Page 5 of 215 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    My question is this: How is Black Bolt not hated by everyone? Dude literally executes Cyclops for no reason. But Cyclops is the pariah and Black Bolt owns a fucking bar.
    But it's revealed that wasn't the real Cyclops but a mental projection of Emma Frost.

But despite that he must be held responsible for all his other acts, but as I mentioned life is unfair and sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    If you have read the Firestar mini-series that was the debut of Angelica, she murdered the Hellfire Club guard who protected Angela, only because he tried to protect Angela from Emma's manipulations.
    Hmm, did not really go that way. The guard was imprisoned and managed to escape, during which he grabbed a gun and was mortally wounded in a shoot-out with the other HFC guards. (Still managed to make it to Angelica and warn her before dying)

Not that this is in any way relevant to Death of X.
    Last edited by yet another; 11-23-2016 at 10:54 AM.

BANNED

Alchemy's death is on Blackbolt. So is Madrox and Cyclops and every mutant death or sickness due to that holy genocide cloud that he unleashed. If anything Emma's actions only reduced his deathcount.

Mighty Member

But it's revealed that wasn't the real Cyclops but a mental projection of Emma Frost.

But despite that he must be held responsible for all his other acts, but as I mentioned life is unfair and sucks.
    I mean, we know that. But nobody else does. Black Bolt and Medusa know they just executed Cyclops. The X-men watched the whole thing. The only one who knows they didn't kill anyone is Emma (and Havok too, at the end).

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    I mean, we know that. But nobody else does. Black Bolt and Medusa know they just executed Cyclops. The X-men watched the whole thing. The only one who knows they didn't kill anyone is Emma (and Havok too, at the end).
    Medusa didn't execute Cyclops, that was only Black Bolt.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Alchemy's death is on Blackbolt. So is Madrox and Cyclops and every mutant death or sickness due to that holy genocide cloud that he unleashed. If anything Emma's actions only reduced his deathcount.
    Absolutely. There's no telling how many mutant and Inhuman lives Emma saved by getting rid of one of the death clouds.

One down, one to go.

Mighty Member

Medusa didn't execute Cyclops, that was only Black Bolt.
    She gave him the order. Like a mob boss.

I guess this is some comfort to those who were concerned that Death of X would demonise the mutants in general, and Cyclops in particular.

Because, frankly, the main people who seem to have been demonised are Medusa and Black Bolt Oh, and I suppose the X-Men, for their curiously ineffectual response.

Quite why Cyclops (or rather the Cyclops simulacrum) has been spoken of as being a maniac in the X-titles/Champions is difficult to determine.

Maybe the Inhumans have an incredibly diligent and effective propaganda department, hopping over like Putinistas to leave lengthy, impassioned, but somewhat poorly worded screeds underneath newspaper comment threads or on Facebook? Maybe there's an Inhumans TV channel, on which Inhuman speaking heads/beaks/gills denounce fake Cyclops' "extremism" and speak in hushed tones of the inviolability of the Terrigen mist?

Because otherwise you might have thought people would be a trifle miffed at Black Bolt's extra-judicial execution.

So from the solicits todays issue of death of x it seems that teen cyclops will find out what Happened and want revenge. Against Emma? Or blackbolt?
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by theilikepie View Post
    So from the solicits todays issue of death of x it seems that teen cyclops will find out what Happened and want revenge. Against Emma? Or blackbolt?
    Probably Emma, tbh. Nobody seems to care what Medusa and Black Bolt did.

Quote Originally Posted by theilikepie View Post
    Teen Cyclops was actually present when Black Bolt wasted his older "self".

I would suggest that this thread stays sticked until after IvX; after all, IvX #0 is coming out next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    It does not have unknown toxic potential, as Medusa states terrigen (or that strain of it) has been exposed to mutants and has proven harmless. It's not the same as an unknown toxic because it's known to be harmless to the group it is now toxic to.

There isn't a real world comparison for this situation without grossly misrepresenting the facts to make it seem like the terrigen released was always harmful.
    Well, the Phoenix didnt destroyed planet the first three times that it came either, but the Avengers keep insisting that this time that's what would happen; so it's the same thing.

One thing is blaming Black Bolt for the release of the Terrigen Mists (let's face it, he is guilty of that, even if it wasn't his intention to harm mutants nor other living beings). But another different is generalizing and blaming all Inhumans for the mistakes of Black Bolt. X-men fans complain that we generalize all of them, but it seems that they can generalize all the Inhumans? Yeah, how cute is the hypocrisy.
    According to Death of X, spoilers:
    Cyclops is worse than Hitler because he dared to do something against the Mist cloud.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Teen Cyclops was actually present when Black Bolt wasted his older "self".
    He doesn't know it was Emma though, so yeah, he's probably gonna be all mad at her being like "I wouldn't do anything like that so he wouldn't do either, it's all your fault, you were the actual Hitler this whole time!".

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    He doesn't know it was Emma though, so yeah, he's probably gonna be all mad at her being like "I wouldn't do anything like that so he wouldn't do either, it's all your fault, you were the actual Hitler this whole time!".
    Yep, I don't think he would have have waited that many issues to go after Black Bolt or Medusa.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

A few points that I don't think anyone is picking up on here for some reason:

1) Fake-clops was about to surprise attack the Royals with a optic blast when Black Bolt killed him in self-defense. It wasn't an execution, it was provoked.

2) It wasn't Cyclops' fault at all. It was Emmas, because she manufactured a fake event so his legacy wouldn't have ended from M-Pox. Scott really died during DOX #1.

3) Storm's X-Men aren't slandering Cyclops' name because he helped get rid of one of the T-Clouds (which they're probably grateful for), instead the X-Men are angry with him for being reckless and risking war with the Inhumans without consulting/against the wishes of the majority of mutants.

4) No in-universe characters have actually called him "Hitler" have they? Let's stick to what the characters mindset is, not what editorial's might be.

5) No one was the villain here. Emma came close, but ultimately knew her fake Cyclops projection wouldn't have hurt any Inhuman. She knew what would happen to him (Black Bolt's actions) and did it intentionally to give him a legacy that he would have lost if everyone knew his real fate. It increased mutant-Inhuman tensions, but there was no villain in this story. Stop acting like ANYONE was villified. Even Cyclops (to the reader) was clearly not even remotely the bad guy of Death of X. And we weren't supposed to think he was; that was the point of the (predictable) twist ending.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD