Page 3 of 215 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Thanos wasn't responsible at all. We know for a fact that Black Bolt would have set off the bomb no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Considering it was fine with the atmosphere before it was remade in secret wars, the person to blame might be Reed Richards.
    I would not count on this as understood some mutants are more affected than others some will only show symptoms months later or become carriers of the disease without knowledge.

And I still think those pillars have something to do with it and not Reed.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    Thanos wasn't responsible at all. We know for a fact that Black Bolt would have set off the bomb no matter what.
    I was talking about the damage, the terrigen bomb was always going to be set off, the city wasn't meant to be destroyed that was to try and take out Thanos or at least delay him.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

About there being precedence for terrigen hurting mutants in the past, wasn't there a whole arc of X Factor Investigations based around Pietro trying to give depowered mutants powers with terrigenesis but it killing them because of how it mixed with the deactivated x gene? Yeah. This isn't new.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Is there an explicit statement to the effect that the universe-remodelling post Secret Wars caused the mists to be fatal to mutants?

Because otherwise, it's not uncommon for toxic substances to take a very long time to cause diseases or other symptoms. Asbestos, coal dust, the effect of nuclear fallout - in many cases diseases caused as a result of exposure develop years afterwards.

My point is not just that the Terrigen Mist is reckless in relation to mutants. It is reckless in relation to everyone except, presumably, the Inhumans, or the Nuhumans (save those unlucky ones who end up as a dinosaur with halitosis or something).

Now, I agree that the person(s) to blame in this case are Black Bolt and, I guess, Maximus. The Inhumans as a society, who were not responsible for the mists release, have only a moral responsiblity for how the problem is dealt with or, at least, not obstructing any potential solution.

The most obvious solution being removal of the toxic substance.
    Last edited by Coin Biter; 11-23-2016 at 07:40 AM.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    About there being precedence for terrigen hurting mutants in the past, wasn't there a whole arc of X Factor Investigations based arpund Pietro trying to give depowered mutants powers but it killing them because of how it mixed with the deactivated x gene? Yeah. This isn't new.
    Terrigen's effects on mutants and humans have contradicted itself multiple times. It's previously been shown that terrigen also evolves humans and kill them, just like what happened to mutants in Son of M. And then in other stories terrigen doesn't interact with either species at all.

Only explanation is to treat each occurence of terrigen as it's own strain since the effects seem to vary from nothing to terminal.

BANNED

See, this is what makes discussing the Inhumans complicated. In between the time Stan Lee stopped writing the Inhumans and Matt Fraction started, no one really made a conscious effort to keep Inhuman continuity in check. A writer would come in with the main idea from the Silver Age, and maybe they'd have read the Jae Lee series, and proceed from there to add their own spins on the lore. That's mainly due to the Inhumans being relegated to miniseries largely detached from one another and from the MU as a whole.

Gorgon got a second dose of the Terrigen Mists in Silent War turning him into a Minotaur-like rage monster for all of War of Kings. But by the Thanos Imperative he was back to normal. Why? I guess that's the way he looked in the Marvel Encyclopedia or something. Silent War ended with a cliff hanger in which Maximus hypnotized all of the Inhumans except for Black Bolt and Luna, taking Medusa and the throne and planning to conquer Earth. The next time we see them is When Skar comes a knocking prior to World War Hulk and Secret Invasion. Oh well. Jonathan Hickman thought it would be dandy to introduce Inhumans on other planets that Black Bolt had to enter into political marriage with to maintain his throne. Think we'll ever see them again?

Basically, consider Infinity #5 (or 6, whatever) to be a soft reboot of the Inhuman franchise. Everything after that follows an established continuity, everything before that is a soup.

Mighty Member

So without getting too spoilery, it seems we will never know what Cyclops did to the Inhumans that made the world think of him as Hitler.

So without getting too spoilery, it seems we will never know what Cyclops did to the Inhumans that made the world think of him as Hitler.

Not because it never happened.

It was just the marvel and writers trying to catch the fans' attention or changed their minds.

It's disappointing, I know, but it's the path they choose and unlucky for Inhumans because once again they seem more guilty than ever.

Mighty Member

At least Inhuman fans can be happy that the only casualties in Death of X were muties.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Not because it never happened.

It was just the marvel and writers trying to catch the fans' attention or changed their minds.

It's disappointing, I know, but it's the path they choose and unlucky for Inhumans because once again they seem more guilty than ever.
    I would say that the guilty here is Emma, who got mad and was the one who set up everything without caring for the consequences.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I would say that the guilty here is Emma, who got mad and was the one who set up everything without caring for the consequences.
    Were there actually any consequences? The only person that died in the operation was alchemy, and fixing the cloud has saved lives.

Even Emma didn't do anything wrong.

Were there actually any consequences? The only person that died in the operation was alchemy, and fixing the cloud has saved lives.

Even Emma didn't do anything wrong.
    She was the responsible of creating the tensions between mutants and inhumans while making Cyclops the responsible of all of that stuff, and is the responsible of Alchemy's death. She should be held responsible for her acts too.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    She was the responsible of creating the tensions between mutants and inhumans while making Cyclops the responsible of all of that stuff, and is the responsible of Alchemy's death. She should be held responsible for her acts too.
    I don't know if "creating tension" qualifies as doing anything wrong. Did Black Bolt not create tension with mutants when he dropped the bomb? Did Medusa not create tension when she kept anyone from doing anything about it?

It sucks that Alchemy died. He was a true hero. Ultimately though, he made his own decisions.

Emma and Emmaclops were heroes. Their actions in no way justify how they've been treated in-universe.

I really hope that after IvX ends, Emma ends in jail for her acts. Medusa tried to evacuate the mutans from Madrid before the cloud arrived but Emma was the one who caused the riot with the announcement. And Alchemy didn't made decissions, he was manipulated by Emma, so she is responsible for his death. As much as I dislike Scott, Emma practically threw his memory under the mud.