Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Reed could be the problem but I don't think it's because of his powers. Plus we accept a walking tree with a three word vocabulary so I think audiences could handle a rubber man.

Extraordinary Member

I edited/added more of my thoughts in the last past or here.

The special effect in shows these days are still high level and basically movie quality.Is everything completely on the highest movie level?maybe not, but they are better then ever before and it looks like inhumans will have completely really high movie level recent special effects from what i read so far.That's rare for any show but it's happening.
    The info i posted the last page is old and since then the special effects has improve as well.In fact the special effects for ghost rider in aos in my view is on par or better then the special effects for ghost rider in his two movies.
    So it depends on the show for special effects.
    Heck the special effects for supergirl has improve too and it's better then the flash.In fact it was better then then flash in season 1.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-22-2016 at 06:51 PM.

The first ghost rider was like 10 years ago do id hope so

And i think some would argue GR2 looked better than aos version.

Regardless... movies have better sfx, better fight choreography, better costumes, and bette actors.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Regardless... movies have better sfx, better fight choreography, better costumes, and bette actors.

I will get back to you on that one.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-22-2016 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Reed could be the problem but I don't think it's because of his powers. Plus we accept a walking tree with a three word vocabulary so I think audiences could handle a rubber man.
    if he were an alien comedic relief character, sure. but keep in mind that they'd be selling Reed as the smartest man in the Marvel Universe.

Extraordinary Member

The special effect in shows these days are still high level and basically movie quality.Is everything completely on the highest movie level?maybe not, but they are better then ever before and it looks like inhumans will have completely really high movie level recent special effects from what i read so far.That's for any show but it's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I don't agree with that view completely.It depends on the show and movie.Not everything movies do are better and not everything a show does is better.
    Sometimes they could be about in stuff that you mention above.
    10 years ago is not that long ago and i would ghost rider on aos special effects is on par or better then the ghost rider 2 movie.
    Ghost rider movie is 9 years ago by the way and ghost rider 2 is 5 years ago.
    The buffy and angel show vs the buffy movie?nope the shows do all better and had better stories too and stronger character development.
    Star gate show vs the star gate movie?I think the show overall did it better.Clearly they had the better stories as well and stronger character development.
    The star trek shows vs the star trek movies?nope i don't agree with that view completely.
    In fact the fight choreography and space battles on average are much better then movies and on average the stories too.
    In the end what matters if the show or movie for these days has high quality overall,plus for me
    Shows could go deeper into character development and tell stronger stories on average or tell some stories that could be stronger depending how strong a movie could be.

FF could be a show just like inhumans will be.
    Not everything needs to be a movie from my point view.If black panther had a show i would be just as happy.
    In fact overall more happy.
    Even more happier if he had both a live action show and movie/s.
    I heard that inhumans may still get a movie for the big screen in phase 4.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-22-2016 at 07:39 PM.

On the whole show thing.

While tv has come a long way, it's till doesn't come close to what would be need for a decent F4. Only Sue's Invisibility and Johnny could be done well. Sue's force fields would be limited in what they could do, Ben would look cheap as they couldn't afford to use the CG necessary for him in every episode. Reed's stretching is just out of the question, even the films failed at that.

The most important thing, the adventures to amazing places, would be lackluster at best. The FF are adventurers that travel to some of the most visually imaginative places, that can't be done on a tv budget. They would be reduced to being Earth based (which is a serious problem I had with every single Fox Movie), or the places would look cheap.

Now the villains. No way would Marvel waste great villains to just tv, which would lead to their rogues gallery being taken away from them. No FF vs Doom or Reed/Doom rivalry, No FF vs Galactus or Silver Surfer/ No Annihilus. The list goes on.

A tv Fantastic Four is just not feasible, compared to the Inhumans.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    On the whole show thing.

While tv has come a long way, it's till doesn't come close to what would be need for a decent F4. Only Sue's Invisibility and Johnny could be done well. Sue's force fields would be limited in what they could do, Ben would look cheap as they couldn't afford to use the CG necessary for him in every episode. Reed's stretching is just out of the question, even the films failed at that.

The most important thing, the adventures to amazing places, would be lackluster at best. The FF are adventurers that travel to some of the most visually imaginative places, that can't be done on a tv budget. They would be reduced to being Earth based (which is a serious problem I had with every single Fox Movie), or the places would look cheap.

Now the villains. No way would Marvel waste great villains to just tv, which would lead to their rogues gallery being taken away from them. No FF vs Doom or Reed/Doom rivalry, No FF vs Galactus or Silver Surfer/ No Annihilus. The list goes on.

A tv Fantastic Four is just not feasible, compared to the Inhumans.
    I disagree like i mention in other posts in this thread and It could be done on tv or a show on hbo or streaming service.The special effects are much better for tv today then ever before.I can't believe some folks can't see this.They are movie quality but varied.Some shows do it better then others however.
    By the way marvel villains for the shows are better developed on average then movie ones.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-22-2016 at 08:08 PM.

Extraordinary Member

By the way would folks be happy with ff on live action tv or no live action ff at all?
    What is that saying?
    Oh i got it.
    Beggars can't be choosers.
    Folks should be just as happy or more happier if ff comes to tv or a streaming service.
    Anyway this will my last post in this thread.
    Bye.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-22-2016 at 08:10 PM.

Incredible Member

So... basically an "impossibility" until if/when the rights revert back... Then look how quickly "impossible" becomes doable.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I disagree like i mention in other posts in this thread and It could be done on tv or a show on hbo or streaming service.The special effects are much better for tv today then ever before.I can't believe some folks can't see this.They are movie quality but varied.Some shows do it better then others however.
    By the way marvel villain for the shows are better developed on average then movie ones.
    Special effects on tv have definitely gotten better, but they are still not up to the point where the F4 can be done justice. The budget is just not there. Also, Marvel needs every villain it can get and the F4 have some of the best. No way is Marvel going to put them on tv, they will be used in movies which would take away from any would be F4 show.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    By the way would folks be happy with ff on live action tv or no live action ff at all?
    What is that saying?
    Oh i got it.
    Beggars can't be choosers.
    Folks should be just as happy or more happier if ff comes to tv.
    Anyway this will my last post in this thread.
    Bye.
    If/When Marvel gets the rights to the F4, a movie is the only option that makes sense. A tv show is a nice idea, but it just will not work. I'd rather have movie that has a chance of being great, than a show that assured to be lackluster.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I have no cartoon, no prospect for a decent movie and not even a comic. Nothing.

Lmao you might as well start writing some fanfic.

Jokes asides they probably don't know what to do with them after Secret Wars. They're likely scratching their heads and wondering what's next.

BANNED

Is this, honestly, a surprise to anyone?

Mighty Member

I really think that a Doom series can work better on television than a F4 show. A tv show focused on Doom and Latveria, inspired by "the book of Doom" can be amazing ! With the migrant crisis, the war in Syria etc. this series can be totally relevant: if you go to the roots of Doom, a Romani super-genius against a totalitarian power in his country, with Usa trying to grab him for his own interest is very interesting ! And you can even introduce Reed Richards, a naïve and patriot young super-genius who work for the Usa, and try to capture Doom .
    And like "Legion", Fox and Marvel can work together to produce this series.
    Last edited by lordozone; 11-22-2016 at 08:59 PM.

BANNED

This is wild that Dr. Doom is not in these main Marvel movies. It's unthinkable when u think about it. Thanos is a decent substitute but Doom and his way of speaking, outsmarting everyone, having the last word, and no one sells the upper hand better than Doom. This hasn't been show onscreen yet and it SUCKS.