Page 213 of 215 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215 LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 3224
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    They didn't get Rachel because then they'd have to pay attention to her backstory and all, just creating Hope out of thin air gave them total control...
    It's Bendis what do you expect xD

The point that some are trying to make is that there are some that are Inhuman that never went through terrigenesis and never needed to, so the mist is not the only way to make Inhumans...
    There is no Inhuman who has powers not thanks to terrignesis.

Karnak is a human mutate, we don't even know if the experiments on Quake involved terrigen or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Erythnul View Post
    This is False, The Inhumans don't need terrigen to make them inhuman. They were Inhuman before they discovered it. They will be Inhuman without it. They are Inhuman because the Kree experimented on them thousands of years ago, altering their genetics. With or without the mist they are still Inhuman.
    Question, were all the original Inhumans (sans the Royal family) killed off during Infinity or something? I know Thanos demanded a tribute of a bunch of young inhuman heads, did Black Bolt bow to this demand? Extinction was never a problem before when they were living on the moon, I'm curious why activating Nuhumans suddenly became the only way for the species to continue, when it was never a problem prior to Marvel Now.

I ask only because I checked out of Infinity early on, it felt too much like a movie cash grab (Hey look kids, it's Thanos, like in the Avengers movie! Lol) and (imo) hurt the momentum of the storyline unfolding in New Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Question, were all the original Inhumans (sans the Royal family) killed off during Infinity or something? I know Thanos demanded a tribute of a bunch of young inhuman heads, did Black Bolt bow to this demand? Extinction was never a problem before when they were living on the moon, I'm curious why activating Nuhumans suddenly became the only way for the species to continue, when it was never a problem prior to Marvel Now.

I ask only because I checked out of Infinity early on, it felt too much like a movie cash grab (Hey look kids, it's Thanos, like in the Avengers movie! Lol) and (imo) hurt the momentum of the storyline unfolding in New Avengers.
    The problem is that before the onset of nuhumans they never had to really differentiate inhumans to anyone else. And with nuhumans they had to show that the trigger for inhumanity is a gene, and before that gene is activated they're just human. So the attilan ones pre-terrignesis are just humans, but humans from a breeding programme so they're enhanced but still as human as anyone else.

And the other Attilan Inhumans are scattered by Eldac, when they all evacuated the city they left through Eldac who sends you where you are needed not where you want. So Soule and i THINK Ewing has said that they'll be seeing some people pop up again, it's been a long standing fan theory that Black Bolt's wives from the universal Inhumans species are returned to their worlds via Eldac.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    It's Bendis what do you expect xD

There is no Inhuman who has powers not thanks to terrignesis.

Karnak is a human mutate, we don't even know if the experiments on Quake involved terrigen or not.
    Isn't a human mutate something like Spider-Man or the Fantastic Four, where radiation transforms the character? I thought Karnak only trained with some monks or whatever. Everything else is (enhanced strength, longer life span) is just derived from being born an inhuman right? (I mean the Punisher has military experience, I dont think he is considered a mutate, nor are the Warriors Three, they are just lucky enough to have Asgardian physiology)

Isn't a human mutate something like Spider-Man or the Fantastic Four, where radiation transforms the character? I thought Karnak only trained with some monks or whatever. Everything else is (enhanced strength, longer life span) is just derived from being born an inhuman right? (I mean the Punisher has military experience, I dont think he is considered a mutate, nor are the Warriors Three, they are just lucky enough to have Asgardian physiology)
    The being born an Inhuman thing is the language problem marvel has yet to properly address as I was mentioning before. All of their super strength, longer life span etc has nothing to do with the Inhuman DNA they have, but are due to the Attilan Genetic Council controlling who bangs who for thousands of years and essentially breeding these traits into the Attilan humans. And largely it's mixed bag if terrigenesis even keeps those genetic enhancements, sometimes it just completely erases them.

But Karnak is a mutate like Spider-Man or the Fantastic Four, he just has his breeding programme enhancements as well. His abilitiess were learned from monks and that somehow gave him the ability to exploit any weakness he can find, they aren't even limited to his physical powers so the only explanation is he became a mutate, because without terrignesis he can't have any powers from the Inhuman DNA he's never been allowed to activate. Like he was going to destroy Stark tower with a single punch, he destroyed a hulk proof cell with his fingernail. The genetic enhancements from the breeding programme are strong but not that strong. So it essentially makes Karnak a mutate.

Juries out on Quake because they won't tell us how she got her powers, they just said "experiments".

Ultimate Member

But if they need the terrigenesis to even become Inhuman then are they even a species at all, you could call them all mutates then as well given that they needed an outside influence for them to become Inhuman like with Spider-Man and the spider, otherwise he would have been human as well...the Inhumans could all then be viewed as "experiments"...and given that BB is the king and all and has alien subjects all over the galaxy of the two groups fighting here the Inhumans would be far easier to leave Earth given that there's far fewer of them and they already have the technology...last I checked there were more than a few hundred thousand mutants on the Earth so the cloud will kill...no murder millions of people...

BANNED

Which begs the question why they didn't get Rachel to be the host instead of a green teenage girl?
    Because X-men don't control Phoenix and they can't choose a host.

I can not say for sure since the writers gave no further explanation but according to Uncanny inhumans in a conversation with Medusa and BB and another involving Lineage there is some kind of prophecy or threat coming up and BB would need more inhumans if they wanted to survive. During the events in Infinity and after infinity ( inhumanity)we discovered that BB intended to drop the bomb even without Thanos and Karnak warned Medusa and others about BB's intentions but some did not believe.

BB used all the crystals available to create the mists and if it is destroyed the Inhuman descendants will not have access to their powers.
    Last edited by Knives; 02-03-2017 at 01:14 PM.

But if they need the terrigenesis to even become Inhuman then are they even a species at all, you could call them all mutates then as well given that they needed an outside influence for them to become Inhuman like with Spider-Man and the spider, otherwise he would have been human as well...the Inhumans could all then be viewed as "experiments"...and given that BB is the king and all and has alien subjects all over the galaxy of the two groups fighting here the Inhumans would be far easier to leave Earth given that there's far fewer of them and they already have the technology...last I checked there were more than a few hundred thousand mutants on the Earth so the cloud will kill...no murder millions of people...
    Not really. I mean you can apply your argument to the mutants. Terrigen to Inhumans is what puberty or "stressful events" are to mutants.

When you look at the X-Men, are mutants pre-x-gene activation mutants? The answer is generally no. They are only mutants after their x-gene activates their 'true self' or however different x-books want to phrase it.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I can not say for sure since the writers gave no further explanation but according to Uncanny inhumans in a conversation with Medusa and BB and another involving Lineage there is some kind of prophecy or threat coming up and BB would need more inhumans if they wanted to survive. During the events in Infinity and post infinity ( inhumanity)we discovered that BB intended to drop the bomb even without Thanos and Karnak warned Medusa and others about BB's intentions but some did not believe.
    Oh I forgot to address that in my answer.

You're basically right, there is a prophesied threat coming and it's been delayed because of the creator switch up. It was meant to be the crux of a Matt Fration Inhuman series, then Marvel canned it. So Soule kind of got stuck just referencing it as still coming, Ewing has already said he is planning to tie up a lot of loose ends like the Skyspears and such so he might also tie up the incoming threat, though I wouldn't expect it until the third arc as that is when he said he's planning to return the Inhumans to earth.
    Last edited by Iron Fist; 02-03-2017 at 01:11 PM.

Ultimate Member

Young mutants before puberty are last I checked still classified as mutants, their powers just haven't started...but puberty is no outside force, it happens to every human regardless or whether they have powers or no and it happens at different times for different people, mutant powers don't make the person who they are, it's like with money...mutant powers just show you who they already were before the powers, stress events are only for some mutants but not all, mutants get their powers naturally without any force outside of their bodies...no clouds, no machines, otherwise those that got their powers from machines and such are considered mutates, different than mutants...and a stress even doesn't even have to be something that actually happened to the mutant, they could see someone shot and killed in front of them or something of that nature, they would have gotten their powers later on anyway the stress event just unlocked the powers earlier...

And there are mutants that manifest their powers before puberty as well...

The problem with that prophecy then is why didn't the Inhumans go to the mutants then, the mutants and the other groups and seek their help then, rather than set off a bomb and then only do anything when the mutants started dying and some of those still living had a problem with it...
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 02-03-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Young mutants before puberty are last I checked still classified as mutants, their powers just haven't started...but puberty is no outside force, it happens to every human regardless or whether they have powers or no and it happens at different times for different people, mutant powers don't make the person who they are, it's like with money...mutant powers just show you who they already were before the powers, stress events are only for some mutants but not all, mutants get their powers naturally without any force outside of their bodies...no clouds, no machines, otherwise those that got their powers from machines and such are considered mutates, different than mutants...
    Do we have a book that calls pre-x-gene activation children mutants instead of humans? Because the only ones I can even think of are mutants whose powers manifested at birth.

And the Inhumans aren't mutates because they have the gene to activate the Inhuman species inside them that rapidly changes their DNA from human to Inhuman. The X-Men have the same type of gene, theirs just has a naturally occurring biological trigger for it while the Inhumans have an external chemical trigger because they weren't meant to develop powers by themselves, they were meant to be activated by the Kree with terrigen because the Inhumans were meant to be weapons and were designed as such.

The problem with that prophecy then is why didn't the Inhumans go to the mutants then, the mutants and the other groups and seek their help then, rather than set off a bomb and then only do anything when the mutants started dying and some of those still living had a problem with it...
    Because Black Bolt was king at the time, and Black Bolt will do whatever the crap he wants and if you don't like it, he'll sing you a merry tune.

The mutants really don't know how lucky they are Medusa is heading the conflict and trying to avoid war here, Black Bolt is WAY more ruthless and doesn't let enemies make truces very often until he's murdered large portions of their fleets into submission.

Because Black Bolt was king at the time, and Black Bolt will do whatever the crap he wants and if you don't like it, he'll sing you a merry tune.

The mutants really don't know how lucky they are Medusa is heading the conflict and trying to avoid war here, Black Bolt is WAY more ruthless and doesn't let enemies make truces very often until he's murdered large portions of their fleets into submission.
    This is not exactly an argument in favor of Medusa and the Inhumans.

But I agree BB even was once part of the Illuminattis and attacked and killed his own son in UI when he proved a threat .

Maybe it would have been better for Emma to have killed BB rather than arrest him. I not want to imagine the damage he can do if released .

I wish Cable gets into this war he does not take prisoners.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    This is not exactly an argument in favor of Medusa and the Inhumans.

But I agree BB even was once part of the Illuminattis and attacked his own son in UI when he proved a threat .

Maybe it would have been better for Emma to have killed BB rather than arrest him. I not want to imagine the damage he can do if released .

I wish Cable gets into this war he does not take prisoners.
    He attacked his own son because he was warped and twisted and mentally fucked up.

It's an argument in favour of them, they aren't heroes, they're rulers. Medusa is the only one of the two of them that is giving a damn about optics. Black Bolt really didn't worry about that stuff.

Please, Black Bolt could do shit tons of damage and it will be aimed at the mutants specifically. And they'll deserve it, especially Emma. It's possible Medusa may reign him in and kill Emma herself. After being deposed Black Bolt does default to Medusa's commands now.

Cables too busy being a plot device to be a real character XD

Do we have a book that calls pre-x-gene activation children mutants instead of humans? Because the only ones I can even think of are mutants whose powers manifested at birth.
    I know that the child Spider-man's wife Mary Jane was carrying to term in "Age of X" was labeled a mutant and was marked for termination in that time line.

Regardless, the point was that humans were terrified because they didn't always know who was a mutant. (Kind of a Red Scare thing back in the 60's). They are secretly trying to infiltrate and take over or whatnot. Obviously, you see the difference in how teams like the FF or Avengers are viewed positively as celebrities, where as the X-Men are feared and distrusted. So unless the baby looks like Nightcrawler, you are not really supposed to know who is or isn't a mutie.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Off the top of my head:
    Deadpool's current series features his daughter who is identified as a mutant although her x-gene has yet to activate.
    The Kings of Pain annual crossover from the late 80s / early 90s identifies Harness' daughter as a mutant, although she is only 7 years old and her powers have not manifested.