Page 2 of 215 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    I wonder if he'll be in prison for Terrigen poisoning.

Probably not or should be connected to other facts since it is a prison in space and not on Earth. Plus mutant lives have no value in the marvel universe so the authorities never do anything.

Even so I am impressed even leaving aside the mutant lives lost due to the inhuman mist some humans were transformed against their will and others were transformed into crazy monsters and assassins as in Uncanny Avengers or in DD killing several humans and no one blames BB or the Inhumans for this. To all intents and purposes, BB detonated a bomb with an alien substance on the planet ignoring the effects this could have in the long run.

Do not misunderstand me several heroes never respond for their mistakes but I'm already tired of consequences only exist for mutants.

And do not come to me with this story that he lost his throne this is nothing compared to the lives lost on this plot.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    The atmosphere did no such thing. The First issue of DOX points that out.
    No, DOX2 says the terrigen mixed with the atmosphere and became toxic to mutants.

The atmosphere poisoning the mists is a correct statement.

Mighty Member

Then it was probably not the best move to dump all of it into the atmosphere, was it?

As far as I am aware, they didn't know that when they released it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
    As far as I am aware, they didn't know that when they released it.
    They didn't, but we're expecting characters to have super foresight about these things. Even though the mists didn't change and begin affecting mutants until weeks after they were released. Mutants walked through the mists in various titles tied into Inhumanity and were fine. The atmospheric change that caused the mists' toxicity is likely linked to the way they remade earth after Secret Wars.

If I dumped a gallon of a mysterious substance with unknown toxic potential into my local park pond and the next day all the ducks float upside down dead, I imagine I would face a visit from my local constabulary. I'd be charged with environmental offences, at the very least.

If my actions were to lead to the death of any human beings, my purported ignorance as to the danger wouldn't cut any ice at all. My negligence would be easily sufficient for a lengthy prison term.

Now, I recognise that this is the Marvel Universe, where thieves and murderers can become lauded superheroes if they get in with the right crowd, but still, it's difficult to resist the potential real world parallels.

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    If I dumped a gallon of a mysterious substance with unknown toxic potential into my local park pond and the next day all the ducks float upside down dead, I imagine I would face a visit from my local constabulary. I'd be charged with environmental offences, at the very least.

If my actions were to lead to the death of any human beings, my purported ignorance as to the danger wouldn't cut any ice at all. My negligence would be easily sufficient for a lengthy prison term.

Now, I recognise that this is the Marvel Universe, where thieves and murderers can become lauded superheroes if they get in with the right crowd, but still, it's difficult to resist the potential real world parallels.
    It does not have unknown toxic potential, as Medusa states terrigen (or that strain of it) has been exposed to mutants and has proven harmless. It's not the same as an unknown toxic because it's known to be harmless to the group it is now toxic to.

There isn't a real world comparison for this situation without grossly misrepresenting the facts to make it seem like the terrigen released was always harmful.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    They didn't, but we're expecting characters to have super foresight about these things. Even though the mists didn't change and begin affecting mutants until weeks after they were released. Mutants walked through the mists in various titles tied into Inhumanity and were fine. The atmospheric change that caused the mists' toxicity is likely linked to the way they remade earth after Secret Wars.
    Of course detonating an alien substance on a planet without knowing how it would respond in the long run or doing preventive experiments before is a great idea.

If you are a company for example and throw an experimental product at sea affecting the eco system and killing people for generations I think it is natural to expect this company to be held responsible.

At this point the only thing that can help BB and the Inhumans to have less guilty is to blame a villain or those strange pillars. Not that it will change much but it would help them seem less guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Of course detonating an alien substance on a planet without knowing how it would respond in the long run or doing preventive experiments before is a great idea.

If you are a company for example and throw an experimental product at sea affecting the eco system and killing people for generations I think it is natural to expect this company to be held responsible.

At this point the only thing that can help BB and the Inhumans to have less guilty is to blame a villain or those strange pillars. Not that it will change much but it would help them seem less guilty.
    Considering it was fine with the atmosphere before it was remade in secret wars, the person to blame might be Reed Richards.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    It does not have unknown toxic potential, as Medusa states terrigen (or that strain of it) has been exposed to mutants and has proven harmless. It's not the same as an unknown toxic because it's known to be harmless to the group it is now toxic to.

There isn't a real world comparison for this situation without grossly misrepresenting the facts to make it seem like the terrigen released was always harmful.
    So there was a previous occasion in which the Terrigen Mist was released into Earth's atmosphere as part of a controlled experiment and they carefully studied the effects?

Oh well, in that case, Black Bolt can't be liable for any of the death or suffering

On another point, I note that the effects of the detonation of the Terrigen bomb apparently killed or turned into monsters some Inhuman offshoots called the Bird-people (Inhuman Special #1). I haven't read that, I'll admit. I doubt if many have. But can Black Bolt be said to be responsible for those consequences, which I assume from the date of publication to have occurred before the advent of Secret Wars?

Or is he not responsible at all for any consequences from the Terrigen bomb?
    Last edited by Coin Biter; 11-23-2016 at 07:18 AM.

Mighty Member

Don't you see, Black Bolt is never responsible for his actions!

One thing is blaming Black Bolt for the release of the Terrigen Mists (let's face it, he is guilty of that, even if it wasn't his intention to harm mutants nor other living beings). But another different is generalizing and blaming all Inhumans for the mistakes of Black Bolt. X-men fans complain that we generalize all of them, but it seems that they can generalize all the Inhumans? Yeah, how cute is the hypocrisy.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    One thing is blaming Black Bolt for the release of the Terrigen Mists (let's face it, he is guilty of that, even if it wasn't his intention to harm mutants nor other living beings). But another different is generalizing and blaming all Inhumans for the mistakes of Black Bolt. X-men fans complain that we generalize all of them, but it seems that they can generalize all the Inhumans? Yeah, how cute is the hypocrisy.
    Nobody blames the Inhumans for dropping the bomb, but if they, as a group, fight to keep the X-men from getting rid of the mist, they can definitely be blamed for that.

Keep the hypocrisy bullshit for yourself, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    So there was a previous occasion in which the Terrigen Mist was released into Earth's atmosphere as part of a controlled experiment and they carefully studied the effects?

Oh well, in that case, Black Bolt can't be liable for any of the death or suffering

On another point, I note that the effects of the detonation of the Terrigen bomb apparently killed or turned into monsters some Inhuman offshoots called the Bird-people (Inhuman Special #1). I haven't read that, I'll admit. I doubt if many have. But can Black Bolt be said to be responsible for those consequences, which I assume from the date of publication to have occurred before the advent of Secret Wars?

Or is he not responsible at all for any consequences from the Terrigen bomb?
    I'd say Black Bolt or Thanos are responsible for the bomb itself and the property damage it caused, and Black Bolt is 100% responsible for the Inhumans who didn't survive terrigenesis.

But what happened to the mutants is a freak of nature possibly caused by cosmic changes by the god powered FF. If the only explanation theyre giving us is it mixed weirdly with the atmosphere post-secret wars then i can't put the blame on black bolt when then mists, specifically to mutants post bomb, were harmless before secret wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    Nobody blames the Inhumans for dropping the bomb, but if they, as a group, fight to keep the X-men from getting rid of the mist, they can definitely be blamed for that.

Keep the hypocrisy bullshit for yourself, please.
    Edited post.