Page 22 of 215 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Most X-men fans I know didn't seem to care about the inhumans one way or the other. I rarely saw them come up in discussions personally. Not until as you say the cloud showed up. In fact I use to like them until their reaction to this situation.
    I think that's an interesting difference between the fanbases. As an X-men fan its possible you wouldn't notice Inhumans stuff previously unless you were in the Complex threads etc. But as an Inhumans fan it has literally been impossible to avoid angry X-men fans, they show up in every single one of our threads for as long as I've been reading. If your an Inhuman fan its impossible to avoid the angry X-fans, even if it may not be that large of a percent of total X-fans.

Pretty much every Inhuman fan in this thread is saying its been going on for years, and lots of X-fans were unaware of this.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Literally just find any old post on the X-men board. Here's a page with a post freaking out about Inhumans a full year before M-Pox was even a thing. literally every page I clicked on had Inhumans issues in The Complex thread.
    http://community.comicbookresources....-Complex/page8
    Here's a fun quote from the next page

"- Marvel WILL shove inhumans down your throats, it IS going to happen. They will not stop until the property is considered a success, they will put whatever creative teams they need to on it to make it work. They will change whatever mutants into inhumans to make it work. Marvel is not giving up on this and will not stop until inhumans overshadows the x-men and the idea of mutants. This is not paranoia, this is a company in the business of making money and realizing where the long-term potential lies. It's in the IP of inhumans, not X-men. "
    Thanks for the refresher. Now i remember the why, the Inhumans, and other books like Captain Marvel, keep getting new #1's when the sales dropped too low; but X-men books that had horrible sales as well simply got cancelled instead.

BANNED

Literally just find any old post on the X-men board. Here's a page with a post freaking out about Inhumans a full year before M-Pox was even a thing. literally every page I clicked on had Inhumans issues in The Complex thread.
    http://community.comicbookresources....-Complex/page8
    Here's a fun quote from the next page

"- Marvel WILL shove inhumans down your throats, it IS going to happen. They will not stop until the property is considered a success, they will put whatever creative teams they need to on it to make it work. They will change whatever mutants into inhumans to make it work. Marvel is not giving up on this and will not stop until inhumans overshadows the x-men and the idea of mutants. This is not paranoia, this is a company in the business of making money and realizing where the long-term potential lies. It's in the IP of inhumans, not X-men. "
    I do remember this quote, but not because that guy said it that early but because it's brought up waaaay later on when there were signs of the inhumans push in detriment of the mutants ... Our issues within the complex were mostly with the reduction in merchandise, videogames, media, etc... I won't say inhumans were a scapegoat because marvel were hell bent on making them the next big thing and as question pointed out stories such as inhumanity or agents of shield seem like X men stories... So our beef with the inhumans was partially fed by guys such as breevort saying they're the next big things, there's a brand new interesting race fear it X men, inuhmans and mutants are gonna face off, terrigen mists, UNCANNY inhumans (I know the dirty mutant killers used it first, but X men made it so it's own uncanny avengers happened),Rich jonston, and a lot more of things , and I don't take that lightly you know...

If there's a rivalry among fan bases it'll soon be over, in IVX both races will bury the hatchet, shamefully not on BB or medusa and they're going to space instead... but if Emma is so hell bent on revenge I'm sure BB and dusa are in for a BAD TIME...
    Last edited by somacula; 11-28-2016 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    I do remember this quote, but not because that guy said it that early but because it's brought up waaaay later on when there were signs of the inhumans push in detriment of the mutants ... Our issues within the complex were mostly with the reduction in merchandise, videogames, media, etc... I won't say inhumans were a scapegoat because marvel were hell bent on making them the next big thing and as question pointed out stories such as inhumanity or agents of shield seem like X men stories... So our beef with the inhumans was partially fed by guys such as breevort saying they're the next big things, there's a brand new interesting race fear it X men, inuhmans and mutants are gonna face off, terrigen mists, UNCANNY inhumans (I know the dirty mutant killers used it first, but X men made it so it's own uncanny avengers happened),Rich jonston, and a lot more of things , and I don't take that lightly you know...

If there's a rivalry among fan bases it'll soon be over, in IVX both races will bury the hatchet, shamefully not on BB or medusa and they're going to space instead... but if Emma is so hell bent on revenge I'm sure BB and dusa are in for a BAD TIME...
    I rarely go into the complex thread. Just once and a while to see new X-men news. I'm not making money off the x-men so it's not that serious to me. But I do say something about the stories presented to me that I do read. I'm not going to get worked up if Marvel decides to save me money. Doesn't make sense.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I think that's an interesting difference between the fanbases. As an X-men fan its possible you wouldn't notice Inhumans stuff previously unless you were in the Complex threads etc. But as an Inhumans fan it has literally been impossible to avoid angry X-men fans, they show up in every single one of our threads for as long as I've been reading. If your an Inhuman fan its impossible to avoid the angry X-fans, even if it may not be that large of a percent of total X-fans.

Pretty much every Inhuman fan in this thread is saying its been going on for years, and lots of X-fans were unaware of this.
    That may be it. I only post when I have a strong reaction to an actual story. I'm not stanning for someone elses product.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Doctor Know:

Cap Hydra during Civil War 2?
    Eh.... wibbly wobbly, retconning, magic wishing cube Hydra Cap story line hasn't played out fully yet and neither has Civil War 2. Can't judge where this will go, because they might do nothing with it, given how Divided looks to be shaping up.

Also, I listed several notable big bads that are have all seemingly been quiet or MIA whenever Marvel does one of these hero vs hero events. You would think it would be Christmas come early for the villains. It happens frequently enough.
    Only really popular fight a lot. B tier heroes usually should be able to work with other without problems
    Idk, mate. Hero vs Hero events and just brawls on solo and team titles touch every Marvel character nowadays and in decades past. No one escapes.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Doesn't Kingpin have a story about him taking advantage of this or am I wrong?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Doesn't Kingpin have a story about him taking advantage of this or am I wrong?
    NOpe, he has an story about taking an advantage of an inhuman that was immune to Romulus visions

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Is Romulus supposed to be Ulysses or is that someone else?

I think that the name of the guy is Romulus, and he is immune to Ulysses' visions.

BANNED

Confused the names, he has an inhuman named janus that gives him immunity to ulyses visions

The Kingpin story was less interesting than it could have been - if Kingpin had come up with some crafty way to exploit the visions (for example, by creating fake disasters which diverted attention), rather than just have some guy with magical immunity, it would have been more ingenious and explored some of the issues around Ulysses' power.

It wasn't a bad read, mind you.

BANNED

Doctor Know:
    Eh.... wibbly wobbly, retconning, magic wishing cube Hydra Cap story line hasn't played out fully yet and neither has Civil War 2. Can't judge where this will go, because they might do nothing with it, given how Divided looks to be shaping up.
    Hand stole Banner body and resurrected the Hulk during Civil War 2. At least it is something.
    Idk, mate. Hero vs Hero events and just brawls on solo and team titles touch every Marvel character nowadays and in decades past. No one escapes.
    Rogue. She wasn't in civil war. She wasn't in Schism. She did nothing in AvX except defending herself and helping Avengers. She left X-men and joined Avengers and thanks to that she avoided Battle for Atom. She helped with defeating Celestial during Civil War 2 and that was all.

Mike_Murdock :
    I really don't follow this logic. I do agree that, for Marvel to get you to like a character, you have to hear about them, but I don't know what incentive X-Men fans have for reading Inhumans books after the event ends - certainly not to the point where they stop reading X-Men books (which is what's required for a replacement).
    I didn't say that it is a plan. Plan is to show inhumans to X-men fans not to lose X-men fans. That would be stupid.

I honestly don't remember them much during the initial fight. All I really remember is Hope getting some fortune cookie Uncle Ben wisdom from Spider-Man in K'un Lun. He wasn't doing any of the stupid posturing.
    Except attacking Utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Doctor Know:

Hand stole Banner body and resurrected the Hulk during Civil War 2. At least it is something.

Rogue. She wasn't in civil war. She wasn't in Schism. She did nothing in AvX except defending herself and helping Avengers. She left X-men and joined Avengers and thanks to that she avoided Battle for Atom. She helped with defeating Celestial during Civil War 2 and that was all.

Mike_Murdock :

I didn't say that it is a plan. Plan is to show inhumans to X-men fans not to lose X-men fans. That would be stupid.

Except attacking Utopia.
    Well, she beat up Captain Marvel and helped Iceman to fortify New Orleans against hurracaines.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That may be it. I only post when I have a strong reaction to an actual story. I'm not stanning for someone elses product.
    This basically.

Like most 80s babies, I'm an X-fan but my contribution to this board is basically restricted to stories.

I don't really care about the backstage politics and I certainly don't buy into conspiracy theories. I believe in the complex to an extent. It's obvious that Marvel isn't pushing the X-men as their premier franchise in other media because of their rights being shared with other companies (Marvel isn't exactly hiding this). But the other stuff about Marvel trying to actively cancel the X-men etc is just convoluted nonsense to me.