View Poll Results: Would you get the series?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes definitely

12 42.86%
  • Maybe if it has good reviews

5 17.86%
  • Might do but most likely no

4 14.29%
  • Definitely not

7 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Should Wonder Girl and Power Girl (Tanya Spears) get their own series?

Hey there is something that I'm wondering.

A couple of months ago Teen Titans #24 was released with the team breaking up after the death of Red Robin (also so that we could have the Rebrith Teen Titans Team). Two Titans who were not on the Rebirth team are Wonder Girl and Power Girl, from what they were saying it seemed like they were going to continue crime fighting as a duo. It made me wonder would the pair get their own series which depicts their efforts as a team?

Personally I would be for a team-up series but one problem I see with DC doing this is that they would be concerned about sales. If I were them I would start it off as a Limited Series and if it was popular enough bring it back as an ongoing. I think both characters have something to bring to the table and having two young women fighting crime together would be an interesting read.

I could imagine in the first issue Wonder Girl confronting a couple of bank robbers. They know they don't stand a chance and turn around and run. However they don't get far before Power Girl's giant foot comes down in front of them and they look up to her. The cops soon show up to arrest the thieves, not sure what would happen after that.

Would do you think? Should it be a series that you would pick up or do you think it is a bad idea?
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Tanya Spears is an interesting character but i'm not fond to her carrying the name of Power Girl, anyway i'll buy it.
    I'd be happier if Cassie rejoin Tim, Conner and Bart to reform Young Justice (the comic).

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I'd consider trying it, but then I don't have the comic budget that I used to so probably not for that reason. Also, it'd depend on the creative teams and what it's going to be about as well.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post

Would do you think? Should it be a series that you would pick up or do you think it is a bad idea?
    Well, I certainly don't think it's a bad idea. Far from it.

I can't see it having much potential long-term. Like you say, maybe a mini? It's also not something that I'd rush out and buy but maybe if the reviews were good?

For fans of the characters then certainly.

BANNED

Concept bores me to tears. So i dont think they should, but then again people buy worse stuff twice a month, so maybe it would work.

BANNED

No, there are characters and concepts more deserving of an ongoing. I like Cassie, Tanya is meh, but until every fan-favorite property at DC is given a chance I don't see this as necessary.

I would be interested but it would depend on the creative team, Cassie is one of my favourite DC heroes so I'd like to see her again.

Also DC needs more female led titles, especially ones not based on Bat family characters.
    Last edited by lucius121; 11-22-2016 at 11:40 AM.

The New 52 version of Cassie is one of my least favorite things about The New 52. She's a teenage archeological thief! And she has magic armor that gives her powers! And she stole it off her boyfriend to save him (and he never comes up again)! And the armor causes her more pain than any person has ever experienced! And she turns out to be Zeus's granddaughter and Diana's niece, which also gives her her powers! And don't call her Wonder Girl!

Did I miss anything? It's like someone threw a lot of concepts into a blender and turned it on High. The idea of a thief who steals mythological artifacts that give her powers is a good one, if developed (although them causing her great pain is way out there in terms of tone). The idea of a granddaughter of Zeus using her divine heritage to be a hero is also a good one, if developed (although the way it nails it to Diana being the daughter of Zeus - another thing I quite disliked about The New 52 - made it hard for me to enjoy it). But none of this was developed, and all combined it adds up to narrative incoherence and a character I just couldn't like.

I hope Rebirth gives her a major makeover.

Tanya didn't have enough time to make much of an impression on me either way. The Power Girl name doesn't seem to quite fit her, though.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

It sounds like a fun concept, but one involving characters that might need a lot of work done to them to make them viable characters again.

Cassie is probably due a major revision for Rebirth, though I doubt it'll happen in the pages of Wonder Woman. Probably Young Justice Rebirth if we ever get to that.

If the classic Power Girl ends up coming back to the main DCU as part of JSA Rebirth, I hope Tanya doesn't get left in the cold with her back. I think it would be good idea to quickly pair them up and have Kara be a mentor to her .

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

They need to fix the young justice founders before they throw them in a title.

Maybe, if it's good I don't see why not buy it.

The thing is there are several other characters more deserving of an ongoing (or mini) than Power/Wonder Girl like Vixen or Zatanna. Although I certainly wouldn't mid if they both were included in a YJ rebirth book. In fact I would ratter just have the Yj book.

Nothing of serie but Tanya returns in March..

DEATHSTROKE 15

“TWILIGHT” part four! Faced with a career-ending diagnosis, Deathstroke is coached by Power Girl to reinvent himself—and comes face to face with a rival assassin known as Deadline!

CONGRATULATIONS

BANNED

I can't answer this, because I am complicated.

I don't think they should get a series, but if they did, I would probably buy it.

Off hand, I can't think of any reason why they should (let alone anything that would make me want to buy one).

However, rather than "definitely not", I'd have voted for an option like "No thank you, but if other people truly want to pay for one, . . .

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Not until they are built back up and set right. Also, what about Cassie?