Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChibaMariners View Post
    They have it backwards on the F4 movies IMO. They should set it up by explaining Doom's rise & fall first. Explain his origin and how he failed to save his mother, "Liberating" Latveria and turning it into a prosperous country, etc with some brief cameos of the F4 ... THEN introduce the Fantastic 4 proper in a subsequent film. You can't have Doom as a villain in all his glory without explaining his motivations & convictions. He's bad, but he's a complicated kind of bad guy. Let the audience debate whose methods are in the right. Shoveling all of the Fantastic 4 & Doom into 1 movie doesn't work IMO. It would need to be 4 hours for that to work. Plus quite frankly a lot of people care more about Doom than the F4. A villain movie could be a nice change of pace to finally get something started with that dang franchise.
    I've been saying this FOR YEARS!!!

I'd also add the caveat of having the Valeria Richards relationship in the movies as well. In my opinion, the best way to do it, without the multiversal craziness, would be to have Doom have a brief relationship with Sue (before she falls for Reed), while in the states, and that's how Val comes into the picture (yes, making her older than Franklin), and when she gets older she finds out who her father, and travels to Latveria during his Civil War.

That's another thing, I'd change the Civil War from him walking into the place, and taking over, to him galvanizing the people around him. Just a way of showing how much he got the people to love him.

So yeah, Latverian Civil War, Valeria, and Kristoff, along with his backstory, are the best way to add layers to Doom's character, before introducing the Fantastic Four.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Well looks like he was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    LMAO......That is a joke. captain america derivative plot and predicable straight forward plot is no match for DOFP, First Class and X2.

By the first 10 minutes of winter solider, I was able to predict the whole film. the films lacks the complexity and depth of any of the x-men movies.

XDoFP also telegraphed its ending in the first scene.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!