Page 14 of 215 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Is there anything new that X-Fans who don't read the Inhuman books should know about the cloud or M-Pox? @The I-Fans.
    There's speculation that the clouds may be at least partly sentient, and seem to move of their own volition. They appear to chase down dormant NuHumans.

On a side note it also appears that Kree genetic manipulation is more extensive than mutant genetic evolution. The x-gene is always mentioned in the singular to my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong), while Inhuman genes are mentioned in the plural, meaning that NuHumans could have different amounts of Inhuman genes in their DNA, something which Lash the Inhuman "purist" intimated to Inferno when his mother did not survive Terrigenesis.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    There's speculation that the clouds may be at least partly sentient, and seem to move of their own volition. They appear to chase down dormant NuHumans.

On a side note it also appears that Kree genetic manipulation is more extensive than mutant genetic evolution. The x-gene is always mentioned in the singular to my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong), while Inhuman genes are mentioned in the plural, meaning that NuHumans could have different amounts of Inhuman genes in their DNA, something which Lash the Inhuman "purist" intimated to Inferno when his mother did not survive Terrigenesis.
    Exactly this. Basically the Inhuman gene is diluted among the world population. A lot of people have it..but some don't have enough to survive Terrigenesis (see the town Flint is from).

It can be argued that the Inhumans of Attilan (before if fell and became New Attilan) had so much of gene that even before Terrigenesis they were still stronger and longer lived than normal humans (even those with Inhuman Genes). Thanks Eugenics.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post

Is there anything new that X-Fans who don't read the Inhuman books should know about the cloud or M-Pox? @The I-Fans.
    The cloud is, to the Royal Family's knowledge, the only supply of Terrigen left to them. They said as much during a conflict with one of their own villains. That's why preserving the cloud is important to them.

No one actually knows where Terrigen comes from. It used to grow on the moon, where an ancient Inhuman scientist found it. This means that it might not be Kree in nature, and that the Kree likely didn't anticipate the Terrigenesis when they bred the Inhumans.

Sometime after Secret Wars (I think they were discovered after DoX but probably arrived before that) an array of pillars known as the Sky Spears showed up on Earth. They're all spaced evenly apart, and are covered with symbols no one recognizes (save for one; an old Inhuman glyph for genocide). When attacked they take control of the nearest Inhumans to use as defense mechanisms.
    Last edited by ImprobableQuestion; 11-26-2016 at 08:23 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Exactly this. Basically the Inhuman gene is diluted among the world population. A lot of people have it..but some don't have enough to survive Terrigenesis (see the town Flint is from).

It can be argued that the Inhumans of Attilan (before if fell and became New Attilan) had so much of gene that even before Terrigenesis they were still stronger and longer lived than normal humans (even those with Inhuman Genes). Thanks Eugenics.
    So that actually means that there's no specific Inhuman gene but a series of alien genes that cause inhumans at various degrees... I wont go for genetic arguments of wether this makes sense or not but...

Nah anyways regarding X gene it's localised in the pair X of the chromosome 23 and what it does is to generate a protein that modifies the entire genetic structure of the person to give him a particular mutation... What I'm coming to is that there's only one X gene but it derives is multiple mutations to tons of genes that provide plethora of powers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    So that actually means that there's no specific Inhuman gene but a series of alien genes that cause inhumans at various degrees... I wont go for genetic arguments of wether this makes sense or not but...

Nah anyways regarding X gene it's localised in the pair X of the chromosome 23 and what it does is to generate a protein that modifies the entire genetic structure of the person to give him a particular mutation... What I'm coming to is that there's only one X gene but it derives is multiple mutations to tons of genes that provide plethora of powers
    Don't go too far down the rabbit hole of applying actually genetics to any of this. The X-"Gene" would have to be a region of multiple genes to code for the number of proteins needed to make changes that drastic to a human's body.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    It's seems to be more like a threshold of DNA, if you have more than X Inhuman DNA you can terraform (is that the verb of terrigenesis?) inside the cocoon, any Inhuman DNA however will spawn the cocoon. So it's a black and white type thing, you have enough to undergo terrigenesis or you don't and you suffocate to death.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Don't go too far down the rabbit hole of applying actually genetics to any of this. The X-"Gene" would have to be a region of multiple genes to code for the number of proteins needed to make changes that drastic to a human's body.
    From my understanding the X-Gene is more a catalyst that can then alter the entire genome. There's no way you'd see the variety of physiological mutations we get with just one simple on/off gene itself.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    From my understanding the X-Gene is more a catalyst that can then alter the entire genome. There's no way you'd see the variety of physiological mutations we get with just one simple on/off gene itself.
    So essentially the same as the Inhuman gene, only the X-Gene is set off by chemicals from puberty (or extreme stress) and the Inhuman gene is set off by terrigen. And once activated they have a bio-morphic event where their entire DNA rapidly changes at once.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    If you have read the Firestar mini-series that was the debut of Angelica, she murdered the Hellfire Club guard who protected Angela, only because he tried to protect Angela from Emma's manipulations. And there was also Emma's sister Adrienne, who maybe deserved it, but Emma murdered her too. And she probably killed people during her time in the Hellfire Club, so yeah, she is probably a murderer too. And Alchemy's blood is in her hands too (you can say it was his decission, but Emma manipulated him to his death).

And I'm not saying that Emma should be held responsible only for being a mutant. I think that all those characters that I mentioned should be judged for their acts, no matter if they are mutants, inhumans, super-powered or normal humans.
    Excellent post.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    If you have read the Firestar mini-series that was the debut of Angelica, she murdered the Hellfire Club guard who protected Angela, only because he tried to protect Angela from Emma's manipulations. And there was also Emma's sister Adrienne, who maybe deserved it, but Emma murdered her too. And she probably killed people during her time in the Hellfire Club, so yeah, she is probably a murderer too. And Alchemy's blood is in her hands too (you can say it was his decission, but Emma manipulated him to his death).

And I'm not saying that Emma should be held responsible only for being a mutant. I think that all those characters that I mentioned should be judged for their acts, no matter if they are mutants, inhumans, super-powered or normal humans.
    Cyclops ended up in jail after AvX, Jean Grey has been in trial and found guilty twice because of the Dark Phoenix; so when Black Bolt and Medusa are going to be judged ?.

Emma did Alchemist dirty. He basically got peer pressured into it with that little pep talk from "Cyclops".

Quote Originally Posted by ChibaMariners View Post
    Emma did Alchemist dirty. He basically got peer pressured into it with that little pep talk from "Cyclops".
    But what was the alternative ?.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    "I'm not a sol..."

Seems like he didn't want to go out like that. Just saying.

Ultimate Member

Stay on the ground, get killed pointlessly by the cloud the next time it came through England (which it did, as we see in X-Men Civil War).

You know, the moral thing.

Cyclops ended up in jail after AvX, Jean Grey has been in trial and found guilty twice because of the Dark Phoenix; so when Black Bolt and Medusa are going to be judged ?.
    None know like Black Bolt true intents for releasing the T-bomb. Maximus said something about it but Black Bolt is like always silent to it.

So far I can tell from Dead of X it was Black Bolt / The Inhumas who were most selfish with their decisions, yes Cylcops and the mutants too but if they had won other would gained from it too while the Inhumans had not T-gas anymore which wouldn't kill them but would gave them a supply problem.

Problem is also the gas will either become inactive or highly toxic for everyone at some point so they are also very short sighted.
    You can see how it was made and react the problem they haven't previously not enough even for themselves so Maximus stretched it which caused all those problems and while it in the air it get stretched further and further.