Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Dumped all the marvel books from my pull list last month and now i kinda regret

Last Month I Dropped all the marvel books off my pull list to return several of the dc books i had been reading to my pulls...mostly due to the smaller price tag and the disgust and sickness from event overdose

however i feel like I've made a grave mistake i have no idea why and my only guess is My inner marvel fanboy is lashing out at me

but i don't wanna get dragged into randomly double shipping madness and the events that just never stop

it's like big head ache that just won't ago away

i know this probably sounds crazy to you guys and i gotta admit this can't be normal can it?

to have such an attachment to marvel that to simply walk away from them forever causes feelings of disappointment and regret

Bleh.

get Marvel Unlimited.

Cheaply read the comics you like without dealing with the double shipping and events
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Seems like a pretty normal reaction to me. Speaking for myself, as a fan of all these characters for nearly my entire life, if I were to suddenly walk away from it all, I would certainly miss them too. It's like an addiction, you have your withdrawals when you first walk away from it, but given enough time, you'll get over it. With that said, I would give Marvel another chance. Yes, they have quite a bit of really bad books, but they also have some truly awesome books to give a try.
    Favorite Marvel Superheroes (in no particular order): Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Wolverine (Logan), Daredevil, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Black Bolt, Deadpool, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), The Thing, Cyclops, Emma Frost.

Favorite DC Superheroes (in no particular order): Batman, Batgirl/Oracle (Barbara Gordon), Zatanna, The Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Black Canary, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Shazam.

Did you actually like the series you dropped? Because if yes there is your problem, I understand wanting to read cheaper comics not interrupted by events but if you dropped something you genuinely enjoyed just because you wanted to quit Marvel cold turkey that's probably the reason.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Bleh.

get Marvel Unlimited.

Cheaply read the comics you like without dealing with the double shipping and events
    This works too.
    Favorite Marvel Superheroes (in no particular order): Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Wolverine (Logan), Daredevil, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Black Bolt, Deadpool, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), The Thing, Cyclops, Emma Frost.

Favorite DC Superheroes (in no particular order): Batman, Batgirl/Oracle (Barbara Gordon), Zatanna, The Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Black Canary, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Shazam.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Did you actually like the series you dropped? Because if yes there is your problem, I understand wanting to read cheaper comics not interrupted by events but if you dropped something you genuinely enjoyed just because you wanted to quit Marvel cold turkey that's probably the reason.
    yeah i did like amazing spider-man's build-up to clone conspiracy and while i fell off due to being swamped with other books at the time i was very much interested in catching up on All New Wolverine

Also Quitting Marvel When Certain new books caught my eye like Great Lakes Avengers(Loved The First Issue)probably doesn't help either

i get my comics mailed to me via tfaw so any comic books I've been reading for a long time or hell even any new books i just started reading...whenever i drop those or think about dropping them i just get sad inside

because it feels like I'm constantly changing up my pull list and never letting the status quo remain calmly still for one moment....I've Dropped Books early on that i actually liked just to save money or give something else a chance(Gwenpool didn't get more than 2 issues out of me and again it's a book i enjoyed but couldn't respect because i had my head caught in being some sort of machine that had to test out whatever looked neat at the time not caring if it meant dumping something i had grown attached to)

and it's gotten to that point where dropping a whole line is like a punch in the gut

i have more than enough time to read these comics yet I frequently find myself lost in other things such as pointless youtube videos or playing overwatch

Extraordinary Member

This is 'normal' for a lot of comic book readers, and one of the ugly sides of having to pick your books in advance. I tend to go through Marvel phases, DC phases and then sometimes Indie phases, so my pull list sees some major changes a few times a year, and there is often feelings of regret associated with each change (probably what leads to the next change.)

Lesson: Avoid Impulsive Purging.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    This is 'normal' for a lot of comic book readers, and one of the ugly sides of having to pick your books in advance. I tend to go through Marvel phases, DC phases and then sometimes Indie phases, so my pull list sees some major changes a few times a year, and there is often feelings of regret associated with each change (probably what leads to the next change.)
    and what change is that? getting some fruity pebbles

Fantastic Member

I haven't collected Marvel comics to any great extent since the late 1980's. I did pick up Daredevil: Yellow mini-series in the early 200X's, but that was only because it was old-skool DD & the art by Tim Sale was excellent (as always).

I tried to collect the 2006 Moon Knight series - but, it was so inferior to the original '80's series that I dropped it after 2-3 issues.

I hate floppies - they are too prone to bending, and having to buy individual backing boards/bags is a hassle as well.

These days, the only Marvel comics I buy are CE's that are reprinting Marvel comics from the '60's - '80's.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Maybe just pick up a handful of Marvel titles? It doesn't have to be all or nothing. I know Marvel is constantly putting out events and relaunches which can sour you at times but they still put out quality books. Maybe just pick Gwenpool and GLA maybe pick up one or two of the none flagship titles that are least likely to to get dragged into the events?

Also, trading codes with people can help you read more whilst maintaining a trim pull-list.

I used to have 11-14 Marvel titles on my pull list and it was tough pulling away, even though I wasn't having fun anymore with Marvel and annoyed with all the editorial decisions. But it does get easier.

The remedy for me was putting a few awesome IMAGE titles on my pull list, plus getting into classic Marvel by rediscovering old issues that I own, plus ordering back issues of titles on ebay that I never read. The only thing depressing about that, is reading these great older issues puts a spotlight on how weak Marvel has been lately in my opinion.

BANNED

thanks for the responses guys i know it's probably not too weird to see this kind of behavior from comic book fans but i try to keep my pull list stable

it can't be done

If you really regret dropping something by Marvel . . . wait until its collected in tpb and you can usually get it for less.
    That way, if you start to hear terrible things about a title half-way into an arc, you can maybe avoid buying the start of the arc in the first place.
    (And if you have access to a store like Barnes & Noble, you can maybe go to the store and look over the tbp before you actually shell out any money for it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    Last Month I Dropped all the marvel books off my pull list to return several of the dc books i had been reading to my pulls...mostly due to the smaller price tag and the disgust and sickness from event overdose

however i feel like I've made a grave mistake i have no idea why and my only guess is My inner marvel fanboy is lashing out at me

but i don't wanna get dragged into randomly double shipping madness and the events that just never stop

it's like big head ache that just won't ago away

i know this probably sounds crazy to you guys and i gotta admit this can't be normal can it?

to have such an attachment to marvel that to simply walk away from them forever causes feelings of disappointment and regret
    Nope. I felt that way leaving DC. It was the $20,000 I made selling off my collection and my unforgettable Hawaii trip that turned the tide. It'll itch for about a month or two but hang in there. As someone who knows a thing or three about addiction, this is minor, besides, if you really regret it, there's soooooo much of it out there, you'll have no problem catching up. It's once two three months of solicitations go by that you'll be on the other side. I've left Marvel twice, in 96 with Liefeld and Lee, and after Bendis fucked over my Avengers, little by little I came back, but Tony, Steve, Bruce, Odinson, and the FF aren't where they belong, and I'm tired of being ripped off by the diversity agenda and my been there, read that attitude. 6 books from a pull list of over 60. All thats left of the Big Two. Lifelong Bruce Wayne fan. Unreadable to me. Clark and Hal were my #2-3. No mas. Good luck. No joke.