Page 8 of 215 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    dragonmp93 :

I was clear for You but for Emma?
    Medusa also is not interested in removing cloud by was ready to help mutants, unlucky for mutants Emma destroyed cloud.
    Good. Less people getting killed.

dragonmp93 :

I was clear for You but for Emma?
    Medusa also is not interested in removing cloud by was ready to help mutants, unlucky for mutants Emma destroyed cloud.
    Medusa only offered her help because otherwise it would be bad PR, and make mutants think that the cloud is toxic on purpose.

BANNED

dragonmp93 :
    Medusa only offered her help because otherwise it would be bad PR, and make mutants think that the cloud is toxic on purpose.
    so what? I don't think that this is important.
    Actions are more important than thoughts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I read here that Amadeus Cho did. And Black Bolt looks at Medusa and then she says "Yes", even before fakescott is about to use the optic blasts.
    Perhaps he was looking to her for a second opinion on whether to use the Voice. Which is frankly the most questionable aspect of the issue. Black Bolt using his voice in single combat is almost unheard of. Kang, Thanos, am entire Skrull fleet? Sure. But not Scott Summers. Alex's implication was that this was "suicide by cop" on Scott's part, though in actuality Emma fabricating a death epic enough to make him a legend.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    So what she intended to do nothing? It sure didn't look that way.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Perhaps he was looking to her for a second opinion on whether to use the Voice. Which is frankly the most questionable aspect of the issue. Black Bolt using his voice in single combat is almost unheard of. Kang, Thanos, am entire Skrull fleet? Sure. But not Scott Summers. Alex's implication was that this was "suicide by cop" on Scott's part, though in actuality Emma fabricating a death epic enough to make him a legend.
    Honestly I thought it was OOC for Medusa and BB. The deed was done. They had no reason to execute Scott Summers. Bad writing, unless Emma pushed them to do it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    Honestly I thought it was OOC for Medusa and BB. The deed was done. They had no reason to execute Scott Summers. Bad writing, unless Emma pushed them to do it.
    I think the writers are trying to swing the fact that removing the clouds means countless Inhumans are now lost to them. And that is perhaps worth enacting vengeance on him. But this series hasn't played up that aspect, that whoever "wins" dooms the other species, nearly enough. IvX needs to explicitly state what the Inhumans have to lose. Because it's a lot.

But make no mistake, this was not an executive, this was Emma martyring her lover's image.

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    A few points that I don't think anyone is picking up on here for some reason:

1) Fake-clops was about to surprise attack the Royals with a optic blast when Black Bolt killed him in self-defense. It wasn't an execution, it was provoked.

2) It wasn't Cyclops' fault at all. It was Emmas, because she manufactured a fake event so his legacy wouldn't have ended from M-Pox. Scott really died during DOX #1.

3) Storm's X-Men aren't slandering Cyclops' name because he helped get rid of one of the T-Clouds (which they're probably grateful for), instead the X-Men are angry with him for being reckless and risking war with the Inhumans without consulting/against the wishes of the majority of mutants.

4) No in-universe characters have actually called him "Hitler" have they? Let's stick to what the characters mindset is, not what editorial's might be.

5) No one was the villain here. Emma came close, but ultimately knew her fake Cyclops projection wouldn't have hurt any Inhuman. She knew what would happen to him (Black Bolt's actions) and did it intentionally to give him a legacy that he would have lost if everyone knew his real fate. It increased mutant-Inhuman tensions, but there was no villain in this story. Stop acting like ANYONE was villified. Even Cyclops (to the reader) was clearly not even remotely the bad guy of Death of X. And we weren't supposed to think he was; that was the point of the (predictable) twist ending.
    Unfortunately have to disagree at this point no matter how much the writers try this conflict is far from being well balanced.

Only mutants died in DoX three and each of them is due to inhuman mist.
    There is no reason for Cyclops be considered a villain or pariah even by his companions.
    Emma probably saved countless lives of mutants.

This is even worse than AvX no matter how hard I try the Inhumans can only use as an excuse that the mist is sacred to them and more important than the lives of others.

There's no denying editors, writers and Marvel made a real mess trying to defend the point of view of the Inhumans.

dragonmp93 :

so what? I don't think that this is important.
    Actions are more important than thoughts.
    So what she intended to do nothing? It sure didn't look that way.
    Well, i dont know, but it seemed that when Medusa called Crystal, she was asking for a one-time favor instead of giving an ongoing mission.

BANNED

dragonmp93 :
    Well, i dont know, but it seemed that when Medusa called Crystal, she was asking for a one-time favor instead of giving an ongoing mission.
    so what? Emma didn't had any knowledge about this.

dragonmp93 :

so what? Emma didn't had any knowledge about this.
    But after being attacked by the Government, SHIELD, the Avengers and the Purifiers; she didnt need to be a psychic to suspect that.

BANNED

dragonmp93 :
    But after being attacked by the Government, SHIELD, the Avengers and the Purifiers; she didnt need to be a psychic to suspect that.
    and sshe was wrong. Storm could move mists so they will never hit any cities.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post

There's no denying editors, writers and Marvel made a real mess trying to defend the point of view of the Inhumans.
    I wouldn't say that at all. They didn't defend their point of view enough. They left it to the reader to work out that there won't be any more Inhumans without the mists.

I wouldn't say that at all. They didn't defend their point of view enough. They left it to the reader to work out that there won't be any more Inhumans without the mists.
    The problem is precisely that is not a good reason.

After all Inhumans would still exist but without powers and if you say that this is more important than the lives of others then you have no way to be right.

At least in the AvX Avengers believed that Phoenix was coming to destroy the planet they were wrong of course but had reason to believe that.

Now past months without a cure several mutants have died, the X-men have had to move to limbo and yet missing two weeks for the inhuman mist to cover the planet they will oppose the X-men for trying to destroy the mist to save their Lives .

dragonmp93 :

and sshe was wrong. Storm could move mists so they will never hit any cities.
    Well, keeping that cloud in the middle of the ocean has practically the same effect as destroying it as far for what the Inhumans need the cloud for.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 11-23-2016 at 04:01 PM.