Page 120 of 215 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 3224

not really keeping up on discussion, but from what I've read, both sides are kind of at fault for the conflict, as soon as the X-men find out that the cloud is about to infect everyone, they jump into action, not really giving the Inhumans a chance to do anything about the news before they're attacked. The X-Men could have gone to the Inhumans and requested help getting off world to someplace safe until a cure could be made or a new source of terrigen could be found. The Inhumans have been helping already moving Mutants out of the cloud's way. so I'm they would help. alternately, the Inhuman's could give up that part of culture and look for a new source of terrigen, which seems to take some super science to make more if the solicits are to be believed.

They could have framed it better and pointed out the ways to avoid conflict, which I think would have given the conflict a more dramatic theme about how two groups won't make a sacrifice for the other and favor their own propogation. could actually be quite relevant to the events happening today.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zolalnadia View Post
    not really keeping up on discussion, but from what I've read, both sides are kind of at fault for the conflict, as soon as the X-men find out that the cloud is about to infect everyone, they jump into action, not really giving the Inhumans a chance to do anything about the news before they're attacked. The X-Men could have gone to the Inhumans and requested help getting off world to someplace safe until a cure could be made or a new source of terrigen could be found. The Inhumans have been helping already moving Mutants out of the cloud's way. so I'm they would help. alternately, the Inhuman's could give up that part of culture and look for a new source of terrigen, which seems to take some super science to make more if the solicits are to be believed.

They could have framed it better and pointed out the ways to avoid conflict, which I think would have given the conflict a more dramatic theme about how two groups won't make a sacrifice for the other and favor their own propogation. could actually be quite relevant to the events happening today.
    That's probably the biggest thing I would say the X-men did wrong. But after seeing what the Royals did to Cyclops for touching a cloud, I can't really blame the X-men for not trusting the Inhumans on basically anything cloud-related.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Keep in mind we're not blaming them for anything that we haven't done in this world. Does that make everyone a murderer for every person that dies of a lung condition or cancer in the real world?
    Depends on the levels of pollution, doesn't it? Because countless corporations have been found liable for pollution

The cloud touches a mutant, they die. Pretty straight forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Because you're missing the point. Releasing the cloud was unpopular, and Medusa wasn't the one who did it and wasn't in favour of it. So it's unlikely it'd ever happen again.

Not to mention the terrigen is THEIR property.

Who are the X-Men to decided if they should get their property back?
    Unlikely to happen again, unless Maximus overthrows the family, as he's done so often. Or a villain unleashes it, etc.

More than that, the T-cloud is no longer than their property, when they released it into the atmosphere. They no more own it, than I own the air in Russia. Once it was released into the wild, that was it.

And no, a lack of ownership of the cloud does not mean they aren't responsible for it, especially when they defend it.

It's hard to look at the matter objectively in that things can get obscured by which specific side of the conflict one prefers...
    here are the facts:
    >The X-Men are justified in attacking because they're desperately running out of time.
    > McCoy made a critical error in not informing Medusa that the Terrigen was binding with the atmosphere (we still don't know what she would have done in light of this information.
    > The Inhumans of Attilan likely should have acted more proactively when they discovered the T-Cloud was poisonous to Mutants.
    > Black Bolt is ultimately culpable for the Mutant deaths from Terrigen Toxicity.
    >Storm is ultimately responsible for any innocent Inhumans who have perished in Limbo.
    > The X-Men were willing to put the whole world at risk to save their race; The Inhumans are willing to do the same.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    That's probably the biggest thing I would say the X-men did wrong. But after seeing what the Royals did to Cyclops for touching a cloud, I can't really blame the X-men for not trusting the Inhumans on basically anything cloud-related.
    He didn't 'touch' the cloud, he destroyed it.

The cloud is a huge part of their species. Let's not pretend that the X-Men don't respond with brutal force if someone messes with their race. Emma Frost snapped Cassandra Nova's neck, the X-Men were trying to kill the Scarlet Witch for ages, the X-Men fought the Avengers and let the earth be in danger of being blown up so the phoenix could come.

What the Inhumans did (in self defence) is hardly extreme or unwarranted.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Black Bolt was their recognized ruler, so yes his actions are the responsibility of his nation, just like Obama had to clean up after Bush.

More than that, the nation as a whole protected the cloud at the expense of mutants. Why risk that happening again?
    Black Bolt was deposed and banished as a result, so the Inhumans did deal with it. Beyond that, the Inhumans sought a scientific solution to M-Pox, whilst evacuating the endangered mutants. They also protected the terrigen mist which is essential to the furthering of their species, because of the initial assault of Fauxclops.
    And they did rightfully so since the X-Men are seeking only the destruction of said terrigen mist despite having the technical capacity to simply contain it.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sonic View Post
    It's hard to look at the matter objectively in that things can get obscured by which specific side of the conflict one prefers...
    here are the facts:
    >The X-Men are justified in attacking because they're desperately running out of time.
    > McCoy made a critical error in not informing Medusa that the Terrigen was binding with the atmosphere (we still don't know what she would have done in light of this information.
    > The Inhumans of Attilan likely should have acted more proactively when they discovered the T-Cloud was poisonous to Mutants.
    > Black Bolt is ultimately culpable for the Mutant deaths from Terrigen Toxicity.
    >Storm is ultimately responsible for any innocent Inhumans who have perished in Limbo.
    > The X-Men were willing to put the whole world at risk to save their race; The Inhumans are willing to do the same.
    This is where they differ greatly. The Inhumans will always seek non-violence resolution to conflict unless they've been pissed off. The X-Men almost always go for violence first.

There are clear parallels to show their different natures, the earth was toxic to Inhumans due to the pollute from the humans and the Inhumans chose to relocate to the moon and fix the problem and then returned.

The X-Men decided to avoid any non-violence solution and went straight for starting a race war.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Terrigenisis responds to the specific needs of the species, it doesn't allocate powers randomly like mutation do for mutants. That includes specific traits needed to ensure the survival of the Inhumans. Cutting off terrigenisis effectively dooms the Inhumans down the line. That was the hidden reason of detonating the terrigen bomb to begin with.
    So it might harm them in the future.

Might, because as we see with Daisy Johnson, they can get their abilities other ways.

Might, because they have advanced technology and standing army.

Might, because as we see with Karnak, they don't need mists to be bad ass.

Might, because they live on a planet that has kicked Galactus' rear

Meanwhile, mutants are dying now.

here are the facts:
    Yeah, I guess you're right. Both sides have been kinda, ok really, ok extremely, ok THE BIGGEST idiotic dicks about the whole thing.

Sure the X-Men have good reason not to trust them to just get rid of the cloud, but the Inhumans have been helping with trying to find a cure and protecting Mutants from the cloud. the whole thing could have been peacefully resolved by the X-Men tempeily relocating off planet (blue-side of the moon maybe) which the Inhumans would have likely helped with the excavation, and this would give Beast the time he needs to find a cure. or a new source of Terrigen.

Mighty Member

He didn't 'touch' the cloud, he destroyed it.

The cloud is a huge part of their species. Let's not pretend that the X-Men don't respond with brutal force if someone messes with their race. Emma Frost snapped Cassandra Nova's neck, the X-Men were trying to kill the Scarlet Witch for ages, the X-Men fought the Avengers and let the earth be in danger of being blown up so the phoenix could come.

What the Inhumans did (in self defence) is hardly extreme or unwarranted.
    It doesn't matter whether you think the Inhumans were right to muder 'Cyclops' or not. Seeing that was bound to make the X-men think that the Inhumans might not be super sympathetic when they hear mutants talk about having a problem with the cloud. Is that really that crazy? Which part are you having a problem with?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zolalnadia View Post
    Sure the X-Men have good reason not to trust them to just get rid of the cloud, but the Inhumans have been helping with trying to find a cure and protecting Mutants from the cloud. the whole thing could have been peacefully resolved by the X-Men tempeily relocating off planet (blue-side of the moon maybe) which the Inhumans would have likely helped with the excavation, and this would give Beast the time he needs to find a cure. or a new source of Terrigen.
    Or the whole thing could have been solved by simply getting rid of the cloud. There are lots of "if they had only done this" type of solutions. What good does it do to talk about them? Furthermore, I have a problem, in principal, with forcing a gassed minority out of their homes. The onus is NOT on the mutants to fix this, but they're going to, all the same.

This is where they differ greatly. The Inhumans will always seek non-violence resolution to conflict unless they've been pissed off. The X-Men almost always go for violence first.
    but that's not true. Following the events of Death of X, Beast went to New Attilan to try to develop a cure and Medusa and Storm acted to maintain a truce between the two parties.
    The X-Men went to war only after the discovery that they only had a short amount of time before the atmosphere became completely inhospitable to Mutant life.
    Plus, whereas the Inhuman were mostly congregated together and could relocate to the moon, mutants are dispersed all over the world and thousands would surely be left behind to die if the X-Men did evacuate the planet.

I'm the biggest Inhuman fan I know, but that doesn't extend to me seeing them as infallible.

but that's not true. Following the events of Death of X, Beast went to New Attilan to try to develop a cure and Medusa and Storm acted to maintain a truce between the two parties.
    The X-Men went to war only after the discovery that they only had a short amount of time before the atmosphere became completely inhospitable to Mutant life.
    Plus, whereas the Inhuman were mostly congregated together and could relocate to the moon, mutants are dispersed all over the world and thousands would surely be left behind to die if the X-Men did evacuate the planet.

I'm the biggest Inhuman fan I know, but that doesn't extend to me seeing them as infallible.
    The X-Men have cerebro, and a huge amount of mutants who can traverse the world including teleporters. Relocating the mutant species wouldn't be a huge undertaking for them given their resources.

Hell, even with Forge they could have created a safe barrier around their school that purifies the air instead they chose to move to a demon dimension.

I don't think they're infallible, I just don't see much of their behaviour as wrong in terms of this conflict.

It doesn't matter whether you think the Inhumans were right to muder 'Cyclops' or not. Seeing that was bound to make the X-men think that the Inhumans might not be super sympathetic when they hear mutants talk about having a problem with the cloud. Is that really that crazy? Which part are you having a problem with?
    Because it doesn't track, the Inhumans want the terrigen, the Inhumans weren't very fond of it being a cloud to begin with. Why would the Inhumans be against a plan that solves the mutant problem and gives them their terrigen back? It just doesn't make sense. It is literally giving both sides what they want, are you implying the Inhumans wouldn't be interested out of spite?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, no. You're being deliberately obtuse at this point.

The telepathic invasion of a mind is called mind rape because its closest comparison in the real world is rape. I cited that as an example of something we have in fiction, but not real life.
    Stop trying to connect the two. You're desparation of accusing inhumans as rapists along with them being murderers is so insane. It's a god damn fucking cloud that toxic to anyone with the X-gene.

I'm not being obtuse. I'm saying your comparison between genocide and rape makes no god damn sense.
    Last edited by AquaLantern; 01-23-2017 at 09:38 AM.