Page 210 of 215 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3224

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I need fan art of this RIGHT NOW. That is hysterical.
    I may or may not have already googled that...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Yeah, this is just a mess now. Given that Wanda has reality altering powers, I wonder the possibility that they were once Magneto's children until she altered reality so they never were.
    Well, that's head-canon!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

If I were a Marvel writer, I would introduce the concept. Not definitively answer it, just lay the seeds in case a future writer wants to go in that direction.

Maybe just make a psychological story where Wanda wonders what's real and what's not and, if altering reality makes the new reality "not real." They could focus the exploration more on her kids than anything else, but have someone question the Magneto thing as well (before it gets dropped).
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    If I were a Marvel writer, I would introduce the concept. Not definitively answer it, just lay the seeds in case a future writer wants to go in that direction.

Maybe just make a psychological story where Wanda wonders what's real and what's not and, if altering reality makes the new reality "not real." They could focus the exploration more on her kids than anything else, but have someone question the Magneto thing as well (before it gets dropped).
    How about we just get a big ol' huge retcon for the entirety of AXIS and anything that it changed. Throw Original Sin in there as a bonus.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    "destroying the future of the Inhuman race" literally hurts zero people. In fact, it helps a lot of them.
    By that logic it will conclude that Wanda's no more mutants spell help more people than killing them, especially considering that she reduced the number of mutant terrorist to 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnusilver View Post
    By that logic it will conclude that Wanda's no more mutants spell help more people than killing them, especially considering that she reduced the number of mutant terrorist to 0.
    She killed thousands of mutants and did not depower Apocalypse, Mystique, Sabretooth, Shaw, Lady Mastermind, Exodus and most other mutant terrorists doing it. She depowered Magneto, in an act that ended up nearly equaling Magneto's total bodycount all by itself.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    How about we just get a big ol' huge retcon for the entirety of AXIS and anything that it changed. Throw Original Sin in there as a bonus.
    That's not the Marvel way and, no matter what, I have to account for the possibility that some people actually liked the events (although God knows why - I didn't hate AXIS but Original Sin possibly pissed me off more than any other event, probably because it started with enough potential to give me hope). But Marvel is fine with retconning details, but they generally don't retcon entire stories and, for AXIS, there's no reason to retcon it. Let's leave aside Wanda for a second, everything else will just naturally revert over time without any kind of retcon at all.

With Original Sin, the only thing worth retconning might be the Man on the Wall stuff. But I'd probably let it go too. I do like that Marvel characters own their past mistakes most of the time. Pietro did some terrible things in Son of M in order to save his people (or those he thought were his people). In Mighty Avengers, they had the option to sweep it under the carpet and say he was a Skrull and they refused to take the easy way out. I think they might eventually bring back Nick Fury Sr. (in 10-15 years), but I'd rather not pretend the past didn't happen.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Some mutants literally died when Wanda depowered them so no the logic doesn't hold. If her spell had simply prevented future mutants from being born then it'd be semi-comparable, although halting evolution on Earth still would've eventually sent the Phoenix on a crash course towards it.

Mighty Member

Except that Wanda's spell killed people.

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    Except that Wanda's spell killed people.
    And there wasn't a mutigen cloud circling the globe killing people.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    And there wasn't a mutigen cloud circling the globe killing people.
    But a space entity that's known for wiping out planets is more reasonable?
    Last edited by AquaLantern; 02-03-2017 at 07:33 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    That was a result of the Decimation, not the cause of it. Eliminating the Terrigen cloud actually saves lives, Decimation took them. They're basically opposites in that respect.

But a space entity that's known for wiping out planets is fair game?
    I thought Steve had admitted at the end of AvX that Phoenix had not come to destroy Earth just Cyclops in his opinion although it was Stark and the Avengers responsible for it.

Either way you did not know Phoenix is coming back according to Jean Solo Ressurection? Someone should warn the Avengers and start another AvX hahaha.

My God wonder how people might think that lives are less important than powers or that the victims should move when someone throws a toxic substance into the atmosphere or into the water instead of blaming the people who created the mess.

What kind of message is this.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I thought Steve had admitted at the end of AvX that Phoenix had not come to destroy Earth just Cyclops in his opinion although it was Stark and the Avengers responsible for it.

Either way you did not know Phoenix is coming back according to Jean Solo Ressurection? Someone should warn the Avengers and start another AvX hahaha.

My God wonder how people might think that lives are less important than powers or that the victims should move when someone throws a toxic substance into the atmosphere or into the water instead of blaming the people who created the mess.

What kind of message is this.
    Well with Flint MI being a real-life indicator that the victims are expected to live and deal with it (contaminated and poisonous water)or die and no one helps them, the message is "sucks to be you"

Actually no, canonically and according to the Avengers; it didnt mattered that the it was the way to save the mutants, the Phoenix was a danger to all non-mutant life on the planet, and had to be destroyed. But i guess that this mess with the cloud is one those things that are wrong when the X-men do it.

Besides, it was the Avengers' fault that evrything went downhill and out of control in AvX.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Actually no, canonically and according to the Avengers; it didnt mattered that the it was the way to save the mutants, the Phoenix was a danger to all non-mutant life on the planet, and had to be destroyed. But i guess that this mess with the cloud is one those things that are wrong when the X-men do it.

Besides, it was the Avengers' fault that evrything went downhill and out of control in AvX.
    That's hardly comparable.

The Phoenix was more than capable of destroying the entire planet, worst case scenario for the cloud is all the mutants die. 7 billion people vs a few thousand mutants. Not the same.