished the story. Sure, you might win one from a Bright Engram before then (keyword 'might'), and yes I just mentioned fast travel (the game on the other hand does NOT mention it), but these are some very big maps to navigate, and you'll be doing a lot of it on foot. Not ideal. Still, Destiny 2 works real good, and this time I'm putting serious thought into maybe trying a Raid...maybe.

Also finished Yakuza Kiwami. That's the fancy modern-tech remake of the first Yakuza, letting you enjoy the old story without having to put up with (among other things) the fixed camera angles that made navigating V1 Kamurocho a pain in the arse. Beyond that, well, Yakuza doesn't innovate hugely between instalments, so the worldmap and side activities remain the same as they've been since likely before my addiction to the series. Mach Bowl, the batting cages, Purgatory, hostess joints, it's all there and unchanged. As ever, I'm here for the story, and it's pretty good but tends to hobble itself with unwanted distractions. There's whole chapters dedicated to folly like Date trying to reconnect with his daughter and Kiryu taking Haruka to a gambling parlour (SHE'S TEN YEARS OLD, WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU IDIOT), which accomplish nothing besides kill the momentum of the 10-billion-yen theft and Tojo Clan power moves that actually matter. Should've just been left as substories. Ignoring those, it's highly advised you play Yakuza 0 first, if only for the added background on many of the players here, especially Nishikiyama. There's great drama mined from his little brother complex, and it helps to see how he was back in less trying times first. The real star of the show, though, is once again Goro Majima, and he's barely even part of the story. Instead, he interrupts your game through the new 'Majima Everywhere' system, and man, they're not joking about everywhere. Majima wandering the streets for random encounters is one thing, but he can potentially interrupt side-attractions too, challenging you to bowls, photobombing your self-portraits, demanding fights because you skipped ahead of him at a burger bar (lies!), and just generally being a comedic nuisance. Repeated battles against Majima slowly unlock the cool parts of Kiryu's fourth fighting style, Dragon (complimenting the 3 carried over from Y0), so there's a decent reward for humouring this madman. The game also gives you an early-warning sensor if you'd rather avoid him, but then you'll miss all the fun stuff!
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Finished up the main story bits of Destiny 2 last night. Thus far, a few niggles aside this has been the best experience I've had with Destiny to date. Mostly everything that worked before still works now: combat mechanics are silky-smooth but still carry a certain heft, the designs of the various sandboxes are excellent, you gain upgrades and better gear at an impressively fast rate so the grinding doesn't feel like a slog, there's a mountain of tweakable stats under the hood but everything boils down to big, simple numbers, etc. The main difference is entirely the story, which isn't anything shocking or original but it IS coherent and meaningful enough to add context to what you're doing, which papers over the big problem with Destiny and games like it. The grind is the game, but the grind only gets good once you're at a high-enough level that you find cool loot regularly. When you're new to the game, weak, and finding mostly a load of bland garbage, it's tough to stay engaged. By framing its early days with a big-deal quest, Destiny 2 makes you care long enough to get to the real fireworks. It does nice work fleshing out the cast as well; I couldn't tell you the names of even half the people giving you quests in the first game, but can identify and explain basically everyone who talks this time around. And again, that helps with the grind, since I'm a lot happier doing even the most basic-ass item retrieval patrol if it's framed by Asher shouting made-up science and calling me 'minion'. That aside there are some mechanical tweaks of note. Weapon segregation has changed from regular/special/heavy to kinetic/energy/power, with kinetic (regular bullets) and energy (element damage) sharing the same types of gun, and shotguns demoted to power category. Subclasses have been given a facelift and more manageable skill trees - speaking as a dedicated Hunter, I still think Gunslinger is the best overall thanks to good grenade options and improved throwing knife, but Arcstrider has the best special attack and Nightstalker is...fine, I guess. Maps are better-detailed and easier to access in-game, and each sandbox now has multiple landing points (except maybe Titan but it's laterally the smallest) that work as fast travel locations too. And public events are much improved; not only are they more frequent, more varied, and actually shown on the map, but each one has a special victory condition that changes them into a tougher 'heroic' event offering better rewards. All that said, I've still got issues. The transition of shaders from reusable all-over body palettes into single-use boons that affect only a single armour piece is needlessly fiddly and exists only to nudge the player toward Eververse and its microtransactions, which is obviously bullshit. The enemy AI still leaves a lot to be desired, especially the way they'll immediately forget you and run back to their starting points if you move through the entry to a separate area, letting you just stand safely in the door and cap them in the back. And for some insane reason the game doesn't give you a Sparrow until you're finished the story. Sure, you might win one from a Bright Engram before then (keyword 'might'), and yes I just mentioned fast travel (the game on the other hand does NOT mention it), but these are some very big maps to navigate, and you'll be doing a lot of it on foot. Not ideal. Still, Destiny 2 works real good, and this time I'm putting serious thought into maybe trying a Raid...maybe.

Also finished Yakuza Kiwami. That's the fancy modern-tech remake of the first Yakuza, letting you enjoy the old story without having to put up with (among other things) the fixed camera angles that made navigating V1 Kamurocho a pain in the arse. Beyond that, well, Yakuza doesn't innovate hugely between instalments, so the worldmap and side activities remain the same as they've been since likely before my addiction to the series. Mach Bowl, the batting cages, Purgatory, hostess joints, it's all there and unchanged. As ever, I'm here for the story, and it's pretty good but tends to hobble itself with unwanted distractions. There's whole chapters dedicated to folly like Date trying to reconnect with his daughter and Kiryu taking Haruka to a gambling parlour (SHE'S TEN YEARS OLD, WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU IDIOT), which accomplish nothing besides kill the momentum of the 10-billion-yen theft and Tojo Clan power moves that actually matter. Should've just been left as substories. Ignoring those, it's highly advised you play Yakuza 0 first, if only for the added background on many of the players here, especially Nishikiyama. There's great drama mined from his little brother complex, and it helps to see how he was back in less trying times first. The real star of the show, though, is once again Goro Majima, and he's barely even part of the story. Instead, he interrupts your game through the new 'Majima Everywhere' system, and man, they're not joking about everywhere. Majima wandering the streets for random encounters is one thing, but he can potentially interrupt side-attractions too, challenging you to bowls, photobombing your self-portraits, demanding fights because you skipped ahead of him at a burger bar (lies!), and just generally being a comedic nuisance. Repeated battles against Majima slowly unlock the cool parts of Kiryu's fourth fighting style, Dragon (complimenting the 3 carried over from Y0), so there's a decent reward for humouring this madman. The game also gives you an early-warning sensor if you'd rather avoid him, but then you'll miss all the fun stuff!
    The shader change is a double edged sword for me. One i like that you can effect individual gear now and that some shaders add texture. Allows for more unique looks. Dont like that you are encouraged to by them now but as a dedicated player ive never spent a dime on eververse and have more shaders then ill ever use. You do find them with good rate.

All-New Member

Fifa 15 and Devil May CRY 4

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    The shader change is a double edged sword for me. One i like that you can effect individual gear now and that some shaders add texture. Allows for more unique looks. Dont like that you are encouraged to by them now but as a dedicated player ive never spent a dime on eververse and have more shaders then ill ever use. You do find them with good rate.
    You do, but ultimately I find having to equip one for each piece of gear individually is irritating - and since this is Destiny you're rarely wearing the same gear for long, instead swapping out to the latest piece you picked up that's got better stats...which means your shader work is suddenly gone. Gone for good most likely, since you'll have dismantled the no-longer-best gear it was attached to. Back in Destiny 1 I had a shader (don't recall which) that painted all my gear jet black and gave it a subtly-glowing neon blue trim. No matter what I wore, no matter how often I swapped bits out, I knew so long as I had that one piece equipped I'd look like I belonged in a TRON sequel and I was happy, dammit. No more.

On a different note: just finished Agents of Mayhem too. It's fine. In certain stretches, it's actually very good, but it never holds together well enough to maintain it. AoM lets you loose on an open-world, futuristic Seoul, tasked with stopping the evil LEGION terrorist unit from taking over the world and generally being evil, through a story that calls back to classic Saturday morning cartoons but doesn't know whether to be a parody or just a homage. The main story quest goes for 6-8 hours, but there's a dizzying amount of sub-tasks to be found in the city, from random soldier patrols to underground lairs all the way up to massive doomsday machines needing sorted out. To fight that, you've got a selection of 12 (or 13 including the day-one DLC guy) agents each sporting their own signature weapon, cooldown special move and fill-the-super-meter mega attack, plus various passive abilities to make them more distinct. The agents themselves are an eclectic bunch - some overtly jokey, others more serious - but they support a variety of playstyles and are smartly characterized. Unfortunately the game undersells them badly. First of all, LEGION sucks. They just...suck, mostly. Again, the game doesn't know if it wants to take the piss or not, so while we do get a couple memorable bosses (August Gaunt, a preening autotuned Justin Bieber lookalike using VR tech to mind control his fans, is a highlight), there's just as many weak ones, with main villain Doctor Babylon a particular disappointment. Not to mention their assortment of cannon fodder lack any real surprises (normal shooty ones, ground-pound ones, tank dudes, buffer dudes etc.) and every single underground lair - and you will go through so many underground lairs - look exactly the damn same, with what feels like maybe 3 slightly different layouts between them. Second major problem, for something with 'Mayhem' in the name the game seems determined to limit your ability to cause it. Maybe it's just the very familiar font making me think of Overwatch but so much of AoM's design feels influenced by MOBA standards even though it's a single player experience, and it's maddening. Why am I only allowed to bring 3 agents with me at a time, and why can't I change the line-up in the field? Why can't the agents learn new abilities as they progress, instead merely swapping out different 'perks'? Why can I only have one car to call in at a time even after I've unlocked more? In a multiplayer environment this stuff would make sense as a means of balancing everyone so nobody has an unfair advantage...but there's no-one else here so who am I being 'balanced' against? And lastly, there's the inescapable shadow of Saints Row looming over everything. AoM wants to trade off the Saints name so badly it ultimately backfires and hurts itself, as nearly everything the game does is better done there. AoM has a sandbox city, but SR had a more interesting city with more varied stuff to do in it. AoM gives you a generous triple jump and no fall damage to make getting around easier, but it just leaves you wishing for SR4's super glide jumps and wall-running. AoM has plenty flashes of wit, but SR just dumps all over it in that category. There are plenty worse games than Agents of Mayhem, true. But when there are also far better ones, that use the same tricks, from the same damn developer, I gotta ask - what's the point here?

Mainly rotate between Madden 18, Path of Exile, Forza 7, and Black Ops III.

Pankapu on the PS4 Pro
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Just started up Metroid: Samus Returns.

Still getting used to the controls, but I having lots of fun with it.

This is Samus done right.