Page 215 of 215 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215
Results 3,211 to 3,224 of 3224
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    What happened with Gorgon's son, anyways? I missed that plot.
    Terrigenisis turned him into a bestial creature with diminished intelligence, limited mobility, and no powers to speak of
    Petras_Petragon_(Earth-616)_from_Inhumanity_Vol_1_1_002.jpg
    Last edited by TerminalSanity; 02-03-2017 at 08:14 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TerminalSanity View Post
    Terrigenisis turned him into a bestial creature with diminished intelligence, limited mobility, and no powers to speak of
    But...culture! Culture, man!

Okay, I'm not super-interested in whatever argument's being rehashed tonight, but if you're gonna bring Petras into it at least get the facts right.

He was exposed to the mists while Attilan was being evacuated during Infinity because his father freaked out at the idea of sending him through Eldrac to who knows where without having gone through terrigenesis. Unfortunately, at 9 years old he was exposed way too early so his transformation didn't turn out so well. All we actually know is that he had a pretty extreme physical transformation and maybe some speech issues deriving from it (the text used actually reminds me of what was being used for Gorgon from the last half of Silent War up through Realm of Kings so it's probably meant to be associated with Speaking Differently and not Limited Intelligence), and we have no idea how or if it affected his intelligence or mobility or if he has any other powers because he went missing for about a year basically right after that, and when they found him he wasn't doing that great physically due to his transformation so he was put on life support and was unconscious for his only other appearance thusfar. A healer was going to try to help him but that happened in the last issue of All-New Inhumans so we don't know yet how it turned out or how he's doing.

This has nothing to do with the cloud because it was in Attilan before the fall and they used one of the terrigen chambers, and probably nothing to do with bad genes because his sister went through the mists fine at 13 and his father went through the mists fine at some point too. The bad result seems to be mostly because he was too young so basically it's just Gorgon making a bad parenting decision and not a weak genetic line or something.

(also I think the problem with certain Inhumans being exposed to terrigenesis and not surviving comes down to the genes being diluted by centuries of breeding with baseline humans (like with Dante's mom, probably, although also she had cancer so maybe she isn't the best example here) and also smaller communites having issues the fact there there is less variety in their gene pool (Utolan, possibly the community in Minnesota where Flint grew up), although there is an element of danger to regulated terrigenesis in health communities as well)
    Last edited by Alecto; 02-03-2017 at 10:00 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
    Okay, I'm not super-interested in whatever argument's being rehashed tonight, but if you're gonna bring Petras into it at least get the facts right.

He was exposed to the mists while Attilan was being evacuated during Infinity because his father freaked out at the idea of sending him through Eldrac to who knows where without having gone through terrigenesis. Unfortunately, at 9 years old he was exposed way too early so his transformation didn't turn out so well. All we actually know is that he had a pretty extreme physical transformation and maybe some speech issues deriving from it (the text used actually reminds me of what was being used for Gorgon from the last half of Silent War up through Realm of Kings so it's probably meant to be associated with Speaking Differently and not Limited Intelligence), and we have no idea how or if it affected his intelligence or mobility or if he has any other powers because he went missing for about a year basically right after that, and when they found him he wasn't doing that great physically due to his transformation so he was put on life support and was unconscious for his only other appearance thusfar. A healer was going to try to help him but that happened in the last issue of All-New Inhumans so we don't know yet how it turned out or how he's doing.

This has nothing to do with the cloud because it was in Attilan before the fall and they used one of the terrigen chambers, and probably nothing to do with bad genes because his sister went through the mists fine at 13 and his father went through the mists fine at some point too. The bad result seems to be mostly because he was too young so basically it's just Gorgon making a bad parenting decision and not a weak genetic line or something.

(also I think the problem with certain Inhumans being exposed to terrigenesis and not surviving comes down to the genes being diluted by centuries of breeding with baseline humans (like with Dante's mom, probably, although also she had cancer so maybe she isn't the best example here) and also smaller communites having issues with less variety in their gene pool (Utolan, possibly the community in Minnesota where Flint grew up), although there is an element of danger to regulated terrigenesis in health communities as well)
    Couple of points: now if the prospect of just being too young can result in the bad result of a royal family member with generations of selective breeding geared towards mitigating bad outcomes how does that square with the Inhumans just flooding the world with the stuff affecting Nuhumans of all ages with no such screening processes in place? Yeah the results for thousands were likely terrible and yes in some instances death.

Secondly no Petras cognition was definitely diminished he spoke perfect English before terrigenis it became broken English not just stuttering afterwards stating that "Head feel heavy" also indicating the his balance was thrown off because of how disprotionate his head has become in relation to the rest of his body. Terrigenis affects siblings differently Inferno's family alone made that clear.

There not much argument to be had Iron Fist made several erroneous statements about terigenisis and its potential for bad results and I corrected him again. If read up on Randac's history and why the genetic council was formed it abundantly clear that unscreened Terrigenisis is all sorts of bad news and factored into why the Inhuman ancestors of the Nuhumans wanted nothing to do with the practice. which kind of makes forcing it on their ancestors a real dick move especially because it killed many of them outright. Something of which I have no idea why so many characters in story literally shrug off like its nothing.

Ultimate Member

And if the cloud stays, the Mutants die out. And given that it was the Inhumans idiot king who started this whole mess, I'm not inclined to take their side in this.

But ultimately, I hate the very premise of this whole conflict. Marvel YET AGAIN is contriving a conflict where no one comes out of it looking good, and I'm sick and tired of them doing stories like this.

Also I'm still waiting to see/hear what this "genocide" thing is or why Cyclops is being compared to Hitler. Because Marvel still has no explained that. And if it's what happened in DOX, then give me a break Marvel because that doesn't even remotely justify it.

I can't wait to come back to this thread after this event ends. The plot to get readers to feel bad for the inhumans is so contrived that it was obliterated in issue one by OML and so far they don't seem to be looking any better. They had to job OML and Forge just to set up the conflict over the last few issues so the X-Men don't mop the floor with the inhumans as well. The first two issues had me so excited because I thought that Marvel was going to paint the picture like it should have been, a species doing what had to be done to save themselves and the other learning a lesson about why it's not good to impose your will on a planet. Unless the X-Men start deliberately murdering inhumans (by X-Men I mean everyone but possessed Monet and Sabretooth who are going rogue) there is no way they can look even remotely like that bad guys here. I do think I will feel sympathy for the inhumans when all is said and done because not all of them are bad, but I can't get passed them being okay with a whole species being wiped out or moving to hell just so they can gain super powers.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Couple of points: now if the prospect of just being too young can result in the bad result of a royal family member with generations of selective breeding geared towards mitigating bad outcomes how does that square with the Inhumans just flooding the world with the stuff affecting Nuhumans of all ages with no such screening processes in place? Yeah the results for thousands were likely terrible and yes in some instances death.

Secondly no Petras cognition was definitely diminished he spoke perfect English before terrigenis it became broken English not just stuttering afterwards stating that "Head feel heavy" also indicating the his balance was thrown off because of how disprotionate his head has become in relation to the rest of his body. Terrigenis affects siblings differently Inferno's family alone made that clear.

There not much argument to be had Iron Fist made several erroneous statements about terigenisis and its potential for bad results and I corrected him again. If read up on Randac's history and why the genetic council was formed it abundantly clear that unscreened Terrigenisis is all sorts of bad news and factored into why the Inhuman ancestors of the Nuhumans wanted nothing to do with the practice. which kind of makes forcing it on their ancestors a real dick move especially because it killed many of them outright. Something of which I have no idea why so many characters in story literally shrug off like its nothing.
    I have a theory that physical transformations are more taxing/dangerous to younger inhumans, which is why things went so badly for Petras and might not have if he had been older. Because for contrast we have kids like Luna who went through the mists at 6 iirc and didn't have any life-threatening issues, but also ended up with purely mental powers. But then again inhumans canon isn't exactly the most organized or non-contradictory thing. Like, there are materials that say the royal family went through terrigenesis as babies (with the exception of Black Bolt who was exposed prenatally and Karnak who was never exposed) but then there are also comics that directly contradict that, and that's just one of many discrepancies across the past 50 years of sporadic appearances. And you never know what bits of canon a writer's going to use or how they're going to interpret them.

I do wonder about all the nuhuman kids and how things went for them, though.

Also, I guess here's the obligatory reminder that Black Bolt set off the terrigen bomb, the rest of the inhumans had nothing to do with it. The other members of the royal family didn't agree with his actions, they just also don't agree with destroying their only supply of terrigen so they let the cloud be. New Attilan has put a lot of their resources into helping nuhumans and offering them whatever kind of assistance they need post-transformation because everyone who grew up in Attilan knows that even in a regulated environment terrigenesis is fairly unpredictable and dangerous. I do wish the feasibility of containing the cloud and New Attilan's stance on doing so had come up somewhere because I feel like that should have been the ideal option if at all doable, but then again if the main plot of your story is a roving cloud of terrigen circling the earth it makes sense to pretend it's not an option haha.

re: Petras, here's the page in question with the only things we've seen him say post-terrigenesis. It doesn't sound to me like he's having trouble constructing sentences because of cognition issues, just slurring his words a bit and struggling with how to describe what's happened to him. Gorgon actually cuts him off before he can say how his head feels, but if he's trying to say it feels heavy or strange it probably does for obvious reasons. Physical transformations take adjustment. Maybe he does end up with permanent balance issues or something but there's no way to tell from what we've seen so far.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Why are you taking a polite request for more information as a confrontation?

I asked because i am interested, not because i want to throw down. We've been there and done that in this thread already

but thanks for mentioning x-factor, I'm doing a bind up of that soon so I'll look out for the scene you mentioned.
    Why are you thinking this is a confrontation? I answered your question and asked one of my own. I was polite enough to answer yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Hope was born a mutant because she was born with her x-gene activated. Her birth sent out a psionic nuke or something, thats how everyone knew to look for her.
    Her mimicry didn't manifest until she was a teenager, using them to telekinetically save Cable from a bullet. That was the first time we saw it iirc.

When she was born they were tracking her via Cerebra, which tracks by X-Gene. She never displayed her power as an infant.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Why are you thinking this is a confrontation? I answered your question and asked one of my own. I was polite enough to answer yours.

Her mimicry didn't manifest until she was a teenager, using them to telekinetically save Cable from a bullet. That was the first time we saw it iirc.

When she was born they were tracking her via Cerebra, which tracks by X-Gene. She never displayed her power as an infant.
    Backing this up. I definitely recall pre-manifestation Hope and Cable having a nice heart-to-heart about what it would be like when her powers finally activated in the Cable series following Messiah Complex.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

mutants for ever
    we can be heroes, just for one day

10/10 bump.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

any subject to discuss ?.
    Ayo Joni kita pantau para Fanatik di forum ini

Niffleheim

Nope, just resuscitating a rivalry that nobody cares about anymore
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    Nope, just resuscitating a rivalry that nobody cares about anymore
    ah too bad. it nice to help Xfan vent out their frustation.
    Ayo Joni kita pantau para Fanatik di forum ini